Tower of Gray
Tower of Gray (タワー・オブ・グレー（灰の塔） Tawā Obu Gurē) is the Stand of Gray Fly featured in the third part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Stardust Crusaders. It takes the form of a giant stag with the ability to move at incredibly fast speeds and tear out the tongues of its victims.
Tower of Gray appears as a large, dark stag beetle about the size of one's hand with intricate patterns on its shell. A hidden, toothed, secondary jaw can spring out from its mouth. Despite having the general form of a beetle, it also possesses teeth in its mouth.
Tower of Gray is generally portrayed as being a red-eyed bug with a jet black shell, and blue patterns.
Tower of Gray's modus operandi is to use its second mouth and speed to tear out the tongue of an opponent, but it demonstrates no personality of its own apart from its user's.
Tower of Gray specializes in making attacks look like accidents. Muhammad Avdol comments that it is responsible for many cases of arson, plane and train crashes, and most recently an accident in England that caused about 300 casualties.
Tower of Gray is a small and fragile Stand. However, it is also incredibly fast and nimble, and its secondary jaw grants it unsuspected destructive power.
Chapters / Episodes
- Araki chose to start off with the less popular tarot cards for the enemies. He was inspired to create Tower of Gray after imagining how annoying it'd be if an insect was trapped inside of an airplane mid-flight.
- The plane crash that Tower of Gray is said to have caused in England may be a reference to the Pan Am Flight 103 disaster, in which a plane flying over Britain was bombed and crashed into the ground, killing 270 people. The attack happened in 1988, the year the events of Stardust Crusaders take place.
- Chapter 122: Head to Egypt
- Chapter 123: Tower of Gray
- JOJOVELLER: Araki's Stand Commentaries - Tower of Gray
- Pan Am Flight 103