Strength (ストレングス（力） Sutorengusu) is the Stand of the orangutan Forever, featured in the third part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Stardust Crusaders.
As a materialized Stand, it possesses the ability to bind itself to a boat and transform it into a massive freighter. Its user is then capable of manipulating the ship at will.
Strength is a Materialized Stand that takes on the appearance of a massive freighter. Being bound to a much smaller boat, it is even visible to non-Stand users. The ship's exterior appears ragged and worn with various derricks & cranes littering its cargo hold and a large gash going across the prow, seemingly mimicking a mouth. It also features the standard, albeit exaggerated anatomy of a cargo ship, including a funnel, masts, accommodations, deck, and anchor. On its side, the phrase BIG DADD (possibly "Big Daddy" obscured) is written, likely the seafaring name of the freighter. The equipment within its bridge is noted to be in good condition, despite it being seemingly abandoned. Strength's interior is shown to have various hallways, a large room with a cage where Forever resides, and a bathroom with functioning showers. The anime drastically simplifies its design, the most notable change being its downsized hull.tarot card, Strength, which symbolizes resilience, compassion, and confidence.
Disguised as a freighter, Strength is an incredibly powerful Stand used to take its enemies by surprise. It almost killed the entirety of the Joestar Group at once.
However, it is burdened by the cockiness of its user, Forever, who likes to brag and thus expose himself to retaliation.
Strength is capable of binding itself to a small boat and transforming it into a gigantic freighter.
While Strength is bound to an object, Forever gets unquestionable psychic control over it. Even objects, such as electrical cords, bolts in the hull, and the very floors and walls themselves are bent and twisted to the beck and call of Forever's will. This power can be used to surprise attack those who board the yacht and also allows Forever to travel through the ship's walls and floor as if they were liquid.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 130: Strength, Part 1
- Chapter 131: Strength, Part 2
- Chapter 132: Strength, Part 3
- Chapter 133: Devil, Part 1
- Chapter 152: Wheel of Fortune, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 179: High Priestess, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 213: D'Arby the Gambler, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- SBR Extra Chapter 3: Untitled Stand Chapter (Mentioned only)
- Strength's concept was inspired by the real-life, infamous ship Mary Celeste, which was found adrift and mysteriously abandoned in the Atlantic Ocean. Strength might have also been inspired by the possessed killer freighter from the 1980 horror movie Death Ship. In the OVA, many shots of Strength's interior and machinery also are similar to the ones seen in the movie.
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.104
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 JOJOVELLER: Araki's Stand Commentaries - Strength
- ↑ Chapter 130: Strength, Part 1, p.12
- ↑ Chapter 130: Strength, Part 1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Chapter 132: Strength, Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 133: Devil, Part 1
- ↑ Chapter 131: Strength, Part 2