NYPD Blue (NYPDブルー Enu Wai Pī Dī Burū) is the Stand of Fukashigi Nijimura, featured in the light novel JORGE JOESTAR. It takes on the appearance of a human police officer and is actually sentient. It has the ability to remotely look at all police records, record and broadcast what it sees, and use a gun.
NYPD Blue appears as a balding chubby middle-aged man wearing an unbuttoned suit and a tie. He has a light mustache and stubble. His shirt has "I ❤ N. Y." imprinted on it in large, bold text. Aside from his eyes which have multiple vertical lines instead of irises, the Stand looks like an ordinary human.
NYPD Blue is a Sentient Stand described by Jorge Joestar as a good police officer with a foul mouth and an abrasive personality. The Stand acts like a stereotypical New Yorker. He doesn't realize he's a Stand and instead thinks he's a New York cop, convinced that Fukashigi brought him over to Japan from America. He's always in a bad mood and constantly insults everyone, including Fukashigi.
Despite his abrasiveness, NYPD Blue still listens to Fukashigi's orders. He can be mature and brave when the situation calls for it, acting as an experienced police officer and giving advice to Fukashigi to grow up.
NYPD Blue has the knowledge and skills of a police officer. He has average offensive strength comparable to a human cop and his range is limited to how far a bullet from his revolver can travel.
NYPD Blue can use a Colt Python revolver loaded with .357 magnums stored in his side holster. According to him, it can blow its victim's head off. Jorge mentions that the gun is huge and looks extremely realistic. It performs the same as a real gun.
The Stand can search through the data and records of all police organizations in any country, such as the Interpol, the Carabinieri, the CIA, and the FBI. He uses this ability to discover the identities of Dolcio Cioccolata and Secco Rottario and learn of their previous crimes. He can print out copies of the police records onto pieces of paper which shoot out from the gap of his shirt.
NYPD Blue can record whatever he sees and broadcast the footage live to any police organization throughout the world. He streams the activities of Cioccolata and Secco to the Interpol, the Carabinieri, the CIA, and the FBI.
Although he is reluctant to do so, NYPD Blue is knowledgeable in performing autopsy procedures.
- “That's funny to you, is it, scumbag?”
- “This bad boy is a Colt Python. It's loaded with .357 magnums. It's from the first production run they ever did; it's damn close to being a work of art. This fucker hits you it'll blow the back of your head clean off. If it hits you. Even the best gun has an effective range, kid. Bullets don't fly forever. They slow down, their arc changes, then they turn into a bit of lead and land somewhere. That's how bullets work. Even if I had a fucking sniper rifle I couldn't hit them at this range. Even if I could, there's a barrier between us. Probably two.”
- “Heh, I know perfectly well that didn't reach them. That was a wake up call, you little shits. We got no time to stand around gawking. Wake up, you punk motherfuckers! What now? If I was in charge here, I'd say we retreat and regroup. (へ、もちろん今の銃弾があっちに届くと思っちゃいねえよ。これはウェイクアップコールだよガキども。ボケッと眺めてる場合じゃねえぞパンクマザーファッカーズ起きろ！どうすんだ？俺が司令官なら、まずは一旦引くけどなHe, mochiron ima no jūdan ga acchi ni todoku to omocchainēyo. Kore wa dayo gakidomo. Boketu to nagameteru bāi janēzo panku mazāfakkāzu okiro! Dō sunda? Ore ga shireikannara, mazuha ittan hikukedona)”
- “Look, you order me to go into the mafia HQ alone, I ain't the type to back down. Like I said, up to you.”
- “Tch, you're just a punk kid. You talk big, but talk is cheap. You gotta grow up. Match your build. Pathetic.”
- “I told you that, too. Sit tight and wait. Diving empty handed into a war you can't win ain't what a man does. It's what a fool who can't stand embarrassment does. For a man to sacrifice himself, he needs a better reason than shame. You gotta grin and bear it, keep your mind flexible, and wait for your moment.”
- “This is a murder investigation! No damn way I'm leaving it up to some amateur!”
- “Now look here, buddy. I'm just a regular police officer, I ain't up for no CSI shit.”