Super Fly (スーパーフライ Sūpāfurai) is the Stand of Toyohiro Kanedaichi featured in the fourth part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Diamond is Unbreakable.
Bound to a transmission tower, Super Fly acts automatically to trap one person inside of the tower and reflects attacks back to any aggressor.
Super Fly is a Stand automatically bound to a huge transmission tower, standing 38 meters above the ground. Due to its nature, it is visible to normal people and setup to fit Toyohiro's 'self-sufficient dream homestead'.
- Cross Arms - The top cross arm is equipped with a simple bird trap.
- Cage - The cage of Super Fly has solar panels installed, a rainwater storage system and a pulley system with a basket, meant for moving items around the tower. Rabbits and fish are hung from the cage for the sake of preservation.
- Tower Body - The body of the tower is designed to give Toyohiro a comfortable living experience. The living room of the body houses a toilet, television, couch, battery, overhead garden, futon and a waterproof canvas for rainy days. Toyohiro hangs his clothes around the body.
Super Fly is bound to a transmission tower, with the ability to trap its user and others, one person at a time. The tower is practically invulnerable with its ability to reflect damage, and as stated by Toyohiro, would still exist even if he was deceased. While it can't be controlled it can used cleverly, as Toyohiro was fully adept to the environment and took advantage of its damage reflection ability.
Super Fly's defining ability is that it imprisons one occupant inside it. It is mentioned that the energy of the sole prisoner is how it sustains itself.
Toyohiro is the first prisoner of the tower and cannot leave until someone else steps in it. If that happens, the first of the two to exit the tower is free to leave while the other one must stay inside. Leaving the tower only requires not standing inside the structure, thus Toyohiro could hang on the side of Super Fly while Josuke was trapped.
If the victim attempts to escape it, he or she will be covered in steel to restrict their movements. It is possible the victim could be perpetually covered if they do not pull themselves back in time and Toyohiro claims that any would-be escapee will be absorbed into the tower.
Damage ReflectionTo protect itself, Super Fly also absorbs and reflects any damage done to its structure.
If attacked anywhere, be it one of the pillars or a cable belonging to it, the tower absorbs and redirects the energy of the aggression back to the direction it came from. A Stand's punch can be reflected in the form of a metal copy of the Stand bursting out of the damaged zone and retaliating against the aggressor, but generally, the damage is reflected in the form of energy blasts. Any foreign object inserted inside the tower is also violently ejected. Furthermore, if the energy blasts touch the tower again, they simply rebound against it until it hits someone or the energy escapes.
Toyohiro takes advantage of this ability offensively: by damaging the tower at specific angles, he can direct the repelled force toward an enemy as a ricocheted attack. Through this method, he was able to pin Mikitaka Hazekura to a beam by hammering in screws, which were then repelled back out and into Mikitaka, or make scratches on the structure which fired back toward Josuke and hit him after several rebounds.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 398: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 1
- Chapter 399: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 2
- Chapter 400: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 3
- Chapter 401: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 4
- Chapter 402: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 5
- Chapter 403: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 6
- Chapter 412: Cheap Trick, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- DU Episode 31: July 15th (Thursday), Part 1
- DU Episode 32: July 15th (Thursday), Part 2
- DU Episode 39: Goodbye, Morioh - The Golden Heart
- The Book Prologue: Introitus (Mentioned only)
- ↑ Harvest - Vol.17 "Shueisha Jump Remix Diamond is Unbreakable Edition" P106-107 The Origin of STAND! part.4
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.104
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Chapter 399: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Chapter 401: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 4
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Chapter 400: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 3
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Chapter 402: Let's Live on a Transmission Tower, Part 5