Kira Buckland is an American voice actress and cosplayer. She is credited for her work as the voice actor for the character Jolyne Cujoh in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean's English dub. Prior to that, she also voiced Reimi Sugimoto in Diamond is Unbreakable's dub, as well as a few minor characters in Stardust Crusaders, Diamond is Unbreakable, and Golden Wind.
She is also known for her other dubbing roles in anime and video games such as 2B in Nier: Automata, Edna in Tales of Zestiria, Falke in Street Fighter V, Mitsuri Kanroji in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Hiyoko Saionji and Kirumi Tojo in the Danganronpa series, Zushi in Hunter × Hunter, Beatrice in Re:Zero, Izuko Kamiki in Blue Exorcist, Mary Saotome in Kakegurui, and Honoka in the Dead or Alive series.
Kira Buckland was born in Anchorage, Alaska on July 16, 1987. She originally wanted to be a singer after finding her passion for performing in middle school. However, she learned about voice actors after getting into Japanese animation and video games at age sixteen. She started participating in various online communities and Flash animations that required voices. Soon Buckland founded the Voice Acting Club which is currently an active online community. She became president of the anime club at University of Alaska Anchorage and founded the first anime convention in Alaska, Senshi-Con.
Buckland began voice acting professionally after studying with an acting coach and winning a contest hosted by Bang Zoom! Entertainment in 2007. She eventually moved to southern California in 2011 where she landed several big roles in anime and video games.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Buckland's favorite manga and anime series is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, having read it since 2013.
She has had a Star Birthmark tattoo since 2014, and cosplayed as various characters from the series including Jolyne, Reimi, and Irene. She also got her navel pierced for her Jolyne cosplay.
Buckland often runs JoJo panels at anime conventions. She revealed that her favorite JoJos are Jolyne Cujoh and Giorno Giovanna, her favorite villains are Yoshikage Kira and Diavolo, her favorite character from La Squadra Esecuzioni is Melone, her favorite non-Stand user is Reimi Sugimoto, and her favorite Stand is Killer Queen. As of 2019, Great Days was her favorite opening. As of 2022, it is Heaven's falling down.
On December 1, 2021, Buckland officially announced her role as the voice of Jolyne Cujoh in the anime adaptation of Stone Ocean during its premiere on Netflix. It had been her dream to voice Jolyne for eight years.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Roles
(SC Episode 2)
|Diamond is Unbreakable||Anime||2019|
|Diamond is Unbreakable
(DU Episode 35)
(GW Episode 29)
|1||Kira Buckland (December 2021)||
|December 16, 2021|
- Buckland is a fan of 70s and 80s rock music, especially David Bowie. JoJo inspired a lot of her taste in music due to the numerous references in the series.
- When asked if she were to hypothetically have a Stand, what would its name and ability be, Buckland has stated that she would name it "Insomniac" (after the Green Day album of the same name) and that the ability would be to turn any liquid substance into hot coffee.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Kira Buckland Biography
- ↑ Senshi-Con article (archived)
- ↑ @KiraBuckland on Twitter: "Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure is literally my favorite series of all time, I’ve read the manga, and I’ve had a tattoo of the Joestar birthmark since 2013. I don’t follow a lot of anime anymore, but this is my #1."
- ↑ @KiraBuckland on Twitter: "Tattoo acquired! :D"
- ↑ @KiraBuckland on Twitter: "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I got my navel pierced for this costume too. Between that and the tattoo I guess you could say I’m a pretty dedicated JoJo 😂💪 I’m not even sure why I gravitated towards her character so much. I just fell in love with the manga & the rest was history"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Woolie - "Let's Talk JoJo"
- ↑ @KiraBuckland on Twitter: "I’m calling it now. Heaven’s Falling Down is my favorite Jojo opening theme. (Great Days is still a close second)"
- ↑ @KiraBuckland on Twitter: "For the past 8 years, I have hoped that this moment would one day come. I can't believe I'm saying this, but... It is the biggest honor of my life to be the English voice of JOLYNE CUJOH in JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE: STONE OCEAN. My dream has finally come true."
- ↑ Yong Yea meets Kira Buckland
- ↑ AniMonday Interview
- ↑ https://youtu.be/ne3dfIT2ukc?t=5197