Джотаро Куджо (空条 承太郎 Kūjō Jōtarō) - протагонист третьей части серии "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure", Stardust Crusaders и третий ДжоДжо в серии. Он также появляется как главный союзник в частях Diamond is Unbreakable и Stone Ocean и коротко появляется в Vento Aureo. В результате всех его появлений Джотаро - самый повторяющийся главный герой ДжоДжо в серии.
Джотаро - двурасовый (наполовину японец) правонарушитель (番長 Лидер), который живёт обычной жизнью до возвращения старого заклятого врага семьи Джостаров, DIO. Увидев, что его мать Холи заболела из-за пробуждения DIO, Джотаро отправляется в путешествие по миру вместе со своим дедом Джозефом Джостаром и группой друзей, чтобы спасти свою мать и победить Вампира раз и навсегда.
Обладая всемогущим Star Platinum, Джотаро - первый ДжоДжо, представленный со Стендом, и один из самых известных персонажей серии. Он бывший муж американки и отец Джолин Куджо, главного героя Stone Ocean.
Джотаро по канону считается высоким (195 см), привлекательным и мускулистым мужчиной, даже будучи подростком. У него тёмные волосы, которые постоянно сочетаются с его шляпой, сильная линия подбородка, подчёркнутые брови и зелёные глаза.. Он также слегка похож на своего прапрадеда, Джонатана Джостара, и его деда, Джозефа Джостара, когда тот был молод.
Поверхностная тема одежды Джотаро меняется в каждой части ДжоДжо, в которой он появляется. Его фирменные знаки - украшенная кепка с козырьком, разорванная сзади и переходящая в волосы, и пальто примерно средней длины с о стоячим воротником и цепью. На его одежду повлияла Babel II, известная манга о мальчике в школьной форме, отправляющемся в приключение в пустыне.
Джотаро носит плащ изменённой длины гакуран/тсуме-ери с высоким жёстким воротником, пронизанным слева золотой цепью. Под ним на нём приталенная рубашка без рукавов и пара облегающих шатнов за ¥20 000  из очень коротких, острых клеш, поддерживаемых двумя тонкими ремнями, часто разного цвета, с рисунком в виде ряда попеременно раскрашенных мозаичных треугольников (отражающих повязку Цезаря/Джозефа). Он также носит пару кожаных туфель (предположительно) без носков.
Знаменитая кепка Джотаро украшена около центра золотой пуговицей, а слева - прямоугольной золотой пластиной с изображением ладони. Она разорвана сзади, словно сливаясь с его волосами. Хотя сначала они показаны полностью отдельными, но слегка разорванными, более поздние публикации вызывают большую неопределённость относительно того, где на самом деле граница между шляпой и его волосами. По словам Араки в интервью, он хотел, чтобы читатели узнавали Джотаро даже по его спине, а не только по его передней части.
Наряд Джотаро претерпел серьёзные изменения по сравнению со Stardust Crusaders, в дополнение к самому костюму, который претерпел несколько изменений в Diamond is Unbreakable. У каждой внешности есть своя узнаваемая черта - кепка с козырьком и тренч. Он носит широкие брюки, а его шляпа, пальто и штаны обычно изображаются белыми.
В своей первой одежде он носит плащ с откинутым назад воротником и манжетами, имеющими тот же мозаичный узор, что и его ремни. Под пальто - своего рода джемпер поверх жёсткой рубашки с высоким воротником; Ремешок с пряжкой также проходит по диагонали на его груди. На его шляпе есть металлическая эмблема "J", добавленная к ранее бывшей ладони, теперь заключённой в сердце.
Его вторая одежда, впервые надетая во время сюжетной арки Пойдём на охоту!, имеет стиль, напоминающий его школьную форму, с перевёрнутым воротником пальто и единственной приталенной рубашкой. Эмблемы его шляпы заменены на дельфина и солнца, а на его пальто - металлическая эмблема двух дельфинов, образующих сердце на правом плече, и треугольник с символом ладони слева.
Его последний наряд представляет собой пальто, похожее на стиль второго наряда, но с мозаичными манжетами, которые присутствовали в первом. Джотаро одет в небольшой открытый жилет без лацканов, украшенный чередующимися кругами и крестом поверх чёрной водолазки с эмблемой в виде ладони на шее. На его шляпе есть ряд чёрных символов Венеры (♀) со стрелкой внизу креста, что делает их похожими на якоря, вместе с другой эмблемой на ладони. На его двух поясах больше нет рисунка, но внизу прикреплён небольшой мешочек.
Jotaro maintains his classic hat in the same light color now with a noticeably much larger rip at the back of his hat, resulting in an even more unnatural blend of his hair and hat. A circular pendant with the iconic hand symbol frequently shown on his hat is seen attached to a belt that seemingly wraps around, comes from within the hat and ends at the metallic lining of his visor.
His light coat appears much more form fitting with its large collars adorned with metallic "J" symbols. It has rounded diagonal slits across the sides and only the top button is buttoned. Underneath Jotaro's coat is a dark turtleneck shirt with another hand symbol on his neck. The shirt displays two bright stripes intersecting with each other and his sleeves are rolled up. Jotaro's two vibrant belts are worn orderly and he has long pant legs appearing slightly pushed up above his shoes.
Джотаро снова носит тёмное пальто; на этот раз более детализированное. Линии окаймляют верх и основание его воротника; соединяются по длине разреза пальто. На его ошейнике есть две булавки в форме звезды, одна из которых находится внутри, а также небольшая цепочка, пронизывающая левую часть. Две линии проходят вверху плеч, ещё две расходятся от воротника по бокам. Между грудью и животом проходят две молнии. По бокам плеч изображены большие звезды, начиная с лёгкой полосы, доходящей до его манжетов (также со звездой), с повторяющейся надписью "JOJO". От подмышки до конца пальто проходит линия.
Он носит лёгкую майку с большой звездой на груди. Его туфли и брюки сделаны из куска змеиной кожи. Он носит единственный кожаный ремень, заклёпанный в два ряда, сложенный за пряжкой.
Рваная шляпа Джотаро также снова тёмная. Козырёк квадратный, с едва заметной аркой. Светлый золотой слиток на его стыке поддерживает золотую эмблему пальмы, как и его оригинал. Две линии проходят по верху козырька, в то время как расширенная звезда охватывает переднюю часть короны, ее верхняя точка проходит по верху.
Jotaro is introduced as a rough, violent delinquent, but he has a gentle heart and is loyal to those he likes. He is highly perceptive, intelligent and quick-witted while keeping a perpetually cool, slightly neutral or disinterested attitude.
Jotaro's most noticeable trait is his seemingly aloof nature. He is a quiet individual, often satisfied with expressing himself in short phrases. His bio explains that he thinks anyone can tell his emotions just by looking at him, and probably thinks further effort in portraying how he feels to be a waste of time, making others tend to perceive Jotaro as callous. Related to this, Jotaro is an extremely cool individual, able to keep his composure in even the direst situations. The best example of his coolness would be against Daniel J. D'Arby, playing a dangerous game of poker during which he successfully bluffs the expert poker player into folding even if he didn't know what cards he had and wagered the souls of every companion and ally involved. While he was shown to be mildly anxious when something unanticipated happens, Jotaro almost never goes as far as to lose his composure.
Jotaro is both fierce and gentle, showing these traits in various scenes, from the fight with N'Doul to the encounter with the D'Arbys. One shining example is how he spared Noriaki Kakyoin instead of killing him outright, even putting his own life on the line just to save the young man from DIO's deadly slavery. Despite refusing to show it explicitly, Jotaro loves his mother and respects his grandfather Joseph. Jotaro's impetus for going to Egypt is Holy's life being put in danger by DIO's Stand, and he flew into an uncharacteristic rage when the vampire desecrated the corpse of his grandfather, before apologizing to Joseph's spirit (who had previously warned Jotaro not to succumb to anger).
During his journey to Egypt, Jotaro attached himself to his companions, and through several small gestures expressed his friendship towards them, culminating with a hug with a departing Polnareff. Signs of him loosening up were also shown where he occasionally (but not often) smiles, such as when the group made fun of ZZ, and at one point he even laughs alongside Kakyoin and Polnareff upon discovering the Sun's weakness. Jotaro also has a soft spot for children and is noticeably more tolerant and protective toward them. When Anne accompanies them on his journey, he never yells at her and even protects her from enemy Stand Users, and also watches over her in a similar fashion to an older brother despite being visibly annoyed by her antics. When he takes an ice pop from a young boy, he tells the boy that he will buy him a new one.
Jotaro hates people who hurt women or children in a fight, even if the woman or child in question is evil, and will be especially violent toward them; one example of this is his beating of Steely Dan, which was partially motivated by Steely Dan killing Enya the Hag, and trying to use a little girl as a hostage when he was nearly defeated. In the OVA series, Jotaro grew more furious at DIO when he brutally slaughtered several innocent civilians inside a wrecked transit during their battle. However, Jotaro doesn't show mercy to evil women and will if need be severely beat them, such as when Midler attacked it and he busted her teeth through her Stand. Furthermore, nagging girls chasing him (both at his school and throughout his journey) annoy Jotaro, who ignores or rudely drives them away, particularly when they begin to fuss or bicker.
Moreover, Jotaro is blunt and foul-mouthed, having no problem being insolent towards his mother or any other authority figure. The teenager favors witty one-liners, often ridiculing whoever is the target of his quips and offering absurd reasons for his feats. For instance, he took the time to tell DIO the reason he lost was that the vampire "pissed him off". Whether Jotaro does take himself seriously or is just having fun when using his one-liners is left unanswered. Nonetheless, Jotaro has shown a modicum of respect to the occasional enemy Stand User, praising N'Doul for having been formidable enough to manage to knock his hat off his head and commit suicide to help DIO, then listening to his speech about his devotion and finally burying his corpse in the desert. Moreover, he noted how Daniel J. D'Arby was dangerous and compared him favorably to Telence, stating that Daniel would have spotted an obvious ploy which tricked Telence.
Jotaro is interested in a large range of subjects, such as sumo or the TV series Columbo, from which he claims to have acquired his deductive skills. Several hobbies indicate that he has an intellectual side, which would result in him becoming a marine biologist by part 4. Ironically, Jotaro is one of the few who can appreciate Calcutta's atmosphere, which shocks Joseph.
Jotaro also has a quirky, particular fashion taste and attachment to his clothes, from refusing to cut off parts of his pants when the school nurse asked him to, to buying clothes to replace the ones that were destroyed after his fight with ZZ with exact replicas as pointed out by Joseph. When he first trades blows with DIO, he specifically points out how the fight tore a hole in his apparently very expensive pants. He also has an attachment to his hat.
Jotaro has a habit of muttering "Gimme a break..." (やれやれだぜ Yare Yare Daze) to himself to express annoyance toward the ordeals and other events that happen close to him, to the point it has become his signature catchphrase.
Diamond is Unbreakable
In Diamond is Unbreakable, Jotaro becomes the leader and mentor of Part 4's Joestar Group, as well as a person they could rally behind. Koichi and Josuke comment that his company is calming to them, with respect to the consistent threat exerted by emerging Stand users. Having matured, Jotaro isn't as foul-mouthed as he was, although he is still blunt and retains his annoyance towards girls making a fuss.
Although his aloofness is still present, it has diminished somewhat over the years; meeting Tomoko Higashikata whilst looking for Josuke shortly after her father is killed by Anjuro, he tolerates her sudden clinginess when she mistakes him for Joseph, and offers some consolation for her father's death. He also admits to Koichi that he was glad to meet him, albeit privately.
In Stone Ocean, Jotaro displays his typical serious attitude, but this is also paired with a passionate paternal protectiveness for his daughter Jolyne, although his past neglect has worsened their relationship. Another instance of his diminished stoic attitude, he tells his daughter that he loves and cherishes her, which would motivate Jolyne throughout their adventure.
After he is "revived", Anasui, one of Jolyne's companions who is enthralled by her, asks Jotaro to approve his proposal to marry. Reacting first as though he spoke meaninglessly when Jotaro sees Jolyne lean against Anasui's chest, he pulls her into his arms, protectively; leaving Jolyne clueless as to their interaction.
During the final fight against Pucci, Jotaro's love for his family got the best of him, and he made the mistake of trying to both save Jolyne and kill Pucci, succeeding in neither and resulting in his tragic death.
- Main article: Star Platinum
One of the strongest Stands in the series, Star Platinum possesses superhuman senses, strength, stamina, accuracy and speed. Like other physically-powerful (or Close-Range) Stands, Star Platinum suffers from a narrow range of activity; active only within a 2-3 meter radius from Jotaro.
The Tarot card The Star, after which it is named, symbolizes hope, above all.
Star Platinum: The World
- Main article: Star Platinum: The World
Во время финальной битвы с ДИО Star Platinum пробудил способность останавливать время.
This is the highest form to which Jotaro is shown to develop his Stand. Star Platinum: The World can stop time for as long as 5 seconds. It's duration seems to fluctuate on how constantly Jotaro uses the ability.
Jotaro's natural battle sense and flexible thinking makes him extremely proficient at using his Stand, which is facilitated by how powerful it is in the first place. At its most basic usage, Star Platinum will punch through almost any obstacle Jotaro encounters, but he can also be very imaginative when applying its physical prowess, such as stretching Star Platinum's limbs for extra range or using its lungs to neutralize Justice.
Jotaro frequently exploits his Stand's superhuman attributes to augment his own capabilities. He is able to use Star Platinum's enhanced eyesight to see far-away objects himself and, much like other Stand Users, can block attacks aimed at him with his Stand. Jotaro will often defend himself by channeling Star Platinum from inside his body, which also allows him to use its enhanced strength to launch himself into the air. This jumping technique is introduced during the fight with N'Doul, and utilized throughout Jotaro's final face-off with DIO.
Due to its short duration, Jotaro only stops time with parsimony. He mainly uses it for defense, utilizing the extra time to defend an ally or avoid attacks, and has only occasionally used time stop for offense.
- Intelligence: Jotaro is an adept tactician, using a mix of straightforward brute force and unexpected tricks to prevail. Thanks to Star Platinum's tremendous strength, Jotaro can either force his way out of any tough situation or use unexpected feats of strength such as tunneling his way toward an enemy or using his lung capacity to neutralize a fog Stand. Jotaro has occasionally used the environment to his advantage, filling his clothes with thick books when expecting DIO to use projectiles against him, or taking full advantage of The Fool's glider to approach N'Doul.
The years have only increased his wits, and in Part 4 and 6, Jotaro demonstrates a methodical and vigilant sense of observation, watching his environment to anticipate the enemy's moves and attacks, and having a good grasp of the general mechanics of Stands to better identify a Stand's weaknesses.
Jotaro is notably good at psychological warfare and using calm judgment in dire situations. He is an accomplished bluffer, capable of using his adversary's own vigilance against the formidable Star Platinum to psych them out, demonstrated when he forced D'Arby to fold in a game of poker he had all but won or tricked DIO into underestimating Star Platinum's ability to move in the stopped time. He also provoked Forever into entering the range of Star Platinum to defeat him.
- Knowledge: It is implied that Jotaro has accumulated a considerable amount of varied knowledge. At the beginning of Part 3, in his cell, in order to understand his Stand, he had collected a number of books on the theme of the paranormal. In Part 4, it is revealed that he specialized in marine biology; and he briefs Josuke skillfully for the task of hunting two Stand-wielding rats.
- Strength: While not nearing the levels of superhuman strength possessed by his Stand, Jotaro himself is still notably strong, and has been for a long time; even when de-aged by Sethan, he was able to deliver a painful punch against a full-grown man.
- Toughness: Jotaro is naturally confident and intolerant to suggestions that he should defer in any way, backed up by his own strength as well as that of his Stand.
- Cigarette Trick: Jotaro is supposedly able to hold up to five lit cigarettes in his mouth, lit side inwards, and drink juice without putting them out. Oingo failed to replicate this technique. However, this trick could be false.
- Bluffing: During both the Telence T. D'Arby and Daniel J. D'Arby arcs, Jotaro won through an impressive ability to bluff, as seen by his refusal to look at his cards when playing poker with D'Arby the Elder, and having the confidence to rely on Joseph Joestar to pick up on his signal by announcing his pitch against D'Arby the Younger.
Jotaro's relationship with people is usually straight forward, due to his type of personality. He usually tends to keep his emotions to himself, as he believes people can read his emotions simply by observing him. Simply put, if anyone hasn't made him angry, he is usually satisfied with those around him.
- Jolyne Cujoh: Jotaro's only child. Jotaro, due to his many excursions, was an absentee father for much of Jolyne's childhood and well into her adolescence. As such, she grew to resent him though at times also craving his attention. His divorce only made matters worse, Jolyne practically disowning him and refusing to mention him until he visited her in prison. Jotaro, however, greatly cherished Jolyne, taking her safety above all else during Stone Ocean and being fully aware of his failures as a father. Eventually they began to patch their relationship up, Jolyne finally understanding why Jotaro was absent constantly and what exactly he was fighting for.
- Joseph Joestar: Jotaro doesn't usually share his grandfather's humor, and the two have very different personalities. Despite their differences, they seem to get along fairly well, and can share a laugh or two once in a while, and they were able to bond much more during their travel to Egypt in order to save Holy. When Joseph was infected by Steely Dan's Lovers, Jotaro allowed himself to be humiliated to protect Joseph from Steely Dan and repaid his enemy a thousandfold. They were able to work well together against Telence D'Arby purely through shared familial intuition, and when DIO desecrated Joseph's corpse, Jotaro was enraged enough to attack DIO head on despite knowing the serious risk. While he was annoyed about Joseph's affair with Josuke's mother, he still cared for his grandfather especially in his advanced age and decided to protect Josuke's mother in place of Joseph, showing his respect for Joseph's feelings. He also showed a rare smile when he saw Josuke and Joseph getting along.
- Suzi Q: Although they've never communicated in the manga, the anime included a scene of Jotaro talking to his grandmother on the phone. He respects her and assures her that there's nothing to worry about when Joseph couldn't talk to her. Suzi states that she was really happy to hear her grandson's voice after so long. She's heard that Jotaro became wild lately but she knows deep down that he's a sweet child who truly cares for his family.
- Josuke Higashikata: The two have a mentor-protégé relationship. Although Josuke is younger than him, Jotaro is his nephew. When they first met, Josuke had assaulted Jotaro for mentioning his hair in a negative tone (despite Jotaro not intending to insult Josuke), but as the series progressed, the two became allies and have helped each other out a number of times against the various enemy Stands appearing in Morioh. Jotaro respects Josuke's ability and gentleness while being annoyed by his temper, and fully trusted him during their fight against Bug-Eaten.
- Sadao Kujo: As a famous jazz musician, Sadao left his family to go on tour, and has never actually been seen in the series. It is unknown as to how long he has been gone, but there hasn't been any indication that Jotaro holds a grudge against him for this.
- Giorno Giovanna: While they have never formally met, Jotaro investigated Giorno due to his connections to both DIO and the Joestar family. Having found out Giorno's relation with DIO, Jotaro avoided meeting him in person, and trusted Koichi to judge him in his stead.
- Muhammad Avdol: His first initial meeting with Avdol was not very friendly, but after Jotaro begins to truly understand Star Platinum and Stands, they quickly become allies. During the journey Avdol takes the role of the mentor, providing the rest of the group information on enemies such as Gray Fly, Devo the Cursed, and Midler. Jotaro would later mourn his death with Polnareff and Joseph.
- Noriaki Kakyoin: Like with Avdol, Jotaro's relationship with Kakyoin begins with a fight. After defeating him, Jotaro takes Kakyoin to his house to remove DIO's flesh bud and release him from DIO's control. Jotaro and Kakyoin later develop a strong friendship, discovering a mutual interest in sumo, and Kakyoin being one of the few people Jotaro smiles at. Kakyoin sacrificed his life to give Jotaro an advantage against Dio and Jotaro mourns his death along with Joseph and Polnareff. In the JOJONIUM special interviews, Araki comments that without their power, Jotaro and Kakyoin probably wouldn't have become friends.
- Jean Pierre Polnareff: After joining the group during their journey to Egypt, Polnareff gradually becomes good friends with everyone. Jotaro becomes friendlier with Polnareff, having no problem teaming up with him, and displaying his friendship openly with him. Jotaro also respects Polnareff as a fighter, commenting that his Silver Chariot Star Platinum can hold back against when Anubis possesses Polnareff. At the end of part 3, Joseph and Polnareff along with Jotaro mourn for the loss of their friends. Before going their separate ways, the group embraces one last time; promising to meet each other again sometime in the future. Jotaro's only comment to Polnareff was a friendly insult, mentioning that he'd never be able to forget his ugly face.
- Anne: Jotaro treated the runaway girl as a burden and annoyance, but kept protecting her from enemies such as fake Captain Tennile and Forever. Anne had a crush on Jotaro because he was handsome.
- Iggy: Jotaro meets Iggy prior the fight with N'Doul, but their relationship begins badly as Iggy is uncooperative in the fight and Jotaro throws him into N'Doul. As revenge, Iggy pranks Jotaro. Iggy, although not vocal about it, is a very prideful stand user, even believing that The Fool is stronger than Star Platinum. After the battle with DIO, Jotaro and Joseph acknowledge his death, alongside the other fallen crusaders.
- Koichi Hirose: After witnessing Koichi's bravery during the events in Morioh, particularly fighting Kira's Sheer Heart Attack while Jotaro was unconscious, he has come to respect and trust him a lot. This bond later influences Jotaro to choose him to investigate Giorno Giovanna for his bloodline link with both the Joestars and DIO.
- Okuyasu Nijimura: Although the two had little interaction, Okuyasu seems to see Jotaro as a mentor figure. However, he does ignore Jotaro's advice and goes after Red Hot Chili Pepper on his own. Jotaro is exasperated by his temper and lack of intelligence but sees him as an ally nonetheless.
- Rohan Kishibe: Jotaro and Rohan are allies in the battle against Yoshikage Kira. Rohan states that the two aren't close but they seem to have mutual respect for each other, as Rohan has Jotaro's phone number in his phonebook. Rohan also tries heading to Morioh Grand Hotel thinking Jotaro could help him deal with Cheap Trick.
- DIO: Before their meeting, but having heard of each other, DIO and Jotaro were enemies. While DIO simply thought of Jotaro as a powerful Stand user, Jotaro didn't think much of the former but was at least intrigued that he was charismatic enough to gain the loyalty of other powerful Stand users like N'Doul. During their clash, DIO viewed Jotaro as much of a threat as Jonathan was, if not more, going to extremes to outwit and ensure his death. While Jonathan was an opponent DIO respected, Jotaro was an opponent DIO feared because Jotaro could move in the stopped time. After DIO had apparently killed his grandfather, Joseph, right in front of him, Jotaro's hatred for DIO intensified to where, for the first time, Jotaro was visibly enraged and acted on anger. After a short but grueling fight with the Vampire, Jotaro finally managed to outwit and kill DIO. His battle with him affected Jotaro so much, he nearly attacked the fully revived Joseph when he jokingly claimed to be DIO possessing his body.
- Enrico Pucci: Pucci harbored a grudge against Jotaro for having killed DIO. However, Jotaro was unaware of Pucci's existence until the end of Stone Ocean. Pucci took his revenge by stealing both Jotaro's memories and Stand to let his lifeless corpse rot away, but nonetheless knew he was a dangerous Stand user, thus took every precaution against him. Pucci ultimately killed Jotaro in Florida.
- Yoshikage Kira: The first time Jotaro would encounter Kira was near the Centipede shoe shop after Jotaro was heavily wounded by Sheer Heart Attack. Kira underestimated Jotaro due to the poor state he was in, only to get pummeled by Star Platinum for his trouble. Kira noted how dangerous Jotaro was and took the care to avoid confronting him again.
- Daniel J. D'Arby: Daniel J. D'Arby's combination of skill in gambling and Stand power managed to impress Jotaro, even making him nervous at points. Jotaro went as far as saying that D'Arby was the most dangerous Stand user they've met yet. Through a combination of intimidation and sheer luck, Jotaro managed to bluff D'Arby and send him into shock. After meeting Daniel's brother Telence, Jotaro would acknowledge Daniel as the superior gambler, stating that Daniel would have seen through the trick he used against Telence.
- N'Doul: While the two were enemies, Jotaro grew to respect N'Doul as a fighter during their fight, noting that N'Doul managed to knock away his hat, an impressive feat according to Jotaro. Jotaro was impressed by N'Doul's loyalty to DIO and buried him out of respect when he died.
- Steely Dan: Because Steely Dan killed Enya, an old albeit powerful woman in cold blood, and then used his temporary position of power to continuously humiliate Jotaro, the latter developed a great grudge toward Steely Dan. When Steely Dan took a child hostage, Jotaro, not only content from breaking his limbs, delivered a particularly brutal pummeling as revenge.
- Anubis: Jotaro comments that Anubis, a Stand relying on a simple powerful ability, notably a speed that rivaled that of Star Platinum, instead of a trick made it particularly dangerous. Anubis attempted to kill Jotaro several times with several host bodies including Polnareff. Jotaro smashed Anubis in half. Anubis possessed a child and attempted to stab Jotaro before Iggy tripped him.
- Enya: Jotaro was one of Enya's primary targets as he was one of the most powerful Stand users opposing her master DIO, yet she was wary of Jotaro's power and intellect. For his part, Jotaro didn't think much of Enya. Jotaro was still shocked when he saw Enya dying on DIO's order yet still remaining loyal.
- Anjuro Katagiri: Due to his attempted murder of Josuke's mother and successful murder of his grandfather, Anjuro was an enemy of Jotaro's. Anjuro, being a notoriously brutal murderer and recent Stand user, disgusted Jotaro and was one of the reasons Jotaro personally went to Morioh to stop him.
- Akira Otoishi: Because Jotaro was investigating Stand Users, Otoishi saw him as a threat and tried to kill him. When Josuke got in his way, Otoishi decided to kill Joseph instead, only to be stopped by Okuyasu. When Otoishi is arrested, Jotaro threatens to hunt him down if he escapes from prison. Jotaro would later interrogate Otoishi, who would reveal he shot a rat with the Arrow (but hid that he shot 2 rats, Bug-Eaten and Not Bug-Eaten).
- Johngalli A.: Johngalli A. bore a grudge against Jotaro for having killed DIO. While there is little interaction between the two, the fact he framed Jolyne for murder and attempted to kill her and him made them enemies.
Главы / Эпизоды
- “Gimme a break... (やれやれだぜ Yare Yare Daze)”—Jotaro's catchphrase
- “It's nice to meet one like me, but if you keep this up... you die.”
- “No one ever said Jotaro Kujo was a nice guy. I beat the crap out of more people than I have to, some are still in the hospital. There's plenty of teachers who got on my bad side and never came back to class. And, hey I make it a policy not to pay the check if I didn't like the meal. But even a guy like me can spot evil when he sees it... Evil means to use the weak for your own gain and then stomp on them when it's over! And that's what you've done! To a woman and a doctor, even! And your Stand gets to hide from the victims, the law, the consequences! That's why I'll be your judge!”
- “The only one who's getting a swift watery death... is you.”
- “I'm asking you... in what style do you want to be served? Sashimi? Fish fillet? Maybe fish paste? I'll do as you order.”
- “Hmph, are you mad? Did I hurt that pride of yours? No..! That's impossible since orangutans don't have any pride!”
- “You sure did a lot of smack back there, huh? Luckily, I'm the kind of guy who takes that stuff to heart. ORA!”
- “Yare yare...haven't you realized it, yet? You were lucky up to this point, the worst you've suffered was a broken nose and now your luck has ran out!”
- “Didn't you say that there weren't paths left to take? You were wrong. A path is something that you make yourself. That's why I, Jotaro Kujo, will now show you how to build your own path! Oraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraora!!!!”
- “Gimme a break... there's no need to run away. Before that old hag takes another breath, I'll defeat that Stand.”
- “Well now... it looks like her head is full of the fog she liked so much.”
- “I, Kujo Jotaro will end you myself.”
- “Yare yare... Well those were pretty strong teeth, but I still busted through them. I guess your "diamond hard" teeth were a little low on calcium.”
- “You gotta carve out your own path in life.”
- “Impossible? We did a lot of impossible things on this journey. I’m tired of hearing that things are impossible or useless. Those words mean nothing to us.”
- “Next time we meet, I'm gonna land a thousand strikes on that face of yours.”
- “But the Kujo family... No. The Joestar family has its own philosophy when it comes to fighting. I have just one strategy left. That's... to run away!”
- “Do you understand?”
- “You sure said all the crap you wanted to back there. I'm the type that takes such things to heart.”
- “Even a guy like me can smell the stench of evil from miles away!”
- “I'm the kind of guy who keeps a grudge if someone screws with me.”
- “It's hard to see who you really are from your own perspective...”
- “You're such a joke I can't even think of anything to say to you.”
- “It's not cheating if you don't get caught.”
- “This isn't enough... I'm still not angry enough!”
- “I don't have any pity. Not for you.”
- “You can't pay back what you owe with money! ORAORAORAORAORAORA! Here's your receipt.”
- “Gimme a break... don't underestimate me just 'cause I'm a kid. Oraoraoraoraoraoraora!!”
- “Yes, we are friends. Friends of justice, that is.”
- “Son of a bitch. Things are starting to get interesting.”
- “I can't kick your ass unless I come closer.”
- “You sure made work my ass off for this... you can't stop time if I crush your skull first, DIO!”
- “How does it feel, DIO?... Having your worst enemy stand behind you while you can't do a thing about it. Imagine a guy who can only hold his breath underwater for a minute. He comes to the surface at one minute and...yank! Someone grabs his leg and drags him underwater again... does it feel kind of like that?”
- “Look at you. You're pathetic. I have zero sympathy for your sorry ass. But. If I kill you while you're helpless, that'll leave a bad taste in my mouth. How long will it take for you to heal? Three seconds? Four seconds? As soon as you heal, Star Platinum will split your head open all over the street! So heal!”
- “If this was a wild west gun duel. This is the part where they'd say "Draw".”
- “Impossible? This journey has been full of impossible things... This is pointless, I'm tired of hearing about what's impossible.”
- “There's only one reason you lost, DIO... just one simple reason. You pissed me off. (てめーの敗因はたったひとつだぜ…DIO…たったひとつの
単純な答えだ…「てめーはおれを怒らせた」。 Temē no haiin wa tatta hitotsu daze… DIO… tatta hitotsu no shinpuru na kotae da… `temē wa ore o okora seta'.)”
- “Josuke Higashikata, born in 1983. Your mother's name is Tomoko, she was 21 at the time studying at the university in Tokyo. You've lived here since you were born. In 1987 when you were 4, you had a severe fever due to an unknown illness for 50 days. You almost died. You father's name is... (hmph, this is harder than I thought) Joseph Joestar!”
- “The dumb old bastard, saying "I love only my wife" like a saint. What the hell, and I finally find your son, you fickle... Sorry I said too much. My name is Jotaro Kujo, I'm officially your nephew.”
- “Humans thrive on the destruction of others... but among them there's you, and your power is the kindest and most generous ability one could ever have. However, you can't bring back life once it has ended. No Stand can do that.”
- “Focus on staying calm before you worry about speed.”
- “Josuke, I'm going hunting. Come with me.”
- “Give me a break... It looks like we have to continue our hunt with the intent to kill.”
- “Observe the situation, I mean... Don't just look, scan. Don't just hear, listen. Or else, we won't make it out alive.”
- “I don't like uncooperative people. I suppose I'll just have to beat you into dust.”
- “Nice watch. Too bad you won't be able to tell time on it after I break it. Break your face, that is.”
- “Give me a break. Now that I can see it up close, your watch looks like crap. But you don't have to worry about that. After all, I'm about to make it look even worse. Your face, that is. ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!”
- “You did well to fight this long on your own... I'm impressed.”
- “Go on, say something to him... Give him a snappy one-liner!”
- “True observation means seeing with your mind, not your eyes... to listen with your heart, not your ears...”
- “It just does whatever it wants... meaning this creature is no longer fit to live on Earth.”
- “Gimme a break. Sorry, but I'm getting you out of here. Right now.”
- “Speaking to someone's heart is an amazing thing. But sometimes, garbage gets left over. Garbage known as grudges.”
- “Let's go. It's prison break time.”
- “I always... cared about you.”
- “It's too short! Stopping time for five seconds isn't enough...”
- “You're not making any sense... Are you insane?”
- “I was one move... too late...!”
- His catchphrase, "Yare yare daze" has no direct translation but is usually translated to the effect of "Gimme a break." It can also mean "Well well well..." or "Alright, alright...", since "yare yare" commonly translates to "Oh well..."; It is generally an expression of boredom or exasperation.
- In the official Viz Media translations, the phrase is considered cursing and is censored.
- In the official Shonen Jump Advanced manga series he is seen saying "Give me a [email protected]$&*# break..." and the English dub of the OVA translates it as "What a pain...".
- In the Crunchyroll subs, it is translated as "Good grief". In the English dub of the 2014 series, it's translated as "What a pain (in the ass)" as well as "Give me a break".
В популярной культуре
- In the first episode of Puni Puni Poemy, the Director and his alien opponent humorously fight a battle between Stands. The alien fought using a Star Platinum look-alike.
- The shōjo manga group Clamp are fans of JoJo. In their later publication, Wish, the main angel character, Kohaku, closely resembles Kakyoin's hairdo and appearance. Ironically, the love interest of said character roughly resembles a hatless Jotaro, named Kudo Shuichiro. Although the angel is sexless, some fans have speculated this story is a shōnen-ai interpretation of the two. In their early years, Clamp also created doujinshi called Clamp in Wonderland which featured their original character, Jotaro and Kakyoin's child Jota (hatched from an egg) and his Stand Charmy Green (which looks like a green Star Platinum).
- In the NBC drama, Heroes, a fictional Japanese salaryman named Hiro Nakamura is a fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. In his blog, he states that he wants to "be like JoJo and Vaan and go on adventures". One of his powers includes time manipulation, a gift shared with both Jotaro and Dio Brando. Hiro later posts on his blog under the pseudonym of Jotaro Kujo.
- In the video game Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, Monokuma beats Monomi with rapid punches while yelling "ORA ORA". In response, Monomi says "This is your Stand?!".
- Iikubo Haruna, sub-leader of the pop group Morning Musume, has stated she is in love with Jotaro.
- Jotaro makes a cameo appearance in the film Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (2018) on a poster in Tokyo, Japan.