Lotus Juice is a Japanese musician and one of the pioneers in rap for official Japanese anime and video game music. He is well known for performing in various tracks of the Persona series.
Kenji Nakamura was born in Tokyo, Japan. At the age of eight, he moved to the United States with his family. He was raised in New Jersey and New York. After graduating from high school in the US, he moved back to Japan for university.
Nakamura had already been into music since he was young because his dad loved bluegrass music and played the banjo. When he was fourteen, he bought his first hip-hop album, Midnight Marauders by A Tribe Called Quest. From then on, he got into hip-hop music and would blast songs while at his friend's house or when playing basketball.
Around 2006, Shoji Meguro found somebody who then found Lotus Juice. Lotus Juice had a friend in the industry who called him and mentioned that Meguro was looking for a rap artist who could do game music. Lotus Juice was sent "Burn My Dread -Last Battle-" as a sample track and thought it was amazing, so the two began working together for Persona 3's soundtrack. They got very good feedback from fans, and the original soundtrack sold a lot of copies.
He has been traveling around the world to various countries such as Argentina, Mexico, and USA, performing at anime and game conventions in front of his international fans. His unique flow caught attention from Taku Iwasaki, and their collaboration has gained substantial recognition.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
In 2012, he was contacted by Taku Iwasaki to work with him for two songs in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Animation. Lotus Juice was very careful about the lyrics of Overdrive and tried to incorporate JoJo quotes into it. As for Oh please..., he managed to write all of the lyrics in thirty minutes due to his love for the series.
If he could have a Stand, he would love to have Jotaro Kujo's Star Platinum because he thinks it's the coolest and would let him stop time. He would also love if Araki named a Stand after him and thought of sending Araki his album, but as of 2013, he hasn't yet.
In 2020, Lotus Juice was the host of Warner Bros. Japan's "Stay Connected with Anime" live stream, which included a program dedicated to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind. He was thrilled to see Yugo Kanno perform il vento d'oro live.
|Cover||Album / Single Name||Artist||Use||Release Date|
|1||Battle Tendency [Musik]
(Oh please... and Overdrive)
|Taku Iwasaki / Lotus Juice||Battle Tendency||March 29, 2013|
- Only A Test - May 17, 2006
- PERSONA 3 Original Soundtrack - July 19, 2006
- PERSONA 3 FES ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - May 2, 2007
- PERSONA -trinity soul- ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - July 2, 2008
- Soul Eater Original Soundtrack 1 - August 27, 2008
- Soul Eater Original Soundtrack 2 - March 18, 2009
- Kuroshitsuji Sound Complete Black Box - August 26, 2009
- PERSONA 3 PORTABLE Original Soundtrack - November 25, 2009
- Katanagatari Original Soundtrack Vol.1 - June 23, 2010
- Katanagatari Original Soundtrack Vol.2 - December 22, 2010
- PERSONA 2 INNOCENT SIN. ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK - April 27, 2011
- Persona 4 the ANIMATION Special Soundtrack - January 25, 2012
- CARPE DIEM - April 10, 2012
- JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE O.S.T Battle Tendency [Musik] - March 29, 2013
- NORAGAMI Original Soundtrack - February 19, 2014
- PERSONA Q SHADOW OF THE LABYRINTH ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - July 16, 2014
- MAGIC KAITO KID Original Soundtrack - April 22, 2015
- BUNGO STRAY DOGS Original Soundtrack - June 29, 2016
- Catch Me If You Can - July 7, 2016
- More Juice - October 17, 2017
- NATSU NO NANICA - August 17, 2018
- City Hunter the Movie: Shinjuku PRIVATE EYES ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - February 6, 2019
- PERSONA 5 ROYAL THE SOUNDTRACK - March 31, 2020