Erina Pendleton (エリナ・ペンドルトン Erina Pendoruton) is a secondary ally featured in the first part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Phantom Blood, as well as in the second part, Battle Tendency, as a tertiary ally.
Erina is introduced as a young girl from Jonathan Joestar's hometown, becoming his love interest after he protects her from two bullies. During the time skip, she grows up to become an active nurse in India, eventually returning home to aid in Jonathan's recovery and marry him shortly after.
Erina Pendleton is a fair-headed young girl, who keeps her hair in a ponytail and is described as pretty. In all of her appearances, Erina is wearing some sort of dress. In each of her adult outfits, she is seen with a jeweled choker.
During Battle Tendency, Erina has aged, though doesn't have many wrinkles despite being in her 70s, and now wears glasses obscuring her eyes. She wears a headdress with a jewel that completely covers her hair, a thick robe, and gloves.
Raised in Victorian England, Erina is a very sweet, caring young woman who is every bit the proper lady. Though polite and gentle in her youth, Erina did show some strength of character: after having her first kiss stolen by Dio Brando she proceeded to wash her mouth without care that the water was from the gutter as an effort to lessen her shame. Nonetheless, she can also have a commanding presence if she wishes. For instance, Speedwagon noted when first meeting her that her eyes were icy cold, making it clear she did not want her treatment of Jonathan to be interrupted.
Erina greatly loved Jonathan throughout her life. Despite being separated from Jonathan for years, Erina took great care of him as soon as she met him again, keeping vigil over him and treating his wounds day and night to the point she'd fall from exhaustion. When Jonathan was mortally wounded, she was ready to die with him and could only be convinced otherwise to save a nearby baby, having great anguish at being separated from the love of her life.
Her twilight years did little to curb that inner fire. Erina is one of the few people capable of tempering her grandson Joseph, while also not betraying her grace and showing deep wisdom. Though significantly more stern, she was still the caring person she had always been. Most notably, in spite of growing up in the racist climate of Victorian England, Erina unhesitatingly befriended Smokey Brown, making her a woman truly ahead of the two prejudiced eras she lived through.
As a nurse, Erina is knowledgeable in tending to wounds, broken bones, and severe burns. Working at her father's hospital, Erina is devoted to treating her patients, especially after Jonathan is severely injured from his fight against Dio.
After wrapping Jonathan's broken bones and wounds in bandages, she tends to Jonathan's burns for three days straight. She persistently soaks a towel in cold water and places it on Jonathan's burns over thousands of times until he regains consciousness. Speedwagon notes that the skin on her hands became purple, cracked, and bleeding due to her devotion.
Erina Pendleton was born around 1869 and lived her childhood in England. As a young girl, Erina was saved by Jonathan from a pair of bullies who took her doll to play with it. Though Jonathan was beaten by the bullies, he left his bloodstained handkerchief behind and left Erina intrigued by his aspiration to become a gentleman. Soon after Dio Brando enters Jonathan's life, Erina becomes Jonathan's girlfriend and the only one to give Jonathan comfort in light of his adopted brother turning everyone else against him.
However, Dio learns of their romance and decides to ruin Jonathan's chance for love by forcefully taking Erina's first kiss. A humiliated Erina responds by washing her lips from water in a muddy puddle causing a furious Dio to then strike her for such a gesture. Regardless, even after Jonathan fights for her honor once learning what happened, Erina feels too ashamed to see him again. Likewise, Jonathan didn't have the courage to contact her after beating Dio. Soon after, she moves with her father to India due to her father's work as a doctor and it seems she's left Jonathan's life.
Marriage with Jonathan
Seven years later, moving back to England and working at the hospital her father is stationed at, Erina sees Jonathan again and tends to his injuries following the events that resulted with the Joestar Mansion burned to the ground. After Jonathan is discharged from the hospital a few days later, Erina remains by his side as they meet Will Anthonio Zeppeli, who uses his Ripple to completely heal Jonathan's body. When Zeppeli reveals that Dio survived the estate burning, Jonathan accepts the offer to learn to use Ripple while deciding to keep a safe distance from Erina for her well being. Once the incident at Windknight's Lot resides with Dio's assumed death, Jonathan returns to Erina and the two marry two months later.
They take a ship to go on their honeymoon to America, but the voyage is cut short by the reappearance of Dio. Erina finds Jonathan as he is fatally wounded by Dio, witnessing her husband use the last of his Ripple to cause the ship to sink. Though Erina intends to die by Jonathan's side, he convinces her to escape with an orphaned infant whose mother has been killed by Dio's actions. Jonathan pushes Erina into Dio's coffin, which shields her from the explosion and acts as a makeshift lifeboat. Ending up near the Canary islands, Erina vowed to tell of her husband's deeds to their unborn child.
After giving birth to George Joestar II, Erina gives the infant she saved to Straizo to raise as his own daughter. Years later, George meets the grown-up Elizabeth, marrying her as they later have a son named Joseph Joestar. But due to George's death by the last of Dio's minions and Elizabeth forced to go into hiding after avenging him, Erina and Speedwagon agree that it would be in Joseph's interests to keep him from the horrors that claimed his grandfather and father. As Joseph later comments, Erina is a strict guardian.
Battle Tendency (1938-1939)
Years later, Erina and Joseph travel to New York on Speedwagon's invitation. Like Joseph, Erina gladly makes Smokey Brown feel welcome as she invites him to a downtown Italian restaurant. On the way, Erina hits Joseph for jokingly insinuating that she and Speedwagon are more than old friends. Once at the restaurant, their dinner is disrupted when a mobster openly making racist comments about Smokey. Erina gives Joseph her permission to teach the man a lesson as long as he does not disrupt the other customers. After the fight, the mobster's companion is revealed to be an associate of Speedwagon who informs them of his death at the hands of Straizo. Looking distressed, Erina comments on how the events that happened 50 years ago seem to be continuing as Joseph assures her he is going nowhere. But Joseph departs for Mexico to investigate the Pillar Men under the pretense of a trip, leaving Erina ignorant of his adventure while telling Speedwagon to not mention anything about it.
Despite Joseph's apparent death from fighting Kars months later and attending his funeral, Erina is delighted to find Joseph still alive while surprised that he married Suzi Q. In the epilogue, Erina is mentioned to have taught English at a school, and died in 1950 at the age of 81, surrounded by her loved ones.
Chapters / Episodes
- “Oh, JoJo, you scoundrel! (まあ！ジョジョったら、いけないひとッ！Mā! JoJo ttara, ikenai hito!)”
- “What is it? This room isn't allowing any visitors. We can look after him well enough. Please come back at a later date... (なにか…この部屋は面会謝絶です。看護はわたくしどもが十分やっております。後日いらしてください…Nanika... Kono heya wa menkai shazetsudesu. Kango wa watakushi-domo ga jūbun yatte orimasu. Gojitsu ira shite kudasai...)”
- “Long time no see, Jonathan Joestar. You're past the dangerous stage, so you should be all right... (おひさしぶりですジョナサン・ジョースター…峠は越しました、もう大丈夫…Ohisashiburidesu Jonasan Jōsutā... Tōge wa koshimashita, mō daijōbu...)”
- “A lone bird... separated from the rest... (渡り鳥が一羽だけ…みんなとはぐれて…Wataridori ga ichi-ba dake... Min'na to hagurete...)”
- “These are tears of happiness, because you are here with me. (この涙は幸福の涙です、あなたがここにいることのKono namida wa kōfuku no namidadesu, anata ga koko ni iru koto no.)”
- “I'm happy that the noble Jonathan Joestar is here in my arms! (誇り高きジョナサン・ジョースターがこの腕の中にいる幸福ですHokori takaki Jonasan Jōsutā ga kono ude no naka ni iru kōfuku desu!)”
- “I don't understand what's happening... This is so beyond me that I don't know whether to cry, or scream, or lose consciousness... But there's one thing I can say. I, Erina Joestar... will die with you. (わたくしにはいったいどんな事態が起こっているのかわかりません…だって想像を超えていて泣けばいいのか叫べばいいのかそれとも気を失えばいいのか分からないのですもの…でも言える事はただ一つ エリナ・ジョースターは…あなたと伴に死にますWatakushi ni wa ittai don'na jitai ga okotte iru no ka wakarimasen... Datte sōzō o koete ite nakeba ī no ka, sakebeba ī no ka, soretomo ki o ushinaeba ī no ka, wakaranai no desu mono... Demo ieru koto wa tada hitotsu. Erina Jōsutā wa... Anata to tomo ni shinimasu.)”
- “H-How is such nobility even possible? You're willing to die, and only to save the life of someone else's child! Your courage can be so cruel! All that I wish for is to die by your side! (ああ！う…美しすぎます！見ず知らずの女性の赤ちゃんを救って非難しろとおっしゃるの？うう…わたしにとってそれは残酷なる勇気！わたくしの最期の希望はあなたと共に死ねることなのに…Ā! U... Utsukushi sugimasu! Mizushirazu no josei no akachan o sukutte hinan shiro to ossharu no? Ū... Watashi ni totte sore wa zankokunaru yūki! Watakushi no saigo no kibō wa anata to tomoni shineru koto na no ni...)”
- “He spent his life in the shadows of history that the world will never know. Society will never know the story of the proud life that he lived... But his descendants will know of it. The new life growing inside me will know of it. (それは世の中の人びとには決して知られることのない影の歴史です…彼の生きた誇り高き人生の物語は世間に聞こえることは決してありませんが…彼の子孫には聞こえるでしょう…あの時…私の体内に宿りつつあった新しい生命にはきっと聞こえるでしょうSore wa yononaka no hitobito ni wa kesshite shira reru koto no nai kage no rekishidesu... Kare no ikita hokori takaki jinsei no monogatari wa seken ni kikoeru koto wa kesshite arimasenga... Kare no shison ni wa kikoerudeshou... Ano toki... Watashi no tainai ni yadoritsutsu atta atarashī seimei ni wa kitto kikoerudeshou.)”
- “Each of us have our own manners but I can't forgive the disrespect to my friends. Take care of him without causing trouble for the other customers! (個人の主義や主張は勝手！ゆるせないのは私どもの友人を公然と侮辱したこと！ほかのお客に迷惑をかけずにきちっとやっつけなさい！Kojin no shugi ya shuchō wa katte! Yurusenai no wa watakushidomo no yūjin o kōzen to bujoku shita koto! Hoka no okyaku ni meiwaku o kakezu ni kichitto yattsukenasai!)”
- “Like Jonathan... Like Speedwagon... Oh... I can't believe it... The madness from fifty years ago... I thought it had come to an end... (ジョナサンと同じように…スピードワゴンと同じように…おお、なんということ…50年も昔のことが…もう終わったと思っていたことが続いているなんて…Jonasan to onajiyō ni... Supīdowagon to onajiyō ni... Ō, nantoiu koto… 50-nen mo mukashi no koto ga... Mō owatta to omotte ita koto ga tsudzuite iru nante...)”
- “Th- That's not it, Joseph... It's about you! It's the destiny you may end up being caught in that frightens me! (ち…ちがうジョセフ…おまえのことだよ…おまえが巻き込まれていく運命のことがこわいのですChi... Chigau Josefu... Omae no kotoda yo... Omae ga makikoma rete iku unmei no koto ga kowai no desu.)”
- “You're safe and so is JoJo... I couldn't be happier. Also, to hear he's going to travel around Italy for a month... Could JoJo have found a wonderful girlfriend? I'd like that boy to be happy. (あなたもご無事…孫の
JOJOも無事…それは なによりのことですわ…そしてひと月もイタリアを観光してまわるなんて… JOJOったら誰かすてきなガールフレンドでも見つけたんじゃあございませんこと？あの子には幸せになってもらいたいものAnata mo go buji... Mago no JoJo mo buji... Sore wa nani yori no kotodesu wa... Soshite hitotsuki mo Itaria o kankō shite mawaru nante… JoJo ttara dare ka sutekina gārufurendo demo mitsuketa n ja agozaimasen koto? Ano ko ni wa shiawase ni natte moraitai mono.)”
- “Go ahead, Lisa Lisa, cry as much as you need. It's a very sad thing. It's hard for me, as well. We've lived together your whole life, and it's been such fun. We've been so happy. I've grown to love you like my own daughter. And I promise that will never change. Remember that always, Lisa Lisa. Know that I will always love you.”
- “Elizabeth. You are only sixteen. A little girl like you should never attempt to speak of matters of the heart as if she could possibly understand. You know nothing, yet. At the least, you have no idea what there was between myself and Jonathan, and what remains between us today.”
- “Hold your tongue. You are no longer human, and have no right to speak that way to me. Not that you had any right to speak to me when you were human. You spoke and lived and behaved like a gentleman on the surface, but you never were one. You have an inferiority complex about your impoverished origins, and that prevents you from improving yourself as a human. Let me tell you, Dio Brando. Your poverty did not make you a villain. Your relationship with your parents did not make you what you are. Lack of education or wealth had no bearing. You were doomed by your own inability to look beyond the surface of anything, by your shallow mind, and by your overwhelming self-importance.”
- “So? You planned to be a parasite on my son and grandson, purely to fulfill your own desires? Such a shallow way of thinking, and yet you actually have the nerve to brag about it. Even your father had the sense to behave himself in front of my father-in-law.”
- “You still fly into a rage at the thought of him? All this time and you're still trapped by your parent's curse. You've lived more than long enough to grow up, but you refuse to take responsibility for anything. If you had the time to steal glimpses of my heir's lives, you should have spent some time reflecting on your own life.”
Erina appears as an old woman (her Part 2 appearance) in Area 3 at the port town, after beating the area's boss. She offers some minor information to the player.
Phantom Blood (PS2)
Erina is presented in cutscenes throughout the game that reflect the original story.
Eyes of Heaven (PS3/PS4)
Erina appears as a support character in Eyes of Heaven, having one voice line.
Stardust Shooters (Android/iOS)
- Main article: Stardust Shooters/Erina Pendleton
Her "Jonathan & Erina (Wedding)", "Growing Feelings", and "Devoted Caregiving" units are equippable only. They cannot be set as a member of the team, but their abilities can be used when equipped to another unit.
- Diamond Gacha (October 2019)
- 3rd Anniversary Shop
- Diamond Gacha (December 2019)
- "Trick Battle - New Friends 2 -" Difficulty "Extreme" Drop Reward (July 2015)
- Available in That Blood's Fate Campaign (September 2015)
Diamond Records (Android/iOS)
- Main article: Diamond Records/Erina Pendleton
Erina Pendleton (エリナ・ペンドルトン Erina Pendoruton) appears in Diamond Records as a 4 star assist character in both the Action Battle and Tactical Battle game modes. Her only statue is 'Courage' type.
Like all assist characters, when the active assists link together, her assist ability may provide extra effects (Action Battle mode only).
All-Star Battle R (Various)
- “Aah... I wish today would never end!”
- “Erina Joestar will die by your side.”
- “Oh my! What a romantic...!”
- “The person who Jonathan Joestar was... has vanished into the void.”
- “That's a dark secret of history that nobody in the world knows anything about.”
- “You won't hear people on the street talking about him. About what a proud man he was. But...”
- “His descendants will tell the stories.”
- “And when the time comes... I'm sure the new life within me will tell the stories, too.”
Erina is a secondary ally in the light novel JORGE JOESTAR. Throughout the novel, she gives motherly advice to George, Lisa Lisa, and Penelope de la Rosa, helping them grow stronger. According to George, she has a way of saying things that were so right that he couldn't argue, make excuses, or disobey without feeling like he was in the wrong.
After the ship's explosion in 1889, the coffin that Erina was hiding in landed into the ocean. Erina opened the lid of the box to check if there was anyone floating in the water that she could save, when she saw a hand attempt to grab her arm from under the box. As she attempted to close the lid, Erina saw Dio's terrifying face floating on the water. Dio had escaped from Jonathan's grip as the explosion hit and stolen his body. He then impaled Jonathan's feet on a stick of wood embedded on the side of the box, allowing him to travel together with the coffin. When Erina opened the lid, Dio managed to grab Lisa Lisa out of the coffin and cradled the baby by his chest, using her as a hostage. Dio offered to spare Lisa Lisa if Erina offered her blood to him. As Erina could not refuse, Dio handed back Lisa Lisa and drank a lot of blood from Erina without restraint.
Erina could hear Dio struggling in pain that night, thrashing against the water and the coffin. As a nurse, Erina knew Jonathan's body would have been rejecting the foreign tissue of Dio's head. Before the sun rose, Dio knocked on the lid and asked to drink Erina's blood once more. In order to keep Erina's body healthy, Dio caught a fist full of fish. Using his Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, he then cooked the fish on a floating piece of ship debris near the coffin. Erina took some fish, chewed it, and then fed it to the baby Lisa Lisa. Noticing Erina wasn't eating any herself, Dio remarked that Erina should keep the baby within her womb healthy as well, which shocked Erina as she did not yet realize that she was pregnant. Erina began eating while Dio drank the sea water and converted it from salt water to fresh water using his vampiric abilities. He then slipped his fingers into Erina and Lisa Lisa's arms to inject water into their bodies. Dio was about to go back into the water and hide underneath the coffin before the sun rose but Erina had realized the coffin had two compartments and told him to get in the bottom layer. However, Dio realized Erina's scheme was to have an easier advantage over Dio, as him being in the bottom compartment would allow Erina to easily lift the lid and have the sun shine on him. Dio threatened Erina for attempting to fool him and drained more of her blood as punishment. As further punishment, Dio pushed Erina into the bottom compartment of the coffin and took Lisa Lisa with him into the top compartment, threatening to eat her if Erina tried something stupid.
Dio then flipped the box and later used a mysterious power to kill a bird that was sitting on top of the coffin. After he roasted it, he offered it to Erina, who wondered how Dio managed to open the lid and prepare the meal without entering the sunlight. Over time, Dio started becoming unstable as he verbally harassed and violently tortured Erina. For hours, he would go on about how Erina was useless and it was her fault Jonathan died. When Erina would start crying, Dio changed his tone and acted gentle to keep Erina off balance. When Erina started apologizing, Dio thought she was mocking him and used his invisible power to drag Erina out of the coffin and threw her into the water. She would nearly drown and then Dio would use his power to pull her back into the coffin. This went on for days, and Dio would drink her blood in between. Each time, Erina would be near death but Dio would revive her by feeding her enough to restore what he drank. Although she only heard his voice the whole time without seeing him, Erina felt like his tool after the torture. She lost her sense of reality and even agreed to marry him after the constant manipulation.
One night, Dio opened the lid of the box and appeared in front of Erina. His wounds were almost completely healed from drinking Erina's blood. Seeing the vampire, Erina finally realized that this man was Dio Brando and not her owner, and she was Erina Joestar. Dio asked Erina to give her new husband a kiss, but Erina had reclaimed her sense of self and remarked that there's no muddy water to wash her mouth with afterwards. Erina realized Dio hadn't changed in the past ten years, and he must have been torturing Erina because he wanted Jonathan to see it, so Jonathan should be somewhere nearby. She knew Dio wouldn't leave Jonathan's head behind on the ship because of his obsessive nature. Believing Jonathan was by her side even if he had become a zombie, Erina was no longer afraid of Dio. After pointing out that Dio was doomed by his shallow mind and overwhelming self-importance, he throws her into the sea out of anger, where she manages to find Jonathan's head hidden under the debris near the coffin. If he had actually become a zombie and was watching everything, Erina knew it was her duty as his wife to kill him so he wouldn't suffer any more.
Erina quickly swam towards Jonathan's head, only to find that his head did not appear to be a zombie, and miraculously still looked alive without decaying. Dio worriedly pulled Erina out of the water with his mysterious power, exclaiming that Jonathan would eat her because he also believed Jonathan became a zombie. Confused as to why Jonathan wasn't doing anything to Erina, Dio wonders how long Jonathan would continue pursuing him. Erina refused to let Dio harm Jonathan's head and grabbed a piece of driftwood, which she then stabbed into the side of her neck. After seeing Dio's shock, Erina laughed in relief before losing consciousness, knowing that Dio couldn't let her die. Erina woke up after receiving blood from Dio, who also stitched her wound using knowledge he learned from various books he previously read. Dio had ended up giving Erina as much blood as he had drank from her, leaving him even weaker than he was before he first confronted Erina.
For the first time, Erina realized just how lonely Dio was. Erina could have killed Dio then, but she felt pity for him and placed him into the bottom compartment of the coffin. She eventually was rescued by a ship, and had the fisherman weigh the coffin down and sink it. She started to live in the Canary Islands, raising both Lisa Lisa and her son George Joestar II for the next eleven years. At some point she got in contact with Robert E. O. Speedwagon, Straizo, and her father, Graham Pendleton. Straizo officially adopted Lisa Lisa, but let her stay with Erina until she was old enough to train. Erina became the majority shareholder of the Speedwagon Foundation and started her own trading company in La Palma named Star Mark Tradings.
One day, George comes home crying after being bullied by Antonio Torres and his gang of friends. Erina gives him a stern talk, informing him that Lisa Lisa will be leaving them to go live in Italy with her adopted father Straizo, when she turns twelve. Lisa Lisa starts crying but Erina consoles her. While George refuses to accept it at first, a strong speech from Erina and seeing Lisa Lisa cry for the first time convinces him to be brave. The next morning Antonio is found murdered and his friend, Julio Gonzales, goes to Erina's house to tell her that either George or Lisa Lisa did it.
On Christmas, Straizo and the other Ripple warriors come over for dinner. Erina cries during the party as it is her last day with Lisa Lisa. The next morning, she and George say goodbye to Lisa Lisa and Straizo.
In 1904, Erina decides to hire a tutor for George after seeing him interested in a science book. George decides to ask a girl named Penelope de la Rosa to be his tutor and goes to visit her. George invites Penelope to his house only to realize that the door of his house is suddenly locked. He wonders why Erina would shut them out, until Erina tells George to run because a clown is inside. George kicks the door down and directly sees the clown for himself. He swings a chair at it causing the clown to vanish by shattering into pieces. Erina tells George to calm down, realizing that Penelope is the one who was creating the clown somehow, as a means of protecting herself. The clown suddenly returns, locking them inside by wedging a heavy table under the doorknob. George realizes that the clown has a long white thread dangling from its hip, leading all the way to Penelope's dress. George calmly moves aside the table and exits the house, calming Penelope down. Later, George tries explaining Penelope's power to her mother but her mother thinks Penelope is possessed by the devil. Erina decides to let Penelope live with them and hires her to work in the La Palma office of Erina's trading company, as well as to be George's tutor.
Until Penelope stops being scared, Erina forces George to walk with Penelope to work. One day in February, six months after Penelope moved in, Straizo visits Erina since he had business on the island. The two sip tea together in silence until Lisa Lisa, George, and Penelope arrive home. Lisa Lisa tells Erina that it's time for her to tell George the truth about what happened to his father, Jonathan. Erina then describes the life of Jonathan and Dio Brando, leading to Jonathan's eventual death on their honeymoon. Lisa Lisa questions if Erina had actually brought Dio's head to the island. Although George says Lisa Lisa is being ridiculous, Erina breaks her silence by saying it wasn't Dio's head, bur rather her husband's, Jonathan's. Erina takes George and Lisa Lisa to a secret room in her basement where she shows them Jonathan's head, still looking as if it was alive.
Before Erina could begin telling her story, Lisa Lisa grows impatient and asks Erina if she saved Dio back then. Lisa Lisa had gone to England researching about Dio Brando's life. She went to the remains of the Joestar mansion and talked to people in town, who told her about Jonathan, Erina, and Dio. To Lisa Lisa's surprise, Dio was the most popular person in town and half of the town's citizens still believed he was innocent. People believed that Dio never had a girlfriend despite being popular with the ladies because he loved Erina. Erina emotionally scolds Lisa Lisa, saying that a little sixteen year old girl like her should never attempt to speak about matters such as love as if she could understand. She quickly calms down, realizing Lisa Lisa couldn't understand since Erina hasn't told them anything yet.
After telling a detailed story of what happened to her in the coffin, Erina claims that her sin was letting Dio Brando remain alive. Erina had hope that as long as Dio was still alive, Jonathan's body would also be alive, and she did not want to lose the chance to get his body back one day. When they go back upstairs, Penelope tells them about a case of mass hysteria. Deducing that these incidents happened because of their presence on the island, Erina decides that she and George should move to England with Penelope.
After arriving in England, Erina, Penelope, and George start to grow accustomed to their new lives. Their neighbors would snidely remark about Erina, being surprised that she survived and finally returned home, but never actually lived in the Joestar manor before. They make rumors about Erina and Speedwagon because he's a bachelor and helped Erina rebuild the mansion after it burned down. They state that it's been too long since Erina's wedding for her to reenter society, and her son doesn't really fit in with the others. Then they started asking Erina to describe her life on the Canary Islands. Having enough of her neighbors, Erina starts commuting to London instead of staying home. Her father, Graham Pendleton, had a hospital in the city but he had retired and the hospital is now run by someone else. However, Erina and Graham owns the controlling interest in the stock. Erina starts her own company not far from the hospital, transferring her headquarters of the Star Mark Trading Company that she founded in the Canary Islands to London. The original office remains, and additional ships from England increases the volume that her company could trade. Her company purchases goods in Spain to sell in England, steadily increasing her profits. Penelope and Erina are both happy working at their company.
Soon, Erina and Penelope are informed that Kenton Motorize was murdered on a cliff by the coast. George's airplane and a knife bearing the Joestar Family crest were found on the crime scene. This made him a prime suspect without question. At the same time, George had disappeared, though it is revealed that he was mysteriously teleported to Rome with Lisa Lisa around the time of the murder. George calls back home after borrowing a phone from the Ripple warriors and Erina informs him of the situation in tears.
George is immediately arrested after going home, and Erina and Penelope visit him in jail. While they are concerned at first, they are relieved once they find out George isn't too upset. Erina tries her best to get George out of jail but to no avail. After the police report is finished, he is allowed to go back home, and Erina and Penelope welcome him. Erina still tries to prove George's innocence and hires an amazing lawyer, but the trial goes on for some time. He can't go to school while the trial is going on, so he has more free time and asks to get his driver's license. George would normally have to wait one more year before he could get his license, but Erina didn't care much and lets George do as he pleased. She buys him a Rover 8 car and asks her chauffeur to teach him how to drive.
After George graduates from Hugh Hudson High, Erina and Penelope plead with him to go to college but he refuses. She later informs George that his friend Steven Motorize is in France, but she doesn't know much more.
Darlington Motorize visits their house one day to inform George that he has the opportunity to accept a plea bargain. As he thinks about accepting the plea bargain, Erina lectures George to not give up. Giving up would mean ruining the reputation of their family and their companies, as well as betraying the faith of his family and friends. Erina's words rekindle George's resolve and he becomes determined to find the real killer.
Antonio Torres turns several English soldiers into zombies. Worried for his mother's safety, George calls Erina at work and tells her to go back home and hide with Penelope. Erina also informs him that she just saw several English planes fly off.
Four years later, Erina tells George that Lisa Lisa is in Switzerland because he wanted to visit her. Soon she receives news that Lisa Lisa is pregnant, and is extremely happy along with Penelope and Speedwagon. Erina, Penelope, and Lisa Lisa create all the wedding plans, deciding that Lisa Lisa and George should get married after their child is born.
After George seemingly dies on the day of his wedding, Penelope protects Erina from the invasion of zombies. A "Jorge Joestar" from another universe arrives at their house along with his universe's Narancia Ghirga. Penelope tells them that she doesn't know what's going on with the island and asks them to leave but Erina arrives to greet her guests. As Jorge talks to Erina, three zombies appear behind them but Penelope entraps them with her Wound ability. Jorge wonders how Erina could tell that he was Japanese, so Erina reveals that she's been running a trading company for some time and Jorge's soft smile that's particular to Japanese culture reminded her of Japanese people that she had done business with. Jorge explains about Tsukumojuku and how quite a lot had happened.
After Jorge mentions that they're going to London to find the 'Way to Heaven', Penelope asks to come with them. Erina has doubts but Penelope convinces Erina to let her go, believing the whole mess to be her fault since she made Great Britain into a giant locked room. Penelope promises to bring back Elizabeth with her and the two hug. She also apologizes that Erina will have to take care of Joseph on her own now. Hearing the name of his adoptive grandfather, Jorge asks to see the baby Joseph, despite Jorge's grandfather being the son of Jodoh Joestar and Maria Urias Zeppeli. Suddenly, Kars appears beside Jorge, interested in seeing his archenemy as a baby. Erina and Penelope protectively jump in between Kars and Joseph, but Kars declares that he has no intention of harming the baby because history may be altered. After Penelope leaves, Erina remains protected by Penelope's ability.
Jorge loans his U-Boat DISC to Penelope, who makes the trip back to Wastewood to bring Erina to the second universe's Trinity Church. She confronts Dio one last time. Erina fuels Dio's anger, stating that even Dario Brando had the sense to behave in front of George Joestar I, whereas Dio is still trapped by his parent's curse after a century and refuses to take responsibility for anything.
With the power of Jorge's Beyond, he manages to revive Jonathan by placing his head on top of the Saint's Corpse, which was actually Jonathan's original body after Dio split into pieces during his battle with Kars. Erina wraps her shawl around Jonathan's waist so he wouldn't be naked. Jonathan revives and suddenly starts laughing, claiming that he is actually Dio since Dio had given him his blood after cutting off Jonathan's head on the boat. Everybody is shocked aside from Erina who could tell that he is joking. She scolds him by saying he should at least thank everyone for their help instead of joking like that.
Dissatisfied from his constant losses, Dio declares he does not want to associate with the Joestars anymore and vanishes into the darkness of the stairs behind him. Erina and Jonathan have a tearful reunion. Erina hesitates mentioning what happened to their son, George II, and Jonathan looks confused. He had figured out that George was hiding inside a parallel world within the body of the 37th universe's Jorge. George leaps out of the parallel world and reunites with his family, as they share a group hug.
Meanwhile, Erina notices Lucy staring at her. They mention how their maiden names are both Pendleton and discuss how it is important to keep faith. The two are glad they could meet each other and tears run down Lucy's cheeks, although she doesn't know why.
- Unlike the rest of the characters in Part 1, Erina is given a Japanese name instead of an English one. The origin of Erina's name possibly comes from "Eleanor" (エリナー Erinā), which is spelled similarly in Japanese. In Diamond Records, Erina is also internally labeled as "Eleanor" within the game's files.