Gold Experience Requiem
It's a humanoid Stand resembling an evolved Gold Experience that has the ability to nullify the actions and will of anyone who opposes it. It was created after being pierced by the Stand-creating Arrow.
Gold Experience Requiem is a humanoid Stand of a similar height and build to its user, Giorno. Many of its features resemble the original Gold Experience, including the ladybugs on its hands and the oblong grooves across its body. Its head extends into pointed tips with the back of the head hollow, giving it the appearance of a crown or a flower that's grown up and bloomed. Its eyes have a unique design among Stands, with the 'eyeballs' embedded in cross-like structure within slanted sockets. It has an extended ridge collar on the back of its neck and several indentations and various other patterns covering its body.
When it first appears, it wears the Arrow on its forehead; which eventually falls to the ground.
Gold Experience Requiem possesses a rather mechanical and polite tone, akin to a robot and similar to other Stands capable of speech. It speaks to Diavolo in the erased time normally occupied only by him and his Stand King Crimson, explaining that it can operate independently of Giorno's consciousness.
Gold Experience Requiem is aware of the fact that not even Giorno knows what its ability is, and confidently states that no other Stand ability can ever oppose it. The Stand counters the idea of Diavolo's arbitrarily-chosen "reality", the outcomes of King Crimson's ability, by ominously telling him that he will never reach truth at the hands of its power.
Gold Experience Requiem is a sentient close-range Stand that boasts an incredible increase in both speed and destructive power compared to its original form. It also wields the arcane power of nullifying the will and actions of any opponent, effectively undoing their attacks; a power that trumps even the time erasing power of King Crimson. Unlike Chariot Requiem, which went rampant after its user was incapacitated, Giorno has full control of his Requiem and can use it freely. Even so, he is still unaware of the full extent of its abilities.
Gold Experience Requiem is capable of flicking stones fast enough that it ceases to be visible to the human eye, and has enough power behind it to penetrate through a hand and destroy part of a building. As it has an attack power exceeding all existing Stands before it, it is stated to be the "Ultimate Stand." It is impossible to compare the abilities of Gold Experience Requiem using the same measures as other Stands.
Gold Experience Requiem's ultimate ability is to nullify the actions and willpower of anyone who opposes it, preventing their actions from becoming reality. Once struck by this effect, there is no escape, and the opponent will have every action they've performed reverted regardless of their ability.
Those beaten by Requiem are nullified, even if they're killed: causing them to continuously experience death. This is seen in the case of Diavolo, who is forced to die perpetually after attacking Giorno. Through this ability, Requiem is able to create a new "truth" in which the results of every action Diavolo makes are made useless.
Gold Experience Requiem is immune to the time-accelerating effect of Made in Heaven and Giorno can function at normal speed as long as he has Gold Experience Requiem active.
Despite its transformation, Gold Experience Requiem appears to have not only retained its life-giving abilities but said abilities are noted to be vastly more potent than before. This is demonstrated briefly when Requiem fires a small stone at high-speed with enough power to pierce Diavolo's hand before it transforms into deadly scorpions that attack him.
Chapters / Episodes
- “This is... "Requiem"!! (コレが………『レクイエム』…………ダ！！Kore ga... "Rekuiemu"... da!!)”
- “Yes, what you see is indeed reality. Your ability indeed sees the actions that we will actually perform. However, you will never arrive at the reality that will occur. None who stand before me shall ever do so. No matter what abilities they may wield! This is Gold Experience Requiem!”
- “Not even my master, Giorno Giovanna, knows of this. (コノコトハワタシを親ルジョルノ・ジョバァーナさえも知ルハコトハナイKono koto wa watashi o oyatsu ru Joruno Jobana saemo shiru wa koto wa nai)”
- “You... will not... go anywhere... More precisely, you will never reach the truth! (オマエは………ドコヘモ………向カウコトハナイ………特ニ…「真実」ニ到達スルコトハ………決シテ！……Omae wa... doko e mo... mukau koto wa nai... Toku ni... 'shinjitsu' ni totatsu suru koto wa... kesshite!...)”
- According to an Animation booklet released alongside the Blu-Rays of Golden Wind, Gold Experience Requiem was originally supposed to pose alongside Giorno in the third version of Uragirimono no Requiem, but this was ultimately scrapped from the final version.