Globe-Trotter Travel Guidebook
It released on July 14, 2022 with paperback and digital editions. It was announced on April 1, 2022, with pre-orders available on the same day.
A special collaboration between the popular manga JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and "Globe-Trotter". The birth of the most bizarre adventure guidebook covering the settings of Part 1 to Part 8, from Morioh to all over the world. A long interview with Hirohiko Araki about his travels is also included.
The first printing included a special reversible obi strip.
Table of Contents
- How to use this book (Page 4)
- General Information (Page 6)
- Basic information about the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Hirohiko Araki, and a glossary of key JoJo terms used in the book
- History of the Joestar Family (Page 8)
- A timeline with key events in all eight parts of the series, from 4 billion years ago all the way up to 2011
- Globe-Trotting in Sendai, Morioh Town's Model (Page 18)
- Hirohiko Araki Interview (Page 38)
- Area Guide: Europe (Page 47)
- United Kingdom, Italy
- Walking with Rohan Kishibe at the Louvre Museum (Page 88)
- Area Guide: Asia (Page 95)
- Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia
- Area Guide: Africa (Page 129)
- Hong Kong-Egypt Great Tour! Stardust Crusaders Travel Plan (Page 150)
- Area Guide: America (Page 153)
- United States of America, Mexico
- Learn from JoJo! Travel Preparation and Techniques (Page 185)
- Index (Page 206)
The end of the book contains two fold-out maps. The first map is based on the two Morioh towns from Diamond is Unbreakable and JoJolion. The second is a "JoJo World Map", which displays all of the continents and highlights the countries that are relevant in all parts of the series.
- The author of the book, Akiyo Yura (由良暁世 ゆら・あきよ) says JoJo's Bizarre Adventure influenced her on her love of travelling overseas thanks to its compelling elements of mystery when the story mentions overseas countries.
- Yura adds that the collaboration with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure was part of an initiative to save the Globe-Trotter Travel Guidebook series because book sales were drastically reduced during the COVID-19 pandemic. The proposal for a collaboration was made in March 2021 and the book was published in 2022 as part of the 35th Anniversary of the series, being the first collaboration of the travel guidebook series with a manga. The book was also designed to please the fans of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure by adding various elements from the manga to the pages while conserving the format of the guidebook.