List of Stands
(Redirected from List of stands)Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are 168 unique Stands in total so far across Parts 3-8 in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
These Stands (and most of their users) appear only in the Light Novels.
- A running theme in the Stand abilities of main antagonists is the power to manipulate time and/or space at some point. The World stops time, Killer Queen Bites the Dust loops time, King Crimson erases time, Made in Heaven accelerates the flow of time, and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap travels through parallel dimensions. This pattern stems from Araki's belief that the main antagonist should be overpowered and that if one were able to control space and time they would be unstoppable.
- The Stands of the protagonists in Parts 3-6 follow a naming convention based on minerals: platinum, diamond, gold, and stone (Star Platinum, Crazy Diamond, Gold Experience, and Stone Free respectively).
- In JoJolion, the stands in the Higashikata Family all have King in their names (Paper Moon King, Nut King Call, King Nothing, California King Bed, Speed King, Walking Heart, Awaking III Leaves, and Space Trucking).
- In Stardust Crusaders, most of the first Stands introduced are named after the Major Arcana of the Tarot (early on, also modified by a color or metal name). Rider-Waite-Smith numbering is also used (the Justice card visual manifestation features the number eleven). Later on, the remaining Stands excluding The World, Cream, and Tenore Sax are named after Egyptian deities.
- In Diamond is Unbreakable, certain Stands are revealed to have emerged from contact with the Bow and Arrow.
- In Stone Ocean, Stand Discs are introduced via Whitesnake's ability, bringing powers to anybody compatible with a Stand, and, as with a few cases, making it possible to obtain a second Stand temporarily.
- In Steel Ball Run, Stands are mostly developed when somebody is affected by the Devil's Palm or makes contact with the Saint's Corpse. Most of the Stands in this story do not overtly fight in battles but provide their users with powers instead.
- The running theme for Stand names in JORGE JOESTAR is movie titles. For example, Funny Valentine's Stand is named after the film Singing in the Rain, Secco's Stand is named after the film The Evil Dead, and Jonathan Joestar's Stand is named after the film The Passion of the Christ (which is often shortened to "The Passion", thus the Stand's name).