Oingo is a tall young man with a muscular build, having dark hair and a long face. His attire consists of a T-shirt bearing a stylized version of his name, over which he wears a jacket, jeans, and a cap with an oversized visor. In the anime, his shirt has a stylized version of his Khnum.
Like all of DIO's servants, Oingo is an evil character, although is a more petty way than most. He is an assassin and thus has no problem trying to murder the heroes. In a lighter way, Oingo is also petty enough to pick on people weaker than himself and when he was frustrated that an assassination attempt went wrong, he punched a random man on the street whose face happened to anger him and happily took his fallen wallet with him.
Oingo has an unshakeable confidence in the combination of his Khnum and Tohth, which allows them to set up assassinations easily. However, during their appearance arc, a stroke of bad luck turned the combination against him. Oingo thus had to face the prospect of being the victim of his own bomb as he was stuck in a car disguised as Jotaro and with Polnareff and Joseph preventing him from reverting his disguise. Oingo arguably showed some level of determination in trying to keep up his disguise while trying to escape, but in the hand he recognized defeat and thought that killing the heroes was impossible.
Oingo has a very close relationship with his brother Boingo and is protective of his shy little brother. Keeping near him constantly, Oingo ironically tells him not to talk to strangers because there are bad men everywhere although they serve DIO. When Boingo decided to take revenge and try to kill the heroes alone, Oingo showed pride in the spiritual growth of his little brother.
- Main article: Khnum
Khnum confers Oingo the ability to remodel his appearance, voice and even smell. This allows him to put on several disguises when trying to assassinate his targets.
Oingo is first shown threatening one comic artist interested in Tohth to stay away from Boingo and then decides with help from Boingo's Stand Tohth to wait four hours for the next bus, as the Stand warns them about an accident with the bus. The brothers then look into Tohth for the next prediction and realize that they were meant to poison the Joestar group's tea. Oingo secretly assaults one of the waiters at a nearby restaurant and takes his place. At the same time, Jean Pierre Polnareff lets a cigarette fall, which points to their restaurant.
Initially, the group decides to order tea, but a suspicious Joseph Joestar decides to order the unopened coke instead. This seems to prevent Oingo from poisoning the drink at first, but an angry customer reacts to the warm coke he was served, causing the Joestar group to order the tea that Oingo successfully poisons.
Right as the group is about to drink their tea, Iggy eats another customer's cake and causes the Joestar group to abandon their tea to take care of Iggy and leave shop, which makes Oingo and Boingo angry. Eventually, following Tohth's prophecy, Oingo punches a nerdy-looking stranger and frightens him into dropping his wallet, giving the two money and temporarily pacifying them for their failure.
Following Tohth's next prediction, Oingo then tries to make Jotaro eat a bomb that looked like an orange. However, Joseph and Polnareff return and Oingo is forced to disguise himself as Jotaro in order to prevent them from attacking him. The disguise backfires and Oingo is dragged into the same car where he placed the bomb.
Oingo initially tries to prevent the bomb by throwing it out of the window, but Iggy fetches the bomb and brings it back into the car. Polnareff then demonstrates a cigarette trick, in which he lets a cigarette fall into his mouth, and calmly breathes out the smoke, and asks "Jotaro" to show him the trick with five cigarettes. Oingo pulls off the trick but fails when he is forced to prove himself by drinking the juice while the cigarettes smolder. The result causes him to spit it out, and his stomach eventually acts up when he becomes paranoid that Joseph and Polnareff are secretly testing him to see if he is really Jotaro. Polnareff decides to race "Jotaro" in eating oranges the fastest but Oingo, realizing the orange that Polnareff picked up was the bomb, stops him from doing so and suggests that since the "orange" was picked up by Iggy, it could have been contaminated in any kind of unsanitary location.
Fed up with having to deal with Joseph and Polnareff, Oingo runs off to the rocks to escape, using a bathroom break as an excuse, and resolves to escape by changing his appearance behind the rocks again. However, Polnareff, considering the truth of "Jotaro"'s statement, throws the disguised bomb out of the car. Oingo then accidentally steps on the bomb, causing it to blow up and split his face in two.
Boingo then arrives and resolves to defeat the Joestar group on his own, causing Oingo to become proud of his younger brother's growth. However, the man they assaulted earlier returns with other thugs, who beat up the two brothers and send them to the hospital. Meanwhile, the real Jotaro returns from visiting the hospital, and, happening to be thirsty, picks out an orange to eat.
Oingo is later mentioned by Hol Horse, who convinces Boingo to help him asking if he doesn't want to avenge his brother. Hol Horse stated Oingo had another month in the hospital due to his injuries from the orange bomb.
Chapters / Episodes
- “My brother's book is not for sale... Just get out of here. [...] Didn't you hear me!? I said get lost!!!”
- “Brother, together we are invincible. With your book that can predict the future and my face Stand...we can beat them all!! Our cards are the god of books, Tohth, and the god of creation, Khnum! We are the Oingo Boingo brothers!!!”
- “Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! It was in their mouths!!! Damn it!!!”
- “We'll get them next time!!! We'll kill them with the next prediction!!!”
- “My Stand Khnum is a transforming Stand! I can alter my height, weight, and scent!”
- “NOOOOOOO!!! [...] N... N... No, I meant, uh... N... Nh... "Did you notice that cow over there?" That's all.”
- “Aggh! I can't hold it anymore! Let me out! Let me out! I'll go behind that rock! You l-look the other way!”
- “I did it! I made it out! I got out of the car! I'm safe! I'll go behind that rock and undo my disguise!”
- “I did it! Now I can use Khnum's powers to change my face back to normal! The Oingo Boingo Brothers have won! Gya ha ha ha ha!”
- “No, Boingo! Don't do it! You can't even talk to anyone without me... They're not ordinary guys... It's impossible!”
- “My shy little brother is going to do it... alone? Sniff... You've grown up, Boingo...”
Oingo and Boingo are reduced to a supporting role in the game, and they don't use their respective Stands at all.
Oingo's own appearance is never featured in game, only illustrations of him by the Stand Tohth (the Gallery Mode).
JoJo's Pitter-Patter Pop! (Android/iOS)
- Due to copyright laws, Oingo and Boingo were renamed Zenyatta and Mondatta respectively in the VIZ translation, after The Police album of the same name. In the anime, however, they are still referred to by their Japanese names on Tohth's cover.
- Their original names were later used in VIZ's English JoJonium release.