Diamond is Unbreakable - Episode 35
The heroes are steadily closing in on Kira, having discovered that the young Hayato Kawajiri's suspicion towards his "father". Kira is seemingly out of option but it is at this moment that the Arrow strikes him.
The heroes have accidentally uncovered a clue that could mean that Kira was disguising as Kosaku Kawajiri and Yoshihiro flies to the Kawajiri's to warn his son. Meanwhile, Yoshikage has succumbed to his anger and has killed Hayato. Having barely managed to hide the corpse from Shinobu, Kira then learns that Rohan and the others now have him as one of their suspects. Under such desperate circumstances, Yoshihiro suggests to leave Morioh but Yoshikage vehemently refuses to become a fugitive and lose all hope of a peaceful life. Yoshikage is suddenly impaled by Yoshihiro's Arrow, giving Killer Queen a new ability.
The next morning, Hayato appears alive and well, as if nothing had happened to him the previous night. Shinobu prepares breakfast for him and Kira appears, having made himself a new haircut. More worryingly, Kira has a cheerful and confident attitude contradicting his supposed predicament. When Shinobu accidentally breaks her teapot and gets angry that Hayato hasn't answered the phone, Kira acts the part of a good father and kisses Shinobu on the cheek, frustrating Hayato. When the two go out, Kira openly confesses that thanks to a new ability, he will keep his peaceful life posing as his father forever.
After Kira leaves, Hayato comes across Rohan, who uses Heaven's Door to read his memories. After reading several pages predicting occurrences moments before they happen, Rohan comes across a page revealing Kira's identity. It is at this moment, however, that the third bomb that Kira had implanted in Hayato automatically triggers. Bites the Dust, which is set to kill anyone who learns about Kira's identity through Hayato, allows a miniature Killer Queen to infiltrate Rohan's eye. Killer Queen then makes Rohan explodes in front of him, and Hayato then suddenly finds himself back at his home having breakfast. He thus realizes that time has rewinded. Kira, noticing Hayato's worried look, gloats as one of his enemies must have died.
Kwon Hyun Ae
Jeong Min Jeong
Yang Hyo Jung
Ryou Sun Young
KWON HYUN AE
JEONG MIN JEONG
YANG HYO JUNG
RYOU SUN YOUNG
CL Corporation Koenji
- Added Yoshihiro spying on Reimi, Rohan, and Koichi before going to the Kawajiri house.
- Added Koichi going to Josuke's house to tell him about Hayato and that they're planning to meet Rohan at the Kawajiri house at 8:30 A.M on the next day. Josuke says he'll bring Okuyasu and Koichi says he'll bring Jotaro.
- Removed Kira's fingernails saying "victory" on them in blood after he bit them.
- Added Kira combing his hair back after getting pierced by the arrow which gave him the new hairstyle.
- Added a commercial of Morioh's very own Miso-stewed cow tongue before showing the news on Hayato's TV.
- Removed Yoshihiro mentioning that rather than Kira being nonchalant, it's more like he's on a high from his extreme confidence in Killer Queen's new ability.
- Removed the montage of characters/scenes that Rohan thinks about (Jotaro, Koichi, Josuke, Joseph, Reimi, Aya, and Shigechi) when he finally discovers that Kira became Hayato's father.
In other languages
|Japanese||アナザーワン バイツァ・ダスト その1||Another One Bites the Dust, Part 1|
|English||Bites the Dust, Part 1|
|Spanish||Bites the Dust - Primera Parte||Bites the Dust - Part 1|
|Portuguese||Another One Bites the Dust - Parte 1||Another One Bites the Dust - Part 1|
|French||Another One Bites the Dust, Partie 1||Another One Bites the Dust, Part 1|
|German||Bites the Dust – Teil 1||Bites the Dust - Part 1|
|Arabic||بايتسا داستو، الجزء 1||Bites the Dust, Part 1|
|Italian||Bites the Dust, Parte 1||Bites the Dust, Part 1|
The purpose of this episode was to create a feeling of desperation in the viewers by seeing Hayato trapped inside a time loop after Rohan dies. Toshiyuki Kato’s directing is admirable. Just by repeating the same day-to-day scenes and adding subtle modifications, we realize how terrible Bites the Dust can be.We also paid a great deal of attention to how Rohan exploded. The directing required emotional impact in the instances directly preceding and succeeding the explosion. By insisting too much on the explosion itself, the audience wouldn’t feel the despair and fear. Thus, we focused on Rohan’s pain, so that the audience would feel empathy. During the editing of the episode we even lengthened this particular section.