Charlotte (シャーロットちゃん Shārotto-chan) is a recurring item introduced in the sixth part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Stone Ocean. She is a puppet based on the appearance of an alligator which is used by the chief of Green Dolphin Street Prison, Loccobarocco, as a means of speaking to others.
Charlotte is portrayed as a seperate personality from Loccobarocco, which allows him to lash out at inmates who interrupt his lectures, while he himself appears seemingly calm.
Charlotte is an alligator hand puppet with dark scaly skin and a light underbelly. She has large round eyes with elliptical, vertical pupils. She also has short arms with claws and a scaly tail.
Charlotte's unique feature is her large bow, which Loccobarocco mentions it means she is a girl.
Charlotte is first seen alongside Loccobarocco while the two of them explain the rules and philosophy of Green Dolphin Street Prison. Charlotte explains the prison's philosophy on personal freedoms and proceeds to ask Loccobarocco about the rules of the prison. During Loccobarocco and Charlotte's conversation, Jolyne tries to ask if earrings are allowed in the prison, and Charlotte proceeds to vulgarly yell at Jolyne to shut up as Loccobarocco hasn't finished his lecture.
Later on, two prisoners working out in the fields are murdered by Foo Fighters. With the guards too busy to search for the missing convicts, Loccobarocco and Charlotte gather the rest of the prisoners together in order to ask for volunteers to help search for them. Charlotte explains that the prisoners disappeared after working at the farm area and theorizes about possible reasons for their disappearance and suggests that they form a search party to find the missing prisoners. After this, a certain inmate brings up the possibility of the prisoners being eaten by an alligator, and perhaps, a female one. Charlotte feigns innocence and Loccobarocco asks who asked that question. Loccobarocco ends up picking Jolyne and 4 other women and sends them on their way.
Chapters / Episodes
- “Helllooo! (よろしくぅYoroshi ku~u)”
- “Here at this prison... We respect your freedoms and equalities, under the very notion of our country! We believe that if our rules were too stringent and ignored your basic human rights, then we might fail at our job of rehabilitating you all and you might turn out even more crooked than when you came in!”
- “In this prison... You're allowed to freely walk around certain designated areas and exercise as you please. We don't mind if you use the phones, showers, or the library either. Some prisoners have the privilege of having a TV in their own room, and some look for jobs or study and enter college.”
- “The Warden is Talking! You shut up!!”
- “This morning... Two prisoners went out to work on the farm and didn't come back! They're missing!”
- “I didn't eat anyone! I'm innocent!”