Urban Guerrilla (アーバン・ゲリラ Āban Gerira), otherwise known as Ryo Shimosato (下里 良 Shimosato Ryō), is a secondary antagonist featured in the eighth part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, JoJolion, specifically the "The Plant Appraiser - Rai Mamezuku (31)" story arc.
Urban Guerrilla is a Rock Human sent by the Locacaca Organization to retrieve Rai Mamezuku. Riding upon his pet Rock Animal, Doremifasolati Do, Urban Guerrilla pursues Mamezuku, Josuke, and Yasuho and subsequently battles all three of them. He is a Stand User and can decompose flesh through his Brain Storm.
Urban Guerrilla is a well-built Rock Human, dressed in minimal clothing. He wears a set of bracers on his forearms and a pair of trousers with three vents on the thighs and metal knee guards. Over Urban Guerrilla's head is a complex hood that features a breathing apparatus hooked into his mouth, along with goggles stylized with six-pronged eyelashes and a lens wiper on the left side.
However, when in public Urban Guerrilla assumes the appearance of a normal doctor in uniform, complete with glasses. He's also revealed to have short hair.
Urban Guerrilla seems to constantly bare his teeth.
Urban Guerrilla is an animalistic Rock Human, grunting and growling while speaking. When stalking his targets, he devises a "killing order" to select who he'll assassinate first based on their threat level. Urban Guerrilla also displays an intense and disturbing side when frustrated, stating to Rai Mamezuku that he'd take his time dismembering and mutilating Mamezuku's body. Despite his brutality, Urban Guerrilla is efficient in his work and intelligent; observing his enemies before attacking and making sure to take needed precautions.
Urban Guerrilla is disdainful of humans and dreams that one day the Rock Humans will stand above humanity, planning to use the new variety of the Locacaca to do so. Despite his racist views towards human beings, he praises Josuke as a "marvel of biology" due to Josuke's nature as a fusion between Josefumi Kujo and Yoshikage Kira.
As a doctor at TG University Hospital (specialist in gastrointestinal diseases), it can be inferred that Urban Guerrilla was bright enough to exercise his job or obtain his medical license by himself.
- Main article: Brain Storm
Urban Guerrilla's Stand Brain Storm is a colony in the form of burr puzzles sent out from his hands. It mimics the effects of certain bacteria by melting the flesh of anyone touching it and creating holes in its victim's body.
Urban Guerrilla is a Rock Human who worked for the Locacaca Organization. In addition, he was working as a doctor in TG University Hospital specialized in gastrointestinal diseases and pretended to be "Ryo Shimosato, aged 38".
By riding on his pet Doremifasolati Do underground in areas with soil, Urban Guerrilla inconspicuously pursues Rai Mamezuku. Josuke and Yasuho also get involved when they meet the plant appraiser on a bus. The trio quickly abandons the bus and heads away from trees, causing Urban Guerrilla and Doremifasolati Do to be slowed down by the asphalt and concrete on the road. His Stand Brain Storm kills two rats by melting holes in their flesh and also assassinates two patrolling police officers who stop by the abandoned bus.
Urban Guerrilla catches up to his prey at their "safe place" and Brain Storm attacks them from tree branches, melting holes in Mamezuku's left hand. While Yasuho runs toward the sixth pole of the ski-lift that Josuke and Mamezuku are on, Urban Guerrilla and Doremifasolati Do reveal themselves. He grabs Yasuho's neck and sends Brain Storm into her body. However, Mamezuku uses Doggy Style and stabs Urban Guerrilla's shoulder with a knife, causing him to let Yasuho free.
Urban Guerrilla becomes furious over the increasing difficulty of capturing Mamezuku, yelling that he'll grotesquely maim his body once he's caught. He decides on a "killing order", choosing the best way to assassinate the trio based on their skill and powers. As he monologues, Mamezuku attacks Urban Guerrilla again with another knife. Guerrilla hides within Doremifasolati Do's body, with it serving as a shield. However, Mamezuku maneuvers the knife using Doggy Style to go between the gaps of Do's body and stab Urban Guerrilla's thigh before they dive underground.
As Doremifasolati Do chases Josuke and Yasuho underground, Urban Guerrilla secretly escapes and waits in ambush for Mamezuku to appear on the ski lift pole. He catches Mamezuku off guard and states Mamezuku is now the first on Guerrilla's "killing list". Urban Guerrilla sends Brain Storm across the cables and into Mamezuku's body. He states that the Locacaca is something the Rock Humans have known about for an incredibly long time. The Locacaca isn't meant to be used for money or longevity, but to evolve Rock Humans into something else entirely. While Urban Guerrilla talks, Mamezuku uses Doggy Style to fashion a makeshift crossbow to fire a fork into Guerrilla's eye-socket.
Urban Guerrilla curses Mamezuku and turns his attention to Josuke after the latter chases after him. He hides within Doremifasolati Do's body once more and goes on the offensive, sending Brain Storm into Josuke's face. Guerrilla laments that Josuke's body is slowly breaking down, stating he is aware of the fusion between him and Yoshikage Kira. He praises Kira on cultivating the new breed of Locacaca and condemns Tamaki Damo for only seeking it to acquire riches. Josuke ignores him and correctly deduces Urban Guerrilla is a doctor when assuming the role of a normal human. As Guerrilla tries to kill Josuke, he notices Mamezuku's ribbons soaked in fuel. Mamezuku wrings the fuel out into the open hole where Josuke, Urban Guerrilla and Doremifasolati Do currently are underground.
Urban Guerrilla, realizing Josuke's plan urges Doremifasolati Do to dive faster. The fuel covers Doremifasolati Do as Josuke slips the fuel inside the Rock Animal's body via his soap bubbles. As Mamezuku drops a lit lighter into the hole, the fuel ignites and combusts; blowing both Urban Guerrilla and Doremifasolati Do into pieces.
- Urban Guerrilla & Doremifasolati Do vs Josuke Higashikata (JoJolion), Yasuho Hirose & Rai Mamezuku (Death)
- “You bastard...! You sure like to talk, don'cha... maybe I'll leave just your mouth and eyes intact... after I take my time ripping off both arms and legs, you goddamn plant appraiser... that's what I'm gonna do to your body! Hugoaah!”
- “I think I'll start with you, plant appraiser! You'll be my first victim!”
- “It's gonna be a pretty shitty world up ahead. For all of you! On the other hand, for us, it's gonna be a lot of fun! That new Locacaca! To you, those fruits might mean some nice hopeful things like healing diseases, or long life or earning money. And all that's true, but the Locacaca is something we've known about since waaaay back. It's a plant we've been finding and cultivating since a reaaaaal long time ago. In other words, that plant exists for us. The equivalent exchange exists for us. I ain't gonna explain the whole thing, but humans and Locacaca don't have very good compatibility. It's got somethin' ta do with the carbon and stuff in your body's cells and its differences with the qualities of silicon-compound organisms. The illness the eldest sons of the Higashikata Family may be able to be cured with the Locacaca, but we can become even happier. While you guys are in a daze over making money and health, the new Locacaca will bring a whole new world to us! An exciting world where you guys constantly sinkdownward... and we rise to the top will come!”
- “I could sew up and heal a skimpy injury like this myself!! But I'm gonna kill you! I'll rip off your arms and legs, get you three quarters of the way to death, and drag you off with me!”
- “Living organisms exist above rocks and soil. But once you meet your death, you exist below them. You people... when you got careless, you ended up being forever below the rocks... the Rock Humans, that is! Come get me!”
- “I'm a rock, human... I'm above all of you...”
- The kanji in Urban Guerrilla's human alias of Ryo Shimosato can also be read as gerira (下里良, "guerrilla").