It manifests as a colony of small bee-like imps that Shigechi typically uses to collect items, but can overwhelm anyone due to sheer numbers.
Harvest is one of the few Colony Stands, composed of about 500 small units that may act individually.
"Harvest" takes the form of small, oval-shaped, insect-like creatures with four articulate arms and two legs; three fingers on their hands; with large appendages at their posteriors, resembling a bee's abdomen.
Their entire bodies are patterned by stark, even horizontal stripes alternating between black and a light color. Their faces act as pockets behind which they store whatever they carry. They have a hole on their foreheads that can produce a needle to inject liquids. Their eyes are semicircular, in line with blocky noses.
Harvest is yellow with purple stripes in most media featuring it.
Harvest speaks in a high pitch of limited phrases, including "Found it!" and the laugh "Hee hee!" autonomously. Their user can speak through them with complete sentences, however.
Harvest is a long range colony Stand one can underestimate because of its and Shigechi's innocuous appearance, its basic power, and the petty way in which it is used to gather lost coins and other knickknacks across Morioh.
However, the number of units coupled with their ability to still punch into the flesh means that Harvest can easily overwhelm even Josuke and Okuyasu, and Shigechi is imaginative in the way he uses his Stand, making the Stand a force to be reckoned with in battle.
Harvest possesses the following basic characteristics:
- Persistence: Each of Harvest's 500 units can be destroyed with ease, but with little to no effect on Shigechi himself, as the damage is divided by 500. It makes him more resilient than average in a fight.
- Strength in Numbers: An individual unit of Harvest is fairly weak, although its fists have enough power to punch a correspondingly small hole through human flesh. In combat, Harvest will swarm someone and attack weak points like the eye; Shigekiyo having also threatened to sever Kira's carotid on one occasion. In addition, Harvest's units are quite fast, able to outpace an athletic runner. Working together, the units can carry Shigekiyo faster than a man can run and even scale the side of a building like a tank thread.
In addition, Harvest possesses the following abilities:
Harvest has an extremely large range, with its units being able to move through the entirety of Morioh without any issue. Shigechi can command Harvest to sweep Morioh and collect a particular type of item light enough for Harvest to carry it then bring it back to Shigekiyo; the child typically gathers small coins but on Josuke's advice takes on harvesting store coupons which can bring more money.
Each individual Harvest possesses a needle with which Shigechi can inject any liquid directly into his opponents' bloodstream, at one point intoxicating Josuke and Okuyasu by injecting alcohol inside them and crippling their fighting ability.
Chapters / Episodes
- Harvest is one of the only Stands computer-generated in the TV anime adaptation of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure due to its sheer quantity. The graphical models were provided by CyberConnect2.
- Heaven's Door - Vol.16 "Shueisha Jump Remix Diamond is Unbreakable Edition P90 The origin of STANDS! Part 3
- Chapter 341: "Shigechi's" Harvest, Part 7
- Artbook: JOJOVELLER: STANDS - Comments from Hirohiko Araki
- Chapter 335, Shigechi's Harvest (1)
- Chapter 339, Shigechi's Harvest (5)
- Chapter 340, Shigechi's Harvest (6)
- Chapter 345, Yoshikage Kira Wants to Live Quietly (4)
- Chapter 336, Shigechi's Harvest (2)
- Chapter 346, Yoshikage Kira Wants to Live Quietly (5)