Ikuro Hashizawa (橋沢 育朗 Hashizawa Ikurō), also known as Baoh (バオー Baō), is the protagonist of Baoh: The Visitor.
A teenager, Ikuro is kidnapped and transformed into the bioweapon "Baoh" by the Dress Organization.
Ikuro is a teenage male of average height and medium build. He has full-bodied hair of medium tone.
As Baoh, the bio-weapon, Ikuro's skin takes on a bluish hue. The region surrounding his eyes is cracked, as though a shell, revealing a dark or shadowy interior, while his eyes shine out. His hair is swapped for a flowing mass of long strands of what appears to be flesh; while the height of his forehead is embedded a vertical oval emanating light, surrounded by black.
Due to his amnesia, Ikuro knows very little about his past.
He is a rather friendly individual, but he is willing to do illegal things to keep himself alive, such as stealing a person's bike. He has a strong bond with Sumire and was willing to risk his life to save her.
As a Baoh, he is extremely violent and amoral, willing to kill whoever or whatever threatens him.
Baoh Armed Phenomenon
When Ikuro's body is attacked (such as during his near death at the hands of Number 22), it transforms by means of the Baoh Armed Phenomenon (バオー
- (バオー・メルテッディン・パルム・フェノメノン Baō Meruteddin Parumu Fenomenon): Allows him to secrete corrosive enzymes from his hands, melting through metal and human flesh.
- Baoh Reskiniharden Saber Phenomenon (バオー・リスキニハーデン・セイバー・フェノメノン Baō Risukinihāden Seibā Fenomenon): Produces two blades formed from hardened skin tissue coming out of his arms that can slice through nearly anything. Kars' blade was based on this attack.
- Saber Off (セイバーオフ Seibā Ofu): The blades can detach from his arms and be used as projectiles by shouting "Saber Off".
- Baoh Shooting-Bees Stinger Phenomenon (バオー・シューティングビースス・スティンガー・フェノメノン Baō Shūtingu Bīsusu Sutingā Fenomenon): It turns Baoh's hair into needle-like projectiles that burst into flames due to their altered chemical composition upon contact with the targets body heat.
- (バオー・ブレイク・ダーク・サンダー・フェノメノン Baō Bureiku Dāku Sandā Fenomenon): Baoh's most powerful ability. Where his body producers upwards of 60 thousand volts of electrical energy with the same method as an electric eel, powerful enough to power a laser cannon.
Ikuro and his parents were heavily injured during a car accident and taken to the hospital six months before the events of Baoh. Unfortunately, the doctor was linked to Dress, an evil organization of weapons developers looking for guinea pigs at the time. Dr. Kasuminome callously killed Ikuro's parents under his eyes and took him away to inject the Baoh parasite inside of him.
After being injected with the Baoh parasite, Ikuro is contained in a tank and transported on a train. However, a young psychic named Sumire escapes her room and in trying to escape, opens Iluro's tank. A guard tries to capture him but Ikuro crushes his arm and leaps out of the train. He grabs the power lines but also survives the shock. Later, Ikuro and Sumire try to bond with each other, but a knife wielding assassin named Number 22 stabs the former, forcing the duo to steal a motorbike and flee. They attempt to refuel at a gas station bu N.22 appears again, slicing Ikuro's throat. But, it only awakens Baoh, who dissolves N.22 with his touch before turning back into a human. Later, a death squad is already searching for Ikuro and Surime, who are busy betting on horse races to acquire money. The two settle inside an abandoned building, but Ikuro senses that something inside of him is changing. The death squad attacks the duo, but Ikuro transforms again into Baoh, decimating the squad. Unbeknownst to him, he is observed by another assassin. Baoh senses the assassin, who reveals himself as a beastmaster commanding a heavily modfied giant mandrill named Martin. Due to its strength and many weapons hidden inside his body, Martin is more than a match for Baoh. Sumire, having sensed that Ikuro's humanity is still intact inside of Baoh, tries to stop the assassin from controlling Martin, only to be hurt. Enraged, Baoh finally overpowers Martin and kills both the beast and his master, healing and turning back into Ikuro.
Walking through the mountains, Ikuro and Sumire meet an old couple living in the area. They give him shelter and food. But during a moment the old man is isolated, another cyborg assassin emerges, hypnotizing the old man into waiting for midnight and shoot Ikuro in the head with his hunting rifle. At midnight, the old man wakes up and tries to shoot Ikuro, who transforms into Baoh but senses that the old man is not his true enemy. Jumping through the roof, Baoh confronts the cyborg named Dordo who disables all of his sensory organs through chemicals released by a swarm of bats. Thankfully, the old man, who has come to his senses and guided by Surime, shoots down the bats while taking a bullet. Baoh confronts Dordo, who is heavily wounded, but reveals his heavily modified body. He kidnaps Sumire to use her as bait and escapes with a hang glider to one of the Dress headquarters near Sanriku. Ikuro is determined to free Sumire, but risks unleashing the beast inside of him for good.
Going away on a motorcycle given by the couple, Ikuro deems it necessary to learn to control his power first to have a chance to save Sumire. Meanwhile, Kasuminome chastises Dordo for his perceived failure and the danger of letting Baoh time to grow stronger. Meanwhile, Ikuro is forced to save a trapped girl from a speeding train and is pushed into managing to activate his acid touch without fully transforming. Humiliated by his hierarchy, Dordo goes out to snipe Ikuro, but his attempt is foiled thanks to Ikuro activating his super senses and strength to evade the bullets. To lure Baoh, Kasuminome purposefully tortures Sumire whose distress is detected by the weapon. Ikuro is already scaling the seaside cliff leading to a vulnerable side of the facility and, turning into Baoh, rampages through the security staff as well as survives death traps to reach Sumire's room. He is stopped by Walken, whose ability to destroy anything with a thought makes him invincible and his every attacks deadly. Nonetheless, Baoh manages to stab inside Walken's brain by launching one of his arm blades and he finally reaches Sumire.
He is welcomed by a flurry of laser beams, and the attack does not faze Baoh but wounds Sumire. Seeing that Baoh is cornered, Kasuminome prepares to blow up the facility. Meanwhile, Baoh heals the girl with his blood. Walken has woken up, still alive despite his injury, and seeks Baoh for revenge. As the headgear restricting his psychic powers was destroyed by Baoh's attack, the full strength of Walken's abilities causes an earthquake inside the facility. As Sumire awakens, Walken finds them and destroys the floor. All of them, as well as Kasuminome who tried to escape in a pod, find themselves in a cavern. Telling Sumire to flee, Baoh uses one of the lasers to kill Walken for good, unintentionally fatally wounding Kasuminome in the process. The facility then self-destructs, causing the cavern to collapse.
Some time later, Sumire walks by the sea. She has been taken in by the old couple and lives a happy life while the incident at the research facility is covered up by the press. Looking at the water, she senses that Ikuro is dormant but alive at the bottom of the sea and predicts that he will return when she is seventeen and reunite with her.
Ikuro appears as Baoh as the final DLC character released for this game; accompanied by a Campaign set centered around him. He also appears in an extra battle in the JoJolion Story Mode chapter.
As Ikuro is unable to speak in his Baoh form (only capable of repeated battle cries of "BARU!" as well as general roars), he is accompanied by the game's narrator calling out the names of his attacks along with descriptive phrases. However, Ikuro will call out the game's name on the title screen in his human voice, and briefly speaks lines, also in his human voice, during his special mirror match intro and during match victories.
As a guest fighter, Ikuro is the only playable All Star Battle character to not return in the next game, Eyes of Heaven.
Ikuro's moveset revolves around Baoh's special abilities. While he has much lower-than-average health, exclusive to Ikuro is the "Baoh Armed Phenomenon" Style. Ikuro has 850 HP.
- It was unknown at the time of the trailer he was shown in if he was going to be a hidden character or will be DLC for All Star Battle, as he was shown near the very end of the 7th PV without being told if he would be unlockable or downloadable. The final campaign shows him to be a DLC character for the game.
- In All Star Battle, Ikuro only talks normally in his human form. As he fights mainly in his monstrous form where he cannot talk at all except for when he taunts and only says "Baru", and because he cannot say the names of his attacks himself, the game's narrator instead describes his attacks during the battle.
- The characters Dio and Neo Dio from the video game series World Heroes bear a striking resemblance to Baoh, also having similar attacks which they use in their various appearances in the World Heroes series and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.
- In Stardust Crusaders, DIO heals Vanilla Ice with his blood, similar to how Ikuro uses his blood to heal Sumire.
- Baoh Chapter 2: The Extermination Order