Being a loyal assassin for DIO and the User of the Stand Geb, he is the first of the Egypt 9 Glory Gods the Joestar Group encounters upon entering Egypt and tries to kill them in the middle of the Sahara.
N'Doul is a man of athletic build and medium height, keeping unkempt dark hair and whose blank eyes are always near shut due to his blindness. He wears a simple T-shirt over which he keeps a stripped overshirt and a drape to protect himself from the sun. N'Doul also wears armbands and simple trousers and shoes. He wears a headband and two hoop earrings.
Calling himself "the great N'Doul", he is confident in his ability and didn't hesitate to take on the whole Joestar Group during his encounter with them. Even when cornered by Jotaro, N'Doul simply puts everything in a death-or-glory attack instead of begging like others usually do. He also shows hints of an honourable mindset by revealing some key information to Jotaro as a prize for defeating him. However, N'Doul can also be slightly overconfident and was almost lured in the open by Avdol, a move which N'Doul praised despite being enemies with Avdol.
N'Doul has mentioned that he's had his Geb since youth and never feared anything thanks to its power. During his fight, N'Doul has shown to be very attentive of his enemy's movement and carefully analyzed their every move.
Despite his pride, N'Doul mentions that he only wanted to live after meeting DIO. Charmed by DIO's aspects, N'Doul became fiercely loyal to the Vampire, even going as far as killing himself with his own Stand after his defeat, to ensure he would not reveal any of DIO's secrets to the protagonists.
N'Doul is aware that DIO and him are evil people, yet he relishes in his evilness.
- Main article: Geb
Geb is a long-range Stand made of water N'Doul can remotely control and shape into anything to attack his foes from afar, notably as a sharp water stream able to slice flesh.
N'Doul is blind, but has phenomenally sharp hearing. He is able to determine the position of a fly simply by listening to it fly or hear faint sounds such as grains of sand bouncing against an obstacle hundreds of meters away from him. Using his cane, N'Doul can feel vibrations coming through the sand even kilometers away from his position, memorize's multiple people's whereabouts or identify someone by analyzing the sound of their footsteps.
N'Doul was a blind man who, thanks to his Stand, never feared anything in his entire life, not even death. It allowed him to do anything he wanted and get away with it without consequences, as even the police wouldn't find out about his crimes, although no one ever saw his true value. One day, he encountered DIO and was charmed by his charisma, DIO being the only person to see his true value. N'Doul started to admire that man so much he saw him as his savior, later claiming that "even evil needs a savior".
N'Doul is introduced shortly after Iggy joins the Joestar Group as he spies on them from a nearby hill. After the group take supplies from a Speedwagon Foundation envoy, N'Doul attacks their helicopter offscreen and causes it to crash. He drowns one of the pilots and hides Geb in a canteen, having himself settled nearly four kilometers away. When the Joestar Group sees the helicopter and investigate it, they find the other pilot and give him the canteen, thinking he's thirsty. Geb then jumps out and decapitates the pilot. He attacks the Joestar group soon after, hiding in the sand. He takes Kakyoin by surprise and slashes his eyes. Kakyoin is taken out but Polnareff thankfully avoids being attacked as N'Doul is distracted by a ringing wristwatch and attacks it, allowing the heroes to know how he detects them.
Polnareff takes Kakyoin and tries to run to the safety of the group's car, with Geb sliding behind him. Geb only manages to cut Polnareff's leg but the Frenchman still reaches the car. However, N'Doul makes the car sink in the sand. Noticing that Iggy's nose allowed him to jump out of the car before the attack, N'Doul contemplates attacking the dog but decides otherwise when he sees that Iggy is indifferent to the group's fate. The heroes are stuck on the sand. Avdol tries to trick N'Doul into attacking an empty spot by throwing his bracelets in the sand. However, N'Doul sees through the trick at the last moment and manages to take out Avdol, only receiving a burn on the arm in return. To distract N'Doul, Jotaro runs toward Iggy to force him to participate in the fight. While Iggy tries to flee by creating a sand glider, Jotaro easily catches the glider and disappears from N'Doul's radar.
Midair, Jotaro has an easier time scanning the horizon but he's soon forced to take a single step to give The Fool more altitude. It tips N'Doul on Jotaro's current plan but Jotaro eventually sees N'Doul too. By blowing sand in the air, N'Doul is able to hear the grains hit the glider and he thus starts harrassing Jotaro and Iggy. Fearing for his life, the dog tries to go down and leave Jotaro at Geb's mercy but Jotaro then uses Star Platinum to throw Iggy and The Fool at N'Doul, catching him off-guard. N'Doul is forced to recall Geb to his side to protect himself and is also distracted by the dog and loses track of Jotaro. It is there that Jotaro gets to N'Doul in the commotion and defeats him. After being defeated, N'Doul killed himself to prevent his memories from being read by Hermit Purple, likely knowing that his own savior would kill him otherwise. Afterwards, in his dying breaths, he tells Jotaro of the other nine Stand users and of himself. Seeing his valor, Jotaro buries N'Doul's body in the desert.
Chapters / Episodes
N'Doul appears in this game as a boss that the players face. The first few times, the player must select the "Idea!" option to retreat.
Unlike in the source material, N'Doul does not temporarily blind Kakyoin.
N'Doul was originally planned as a playable character in this game, as drafts exist that show how he would have fought, along with an Alessi form, and when hacking the game to choose N'Doul as a player character, he has several assets pertaining to this, such as an alternate color, animated life bar portraits, animated super move and VS screen portraits and a cut-in for the "Here Comes A New Challenger!" screen.
Ultimately he was rendered an unplayable mini-boss, where the player had to cross a desert stage dodging his Stand until they find him at the end of the stage and attack him, one hit causing an instant K.O. This special stage must be played as Jotaro in Super Story and can be played with any of the main heroes in Oingo & Boingo's Gallery Mode.
N'Doul makes his first playable appearance in Eyes of Heaven. He was confirmed for the game alongside Iggy, Old Joseph and Dio Brando (Part 1).
N'Doul is of the Stand User Style, but more specifically is he a Mode User. The player can switch control between N'Doul and Geb to alter the character's abilities, with Stand Mode being the more powerful.
As N'Doul is blind, he cannot lock onto opponents. He also doesn't possess any particularly powerful combo attacks, and his Normal attack combo involves the use of his cane for a 2-hit melee attack that downs the opponent in order to give him some time to create distance. He cannot move faster than a slow walk, and does not have any air attacks to boost jumping distance, making platforming difficult. N'Doul does not possess any sort of dash, limiting his already-slow mobility, but can expend stamina to dodge forward like all other characters. In place of a dash, N'Doul sends Geb forward in the direction he's facing, up to four times. Doing this will allow skills to be performed wherever Geb is.
- Style Action - Sitting Mode/Standing Mode: Control is switched between N'Doul and Geb. Geb has above-average mobility and jump height, can lock on, and deals the majority of N'Doul's damage. If Geb is attacked while under the player's control, N'Doul himself doesn't take any damage since Geb does not possess a solid form, rendering attacks dealt to the Stand futile. However, the use of Geb leaves N'Doul near defenseless if it is not nearby to defend his sitting body. When controlling Geb, the color of the player's screen converts to a deep, blurry blue, with the other combatants colored in pink unless they stop moving; even their footprints can be seen for a few seconds. This style of view is similar to N'Doul's visualized sonar ability seen in the anime. Performing any skills in Standing Mode with automatically place N'Doul in Sitting Mode; every single one of his skills is performed by Geb. N'Doul's stamina gauge slowly depletes while in Sitting Mode, automatically canceling control over the Stand if it empties. If an opponent gets within a certain distance of N'Doul while Sitting Mode, a panel showing his panicked face appears to warn the player.
- Not another step closer...: Geb bursts upward into a pillar, sending opponents flying. If locked on, the Stand will instantly appear at the target's feet, regardless of distance, otherwise reappearing close to N'Doul in order to defend him. Afterwards, water will temporarily rain in a radius around the area the skill was performed, automatically highlighting any opponents, even if they are standing still.
- No need to hold back!: Geb extends and frantically whips itself around over a wide area, dealing 8 hits to opponents in range and sending them flying on the final hit. The initiating button can be held to tack on 2 more hits.
- I need to pull back!: N'Doul calls Geb back and surrounds himself with water at his feet. Any opponent that gets close will automatically be attacked by Geb, and the Stand will protect him from projectiles. Additional attacks may be inputted to allow Geb to continue from its automatic attack.
- EX - No need to hold back!: The skill deals more damage and adds one more hit. Its range is increased as well.
- EX - Not another step closer...: The skill activates quicker.
- Dual Heat Attack - Shoot him!: Geb grabs the opponent and smashes them into the ground, before rapidly assaulting them from beneath the surface and launching them high up into the air. After a close-up of a smiling N'Doul, Geb makes its way to the opponent's landing spot and become a massive spike, completely skewering its target.
- He drowned to death!: N'Doul must break 2 health gauges. (200 Points)
- I know both your position and your height!: N'Doul must connect "Not another step closer..." 3 times. (200 Points)
- Heh heh heh... One more attack!: N'Doul must perform a Dual Combo Finish. (300 Points)
- The water's attacking us!!: N'Doul must achieve a collective hit count of 100. (500 Points)
- Shoot him!: N'Doul must Retire an opponent with a Dual Heat Attack. (800 Points)
JoJo's Pitter-Patter Pop! (Android/iOS)
- N'Doul's character is based on the Zatoichi movies' eponymous character.
- N'Doul's Outfit Design might be referenced from Antonio Lopez's Tales from the 1001 Nights.
- N'Doul's Geb - Vol.6 "Shueisha Jump Remix Stardust Crusaders Edition" P132 The Secret of JOJO Characters
- Chapter 184: "The Fool" Iggy and "Geb" N'Doul, Part 2 He is defeated 2 weeks before Holy would die from her disease (17th January)
- Yuji Kishi "CODE RED" Official Website - Biography of YUJI KISHI
- Artbook: JOJOVELLER