Mick Lauer, also known by his Internet pseudonym RicePirate, is an American voice actor working primarily out of Los Angeles, California. He is notable for voicing the character Leone Abbacchio in the TV anime adaptation of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, specifically its fourth season, Golden Wind.
Born in Woodinville, Washington, Lauer moved to Taiwan at the age of 9 and spent several years in various Asian countries before settling back in his hometown in the United States. Later in life, he would graduate from New York University Tisch School of the Arts and receive voice acting and performance training from various production companies and theaters.
Lauer is an animator, voice actor, and Internet Personality, most known for his voice work and parody animations on Newgrounds and Youtube, particularly on his channel RicePirate. He is a member of the media website and studio, SleepyCabin, and in recent years has been working on "Blood Sun Vendetta", a fan-made motion-comic of his based on the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series.
Lauer is currently a resident of Los Angeles, California pursuing a career in voice acting. He has done voice work on other video game and animated series like A Hat in Time, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Lego City Adventures, and Sword Art Online: Alicization.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Roles
- Lauer has been a fan of the series since the early '90s having read it in Chinese during his childhood in Taipei.
- Lauer's favorite JoJo is currently Joseph Joestar, though Jotaro Kujo was also a long-time favorite of his.
- When asked what character he believes would be fun to voice in the English dub of Stone Ocean's anime adaptation, Mick responded that he believes Sports Maxx would be very enjoyable to play.
- However, Sports Maxx in the end was voiced by Kane Jungbluth-Murry in the English dub of Stone Ocean.
- Lauer is friends with Joshua Tomar, the English voice of Khan. They met during the peak of the early Newgrounds era and both frequented their friend and fellow Newgrounds user, Chris O'Neill's YouTube channel, OneyPlays, a popular comedy let's-play channel, before there was a falling out between Lauer and O'Neill.
- Kira Buckland and Joshua Tomar, who both have done work on the official JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime, also voice characters in Blood Sun Vendetta.