Mr.President (ミスター・プレジデント Misutā Purejidento) is the Stand of Coco Jumbo featured in the fifth part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Vento Aureo.
It serves as a safe room for the protagonists during their mission.
Mr.President grants a supernatural ability to Coco Jumbo and, as such, it doesn't have a conventional appearance. It is, however, linked to a unique location accessed with an ornate key embedded within a transparent precious stone.
The room created by Mr.President resembles that of a hotel room, containing several pieces of comfortable furniture, a functioning television set and a refrigerator holding drinks. However, it does not include a bathroom.
Mr.President has no combat ability whatsoever, but its power to have an entire room's space inside a turtle makes it very useful as a mobile hiding spot.
When one places a special key into the depression located on Coco Jumbo's shell, they can access a room "within the turtle". This activation method appears to have been trained.
By simply approaching the hand on the key, one can "sink" inside Coco Jumbo and find themselves in a plain room inside the animal. Inversely, by only raising the arm, the room's occupant can exit the turtle. Removing the key from the shell's depression forcibly ejects the room's occupants.
The transparent jewel on the key allows people to peek from either side of the room's ceiling, although those outside may see them as very small, while those inside will see people many times taller than them. It may indicate that people actually shrink in order to fit inside Coco Jumbo.
The Stand is unable to provide full protection to its occupants from outside attacks, allowing for effects of Stands like The Grateful Dead or Green Day to seep into the room. The room's integrity and balance, however, isn't affected by moving the turtle around.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 486: Express Train to Florence, Part 1
- Chapter 487: Express Train to Florence, Part 2
- Chapter 488: The Grateful Dead, Part 1
- Chapter 489: The Grateful Dead, Part 2
- Chapter 492: The Grateful Dead, Part 5
- Chapter 493: The Grateful Dead, Part 6
- Chapter 496: The Grateful Dead, Part 9
- Chapter 498: The Grateful Dead, Part 11
- Chapter 499: The Grateful Dead, Part 12
- Chapter 500: Baby Face, Part 1
- Chapter 502: Baby Face, Part 3
- Chapter 503: Baby Face, Part 4
- Chapter 511: White Album, Part 3
- Chapter 520: The Mystery of King Crimson, Part 3
- Chapter 551: Pronto! On the Phone, Part 1
- Chapter 552: Pronto! On the Phone, Part 2
- Chapter 553: Destination: Rome! The Colosseum
- Chapter 554: "Green Day" and "Oasis", Part 1
- Chapter 572: The Requiem Quietly Plays, Part 1
- Chapter 594: Sleeping Slaves, Part 5
- GW Episode 14: Express Train to Florence
- GW Episode 15: The Grateful Dead, Part 1
- GW Episode 16: The Grateful Dead, Part 2
- GW Episode 17: Baby Face
- GW Episode 18: Head to Venice!
- GW Episode 19: White Album
- GW Episode 20: The Boss's Last Orders
- GW Episode 21: The Mystery of King Crimson
- GW Episode 21.5: determinazione
- GW Episode 22: The "G" in Guts
- GW Episode 24: Notorious B.I.G
- GW Episode 25: Spice Girl
- GW Episode 28.5: destino
- GW Episode 29: Destination: Rome! The Colosseum
- GW Episode 30: Green Day and Oasis, Part 1
- GW Episode 34: The Requiem Quietly Plays, Part 1
- GW Episode 39: Sleeping Slaves
- The special key required for the Stand came from how the pattern on a turtle shell looks like a jigsaw puzzle, and Araki had the idea of slotting a special, fancy-looking key in there.
- Its Stand page mentions that no one named it or its host, simply being referred to as "Turtle Stand" (カメのスタンド Kame no Sutando). The Stand was tentatively named "T-Rex" (T-レックス Tī-rekkusu) by Araki in an interview. The Stand was later given the name "Mr.President" in JOJO A-GO!GO!.
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.104
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chapter 487: Express Train to Florence, Part 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Chapter 486: Express Train to Florence, Part 1
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: STANDS, p.136
- ↑ Chapter 503: Baby Face, Part 4
- ↑ Chapter 502: Baby Face, Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 488: The Grateful Dead, Part 1
- ↑ Chapter 553: Destination: Rome! The Colosseum
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: Araki's Stand Commentaries - Mr.President
- ↑ Chapter 565: "Green Day" and "Oasis", Part 12, tailpiece
- ↑ Feelin' JOJO (February 1998)
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.100