Graduating from Yoyogi Animation Academy, Komino was an animator previously affiliated with Studio Satelight before leaving due to distrust with the production staff. After working years of freelance, he is currently the founder and president of Studio Lunch BOX as of March 2017.
Komino gained popularity after being publicized as the chief animation director for Engage Planet Kiss Dum and participating in the Gibiate Project, but has attracted much attention in recent years for his work on Stardust Crusaders and the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise in general.
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation
- Animation Director (eps 8, 13, 20)
- 2nd Key Animation (ep 26)
- Design Cooperation (eps 18-19, 23-26)
- Key Animation (eps 9, 11, 13, 25)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
- Character Design
- Chief Animation Director
- Animation Director (eps 1, 35, 46, 48)
- Animation Director Cooperation (eps 33, 37, 45, 47)
- Assistant Animation Director (eps 38-39)
- Ending Animation Animation Director (ED 1&2)
- Second Season Preview Storyboard (ep 24)
- Key Animation (eps 1, 24, 39)
- 2nd Key Animation (eps 2, 6-8, 10-12, 14, 16-17, 19, 21, 25, 32, 35, 38, 42, 47, 48)
- Eyecatch Illustration (eps 1-5, 21, 45-47)
- In-Between Animation (eps 32, 35, 47-48)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
- Animation Director (ep 36)
- Key Animation (ep 36)
- Stardust Crusaders is the first anime Komino was officially credited for character design. He had rejected the role several times in the past, but jumped at the notion of designing Part 3 having been a fan of the series since childhood.
- The character he had the most trouble designing was Daniel J. D'Arby, while Jean Pierre Polnareff was the easiest. His favorite character to draw is Jotaro Kujo.