A loyal follower and friend of DIO, Pucci aspires to implement a plan long formulated by DIO to "achieve heaven". Working as a chaplain at Green Dolphin Street Prison, he secretly frames Jolyne Cujoh and uses her as bait to lure Jotaro Kujo and his memories of DIO's Diary.
Pucci is a dark-skinned man of average to above-average height and slim to fit build.
Pucci has very short white hair with shaved lines forming two elongated hexagons of hair between his scalp and his temples, each joining the corresponding eyebrow with a zig-zagging strand of hair. In early depictions, the other side of these hexagons joined the rest of the hair with another zig-zagging strand of hair and shaved lines formed a triangle behind each ear in a way that the larger mass of hair formed a large plus sign on the back of his head. Later depictions have the shaved lines of each hexagon joining and going to the base of his skull by forming a one-chevron line. He has thin sideburns, spreading at the edge of the middle of his jaw.
In early depictions, his irises had a plus sign shaped star design which changed into a solid color incomplete disk, missing a circular section either on the left or the right side.
Pucci wears a slim, black gown, in the style of a priest's vestment. A gold cross is printed on top, spanning his chest and running his length, with two golden double crosses at the wrists of his sleeves. The gown is accompanied with an $800 pair of pants and some loafers. He later added a belt over his gown.
Pucci of the New Moon
After fusing with the Green Baby, Pucci's appearance takes a number of superficial changes.
Strands of hair join to his eyebrows, forming a five-pointed star on his forehead and his right sideburn join with it. His hair changes design with three shaved lines going from his left temple to the base of his skull. He grows ponytails or dreadlocks, which thread through the holes of his collar.
In early depictions, like the Green Baby, his eyelashes grow into spikes and his skin has lines going over it and he replaces his previous belt with a much larger double belt, and his wrists now have golden bands. He has five ponytails, his sideburn has 4 lines going to his eyebrows with one going to the left eyebrow and the shaved lines follow the top of his scalp.
Later depictions have only 3 ponytails, 3 lines joining his sideburn to his right eyebrow and the shaved lines following his left temple.
The priest Enrico Pucci is a fanatic committed to a heretical notion of God's will and to DIO's plan.
As a teenager, Enrico Pucci was a good-hearted man, who tried the best he could to follow his faith as a future priest. Even then, Pucci was already interested in Fate as he was curious as to why he lived while his twin brother Domenico Pucci died. These interrogations were what made him want to become a priest and seek answers. When a tragic series of events led to the suicide of his beloved sister Perla, Pucci fell into despair and then went to see DIO, whom he encountered before.
Enrico Pucci then became a radical believer after frequenting DIO, whose principal credo was that humans were helpless before many forces which ruled the Universe. Among these forces, God's will and Fate -which Pucci dubs "Gravity"- were the most brought up. Pucci's backstory, full of near-impossible coincidences and twists of fate and Perla's death whose responsibility couldn't be pinned on anybody, in particular, were the probable inceptions of this belief. Prone to chitchat, a lingering effect of his many discussions with DIO, Pucci often brings multiple random trivia to drive his point: observing Miraschon try to steal a golden cross, Pucci explained how Miraschon couldn't escape her nature; similarly, Pucci explained to Jolyne how a certain species of reckless swallows died young because they didn't realize their limits, and used this as a metaphor for the Joestar bloodline. Mixing this belief with DIO's plan to "attain Heaven", Pucci sought to make every human know their fated paths via Made in Heaven's power, and give them the "resolution" to accept their destiny, calling it true "happiness". Essentially, Pucci wished that humans realized that they couldn't fight Fate and make them at peace with their status as subordinates of Fate.
In his quest for attaining Heaven, Pucci used many immoral methods including murder, manipulation, and bribery. Pucci was particularly callous about human lives, considering that he worked for the greater good anyway and that these sacrifices were insignificant. DIO's plan notably included the sacrifice of 36 human lives, and Pucci also sought to murder anyone who would cross his path, even Emporio Alniño who was a helpless child, or used minions he would recruit with manipulation or promises of favors as the priest of Green Dolphin Street. Underhanded tactics are not beneath him: Pucci favors imposing cruel choices to his enemies, for instance throwing Jotaro's Memory DISC into the dying Anasui, and asking Jolyne whether she wants to stop him or save Jotaro, as the DISC will disappear if Anasui dies and her father as a result, and Pucci would drive Jotaro through a similar choice in his final battle.
Generally, Pucci is a rather immoral person, having no qualm being violent (his first appearance has him smashing Miraschon face-first into the edge of a cabinet after discovering a theft) or collaborating with various criminals, viewing them as tools to further his plans. As a fanatic, Pucci neither enjoys nor dislikes the numerous immoral acts he commits, being focused on his plan above all. As DIO planned for, his friend Pucci doesn't take any interest whatsoever in worldly concerns such as wealth or sex, and his only drives are his friendship with DIO and his belief, although, during their first meeting, DIO noticed a burgeoning evil in the priest who was reading a book about a clergyman committing adultery and running from his office to become an artist. In his goal to obtain DIO's plans, he sacrificed Johngalli A, the only one of his original allies left and DIO's son Donatello. His twin brother Wes told him when he regained his memory, that he was "the worst evil: an evil man who didn't know that he was evil".
A rather reserved priest, Pucci became more and more exalted as the plan neared its completion, having occasional outbursts of enthusiasm and celebrating the Green Baby's conception. Prior to acquiring Made in Heaven, Pucci was an anxious person and used to recite the prime numbers, which calmed him thanks to their indivisibility. Upon unlocking it, however, Pucci became supremely confident, and began to express his emotions more freely, exasperated at Jolyne's persistence to resist him and angrily shout her name.
Interestingly, Pucci's first Stand Whitesnake possesses its own personality which can be described as scornful and vicious. Whitesnake vocalizes Pucci's inner emotions more freely than its user, notably his anger.
Pucci appreciates Messiah, an oratorio from English composer George Frederic Handel, and is seen carrying the disc of the music with him.
Pucci develops two Stands other than his original during the course of Stone Ocean.
Whitesnake is Pucci's basic Stand, with which he may steal up to two DISCs from individuals, one DISC contains the Stand of the target while the other DISC contains the target's memories. Whitesnake can also produce an acid which slowly dissolves its enemies and puts them in a dream-like state. Pucci then develops C-Moon with the instructions in DIO's Diary and with DIO's Bone, which manipulates gravity. It can create a gravitational field around Pucci, and its punches pull things inside out, essentially destroying them in the process. Pucci finally develops Made in Heaven with further instructions in DIO's Diary, which steadily accelerates the speed of time by manipulating the universe's gravity. Unlike C-Moon, the effect has no range limitation and affects the whole universe.
Pucci is able to tie a cherry stem in a knot with his tongue.
- DIO: DIO's encounter with Pucci is presumably the most prominent example of humanity displayed by him, having healed Pucci's foot when they first meet. Through the time he spends with Pucci, DIO comes to trust him enough to allow Pucci to inherit control of his plan. At one point, DIO forced Pucci's hand into his head and nearly had his Stand DISC removed to test Pucci's loyalty to him.
- Johngalli A: Pucci had allied with Johngalli A to kill Jotaro and his daughter to avenge DIO. Despite their alliance, Pucci later betrayed Johngalli A and killed him.
- Ungalo: Ungalo is one of 4 known illegitimate children that DIO had during the events before Stardust Crusaders. Ungalo is a minor antagonist in Stone Ocean and when he fatefully meets Pucci he awakens the Stand Bohemian Rhapsody which causes fictional characters to come alive. Prior to meeting Pucci, Ungalo was a grief stricken drug addict. When he encounters Pucci in the hospital he holds him hostage. He then stabs Pucci in the throat before being taken away by a stick figure nearby a "Do Not Walk" sign.
- Rikiel: Rikiel is another of the 4 known illegitimate children that DIO had during the events prior to Stardust Crusaders. Rikiel is a minor character of Stone Ocean and when he fatefully meets Pucci he awakens the stand Sky High which allows him to control a colony of Cryptids. Before meeting Pucci, Rikiel was not confident with his abilities but when Pucci unlocked his stand he had new found confidence within himself.
- Donatello Versus: Donatello is another of the 4 known illegitimate children DIO had before the events of Stardust Crusaders. Donatello is a minor character of Stone Ocean and when he fatefully meets with Pucci he awakens his stand Underworld. Donatello met Pucci at the hospital after a botched robbery left him severely injured and was told about his stand. He then tries but fails to eliminate Jolyne Cujoh and Ermes Costello, leading him to betray Pucci by stealing Weather Report's Memory Disc.
- Jotaro Kujo: Pucci harbored a grudge against Jotaro for having killed DIO. However, Jotaro was unaware of Pucci's existence until the end of Stone Ocean. Pucci took his revenge by stealing both Jotaro's memories and Stand to let his lifeless corpse rot away, but nonetheless knew he was a dangerous Stand user, thus took every precaution against him. Pucci ultimately killed Jotaro in Florida.
- Jolyne Cujoh: To Pucci, he only saw her as bait at first in order to get to Jotaro but proved to be a bigger threat upon her determination on getting her father's Stand and memory disks. They became enemies right away once informed that Whitesnake was, in fact, Pucci and was eager to take his life but Pucci proved himself to be a lot more challenging when he threw her father's memories into a dying Anasui which gave Pucci the edge of achieving victory. Jolyne became more than determined in stopping him and putting an end to his plans but her efforts would soon be fatal while she almost fell to Pucci's newly evolved C-Moon and would finally fall to his Made In Heaven while protecting Emporio, but has managed to cut the right side of his eye before dying.
- Emporio Alniño: After Pucci murdered his mother, Emporio was aware of his villainy and feared him. Originally Pucci did not think much of Emporio due to his age, but would later regret his decision to not kill him as Emporio would later kill him and destroy his plans once and for all.
Relationships in Eyes of Heaven
(The information below derives from a Video Game not written by Araki. As such, it may not be considered canon.)
- Heaven Ascension DIO: Pucci was as loyal to Ascension DIO as he was to regular DIO.
- Pucci is allergic to shellfish.
|Agents of DIO|
|Zombies and other Undead|
|Egypt 9 Glory Gods|
|Agents of Pucci|
|Stone Ocean Characters|