Poco's Sister (ポコの姉 Poko no ane) is an unnamed tertiary ally featured in the first part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Phantom Blood.
As the older sister of Poco, she encourages her younger brother to grow stronger and stand up for himself. After being kidnapped by Dio Brando, she courageously declines the vampire's offer to join him. Instead, she joins the group once Jonathan Joestar protects her from the monstrous Doobie.
Poco's sister is a young British girl with long dark hair. In the manga, she ties her hair into either a ponytail or braided pigtails, whereas in the anime she only has a ponytail. The front of her hair is slightly spiky on the sides and she has two bangs. The bang over her left eyebrow is noticeably thicker. She wears rather plain clothes, consisting of a dress, shawl, and petticoat. She is often shown with a fierce expression.
Poco's sister is a particularly fierce and righteous girl. She would often stand up to Poco's bullies, frightening them away. At one point, she chides and slaps Poco because of his weakness, encouraging him to become less cowardly. Even in front of the terrifying Vampire Dio Brando, she refuses his temptations for immortality and slaps him.
Despite her fierceness and confidence, she also shows a caring side, as while she reprimanded Poco, she also takes care of him after his beatings and risks venturing into the night to look for him.
She first appears in Poco's flashback from when he was bullied by the other boys, who run at the sight of her. She then asks Poco when he will stop being a coward and start fighting back. Upon hearing him answer with "tomorrow", she replies with a slap for his cowardly behavior and takes him back home.
After Poco meets the heroes, they take him home, only to learn from his father that his sister left in the night to search for him. It would turn out that Poco's sister was held captive in the castle by Dio, the vampire noting her age and killing one of his zombie pets for making a lewd comment. Dio proceeds to seduce her into joining his legion of the undead willingly, offering her eternal life and beauty. But the girl slaps him, calling him a monster pretending to be a man.
Dio remains composed and takes his leave, telling the girl that perhaps she prefers the company of his zombie minion Doobie, instead. Just before the monster could kill her, Jonathan appears and saves her. During Jonathan's battle with Dio, she and her brother are protected by Straizo from Page, Jones, Plant, and Bornnam as he and the others eliminate Dio's zombies. After the battle's end, her last appearance is with her brother and the other characters on the port as they wish Jonathan and Erina a good honeymoon.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 33: Pluck for Tomorrow and the Successor, Part 1 (Flashback)
- Chapter 36: The Three from a Faraway Land, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 37: The Three from a Faraway Land, Part 2
- Chapter 39: Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio, Part 1
- Chapter 40: Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio, Part 2
- Chapter 41: Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio, Part 3
- Chapter 44: Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio, Part 6 (Flashback)
- Episode 6: Pluck for Tomorrow (Flashback)
- Episode 7: The Successor
- Episode 8: Bloody Battle! JoJo & Dio
- Episode 9: The Final Ripple!
- “Is pain scary to you? Aren't you more afraid of turning into an adult and still not being able to do anything for yourself? (痛いのってこわい？あんた いつまでも…大人になってもひとりじゃなんにもできない方がもっとこわいとは思わないの？Itai no tte kowai? Anta itsu made mo... otona ni natte mo hitori ja nan'nimo dekinai kata ga motto kowai to wa omowanai no?)”
- “Y- You're an eternally cursed m- monster! (あ…あなたは永遠に呪われているば 化物よ！A... anata wa eien ni norowa rete iru ba, bakemono yo!)”
Phantom Blood (PS2 Game)
Much like the original storyline, her appearance in the game is limited to small roles in cutscenes before and after some battles.