Sanbe was born in the city of Tomakomai in the Iburi Subprefecture of Hokkaido, Japan. After graduating from high school, he moved to Tokyo to study background art production at the Tokyo Designer Gakuin vocational college. Sanbe cites Lupin the Third's The Castle of Cagliostro as the driving force behind his enrollment and overall interest in drawing background art.
During his time in school, Sanbe came across a job listing in Weekly Shonen Jump from Hirohiko Araki, requesting for new assistants. While not particularly a fan of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, its variety of backgrounds and foreign settings enticed him to submit an application. After applying twice, Sanbe was accepted into Araki's team around the time of Battle Tendency's serialization and was eventually promoted to chief assistant. He would go on to work for Araki for a total of eight years before leaving halfway through Vento Aureo to pursue his own career as a manga artist.
- Black Road (ブラックロッド) (1997)
- Nanako-san Teki na Nichijō (菜々子さん的な日常) (2000-2002)
- Testarotho (テスタロト Tesutaroto) (2001-2002)
- Kamiyadori (カミヤドリ) (2004-2006)
- Puzzle (パズル) (2007)
- Nanako-san Teki na Nichijō Re (菜々子さん的な日常RE) (2008)
- Hohzuki Island (鬼燈の島 Hōzuki no shima) (2008-2009)
- Kamiyadori no Nagi (神宿りのナギ) (2008-2010)
- Mōryō no Yurikago (魍魎の揺りかご Mōryō no Yurikago) (2010-2012)
- Nanako-san Teki na Nichijō Dash!! (菜々子さん的な日常 DASH!!) (2013)
- Erased (僕だけがいない街 Boku Dake ga Inai Machi) (2012-2016)
- STEAL AND DEAD (スティールアンドデッド) (2014 - Ongoing)
- Erased : RE (2017)
- Echoes (夢で見たあの子のために Yume de mita anoko no tameni) (2017 - Ongoing)
- Sanbe was an honorable mention in the 1990 40th Tezuka Awards and a semi-final winner in the 41st iteration. His manga, Erased, was nominated for the 18th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize Reader Award.