JORGE JOESTAR (ジョージ・ジョースター Jōji Jōsutā) is a novel written and illustrated by Otaro Maijo. The cover depicting George Joestar II and a young Lisa Lisa was drawn by Hirohiko Araki. The novel was released as part of the special JoJo 25th Anniversary project "VS JOJO" on September 19, 2012. A paperback version containing a few revisions released later on December 19, 2017.
JORGE JOESTAR includes a crossover of characters from parts one to seven of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Ryūsui Seiryōin's JDC Series, and Ōtarō Maijō's previous novels. While the novel contains a few illustrations depicting maps and puzzles for certain concepts, several hundreds of illustrations are only available outside the novel on Shueisha's website.
George Joestar II (Jorge Joestar) lives on the island of La Palma, part of the Canary Islands in Spain, with his mother Erina Pendleton, and Elizabeth (Lisa Lisa). George and Erina eventually travel to England whereas Lisa Lisa moves to Italy with her adopted father, Straizo. George and Lisa Lisa pledge their love to each other, with George growing up to become a World War I air pilot and Lisa Lisa becoming a strong Ripple warrior.
In another universe, teenage detective Jorge Joestar sets out on a bizarre quest to solve a murder in Morioh. His journey eventually turns into a universe-hopping adventure after the island begins moving on its own, and he meets several Stand users along the way.
The odd-numbered chapters of the novel depict the life stories of George Joestar II and Lisa Lisa from 1900 to 1920, showcasing their development from children into adults. As children, George would often be bullied by Antonio Torres and his gang of friends, with Lisa Lisa having to save him from them. After Lisa Lisa moves to live with Straizo, George continues living with Erina and a woman named Penelope de la Rosa, who can no longer live at her own house after developing a Wound ability. Their family later moves to England, eventually leading to George becoming the prime suspect in a murder case of one of his friends. As he grows up, George joins the Royal Air Force and marries Elizabeth. However, their wedding is threatened by a zombie invasion. Throughout his life, George makes new friends, such as Tsukumojuku Kato, Steven Motorize, Kenton Motorize, Darlington Motorize, John Moore-Brabazon, and Jim Graham.
The even-numbered chapters are set in 2012 after thirty-six universal resets, taking place in the 37th universe. It focuses on teenage detective Jorge Joestar, a Japanese boy adopted by the Joestar family and raised English. While investigating a recent string of incidents, Jorge comes across another young detective named Tsukumojuku Kato, who has somehow traveled between universes. After Tsukumojuku is suddenly found dead in Morioh, seemingly by Yoshikage Kira's hands, Jorge heads there to investigate. He becomes allies with Rohan Kishibe, Reimi Sugimoto, Koji Hirose, Muryotaisu Nijimura, and Fukashigi Nijimura. However, Passione suddenly invades Morioh and orders the assistance of detectives to find their boss, Diavolo. Along the way, Jorge ends up in outer space with Narancia Ghirga, and meets thirty-seven versions of Kars, each from a different universe. The original Kars adapts to creating his own Stands after seeing the abilities of Narancia and Enrico Pucci and accompanies the group back to Earth. Characters from the first universe and 37th universe eventually coincide, ultimately ending in a massive Stand battle with Dio Brando as he attempts his heaven ascension plan to gain unlimited power.
In addition to having Stands from the original manga such as King Crimson and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, JORGE JOESTAR introduces several new Stands that are mainly named after films or TV series. There are also four new Stand-like phenomena that are not truly Stands but may have similar abilities.
- Wounds (ウゥンド Wundo) are created from repeated trauma to one's mind and body. They are less controllable than Stands are, and tend to serve a purpose of stopping the user's source of pain.
- Bounds (バウンド Baundo) allow an individual to completely merge with an element or environment and freely manipulate that element.
- Beyond (ビヨンド Biyondo) is a metafictional concept that can be considered the author of the story. The power chooses its heroes and if the heroes believe in Beyond, they can control their destiny.
- Mass Hysteria (集団ヒステリー Shūdan Hisuterī) is a concept loosely based on real life which affects people throughout the world. When humans imagine something out of anxiety or fear, their collective imaginations and emotions can manifest as surreal creatures, eventually spreading more fear from rumors of mysterious creature sightings.
- The novel relies heavily on a meta-narrative, often making very plot significant allusions to the fact that it is a work of fiction, and frequently hinting at Maijo's other works that contain the same themes.
- JORGE JOESTAR released on September 19, 2012. September 19 can be written as 9-19, which is 九十九 (Tsukumo) in Japanese. The paperback version then released on December 19, 2017. 19 is written as 十九 (Juku) in Japanese. Connecting the two creates Tsukumojuku. 19 is also an important number in one of the JDC books by Ryūsui Seiryōin, called The Simons Case (彩紋家事件 Saimon Kejiken).
- JORGE JOESTAR is referenced in All Star Battle in a mirror match of Kars against himself. Kars quotes the Parallel World version of himself from Chapter 16, stating "I am alive! My body didn't die, but my life is just as weak and fragile as before".
- Despite no official English translation of the novel being available, Jorge Joestar recieved an English fan-translation by BuddyWaters in 2017