Diamond is Unbreakable - Episode 20
Yukako Yamagishi is depressed as she doesn't know how to reconcile with Koichi. She then meets Aya Tsuji, a beautician who claims that her work can help Yukako capture Koichi's love.
Yukako, unable to approach Koichi, is depressed. She stumbles upon the Cinderella Beauty Salon. Aya Tsuji, a beautician by trade, invites her inside, explaining that physiognomy affects how one is loved by people, and claims that she can improve Yukako's face, and by extension her love life. Yukako is skeptical but has nothing to lose, thus accepts a 30 minutes trial. When she closes her eyes, the beautician summons her Stand Cinderella and modifies her face.
In the streets, Yukako coincidentally meets Koichi, who wishes to put aside their past fight and make peace, to Yukako's joy. Koichi is enthralled by Yukako's change in appearance and can hardly look at her. Although Koichi and Yukako go as far as touching each other's hand, the time limit has passed. Koichi begins to have stomachaches and runs away. Dismayed, Yukako rushes back to Aya's salon and demands to be upgraded further. Aya accepts to modify Yukako's whole body, but drawing a parallel with the story of Cinderella, warns her that she would need to use a special lipstick every 30 minutes from now on. Yukako accepts. Meanwhile, Koichi suddenly feels better, and noticing that he is holding Yukako's bag, runs back to give it to her. When he sees Yukako, Koichi's heart is enthralled by her beauty. However, Rohan Kishibe appears and pressures him into following him. Yukako, who pictured both of them having an intimate moment, is taken aback. Finally, events conspire to make them hug each other; Yukako and Koichi share a passionate kiss as the time limit of 30 minutes passes.
Several days later, Koichi finds it strange that after their kiss, Yukako never contacted him again. In the streets, he sees a woman resembling Yukako, but the hideous woman denies being her. However, it is indeed Yukako, who then crashes Aya's salon, ordering her to fix her face. However, Aya reveals that Yukako's face is gone forever and her features begin to progressively disappear as a result of tampering with Fate. Koichi suddenly enters the salon, having recognized Yukako by her personality alone. Impressed, Aya decides to give Yukako a second chance and spawns several faces, saying that she can choose whichever feels like hers, but choosing incorrectly would make her incredibly ugly forever.
The truth is that had Aya lied, and that none of the faces belonged Yukako; only if she realizes this would Aya fix her face. Yukako is unable to decide, and asks Koichi to choose for her, saying that she will be satisfied with his choice, surprising Aya. Furthermore, when Koichi requests to be blinded in case Yukako ends up ugly to ease her pain, Aya is so moved by the couple's love for each other that she restores Yukako's features anyways. Everyone ends up happy.
Ko Seoung Woon
Cha Myoung Jun
Kwon Hyun Ae
Kang Sul A
Kim Tae Soo
Kim GI Poong
Ryu Se Hyeong
KO SEOUNG WOON
CHA MYOUNG JUN
KWON HYUN AE
KANG SUL A
KIM TAE SOO
KIM GI POONG
RYU SE HYEONG
Lee Byung Seok
Kim Seok Yong
Kim Moon Su
Yang Seong Won
Kang Sul A
Lee Zan Di
Kwon Hyun Ae
KANG SUL A
LEE ZAN DI
KWON HYUN AE
Eim Suk Yong
Kim Min Jung
Ku Ja Chun
KU JA CHUN
- Since this episode takes place before Yoshikage Kira Just Wants to Live Quietly rather than afterwards, Yukako sees Koichi and runs away only to happen upon Salon Cinderella. Originally, Yukako sits at Cafe Deux Maggot until Joseph convinces her to visit the salon in order to find love.
- During the scene where everyone shows up to interfere, further dialogue from Joseph towards Yukako is also omitted. Yukako's left eye twitching is added.
- Dialogue depicting Yukako meeting two children talking about having a lover and Koichi talking about Angelo Rock's growing fame at Rengatei is added.
- When Yukako goes to meet up with Koichi after her first try at Aya's salon, she has an inner monologue where she doubts the ability of the makeup to bring her luck.
- Yukako cutting in line to grab a taxi and using her powers to tie a man's hand to a pole is cut.
- When Koichi and Yukako bump into each other after Yukako first tries out Aya's salon, Koichi mentions he doesn't want her to feel bad about what happened before partially because the two are stand users and should get along, although this part is omitted.
- Like previous episodes, the café Deux Magots is replaced by Rengatei, but strangely Koichi and Yukako's first date takes place at "Deux Maigots".
- When Aya examines Yukako's body, it omits her analysis of Yukako's hand lines.
- Cuts why Yukako does not apply the lipstick; the manga reveals that it was because it happens during her kissing Koichi.
- When Josuke nearly falls out the window, his Stand now helps him to get back up.
- A scene showing Yoshikage Kira walking past Salon Cinderella with a St. Gentleman's bag is added.
- The faces proposed by Cinderella to Yukako are still while the manga had them in movement.
In other languages
|Japanese||山岸由花子はシンデレラに憧れる||Yukako Yamagishi Dreams of Cinderella|
|English||Yukako Yamagishi Dreams of Cinderella|
|Spanish||Yukako Yamagishi, aspirante a Cenicienta||Yukako Yamagishi, Aspiring Cinderella|
|Portuguese||Yukako Yamagishi Sonha em Ser Cinderela||Yukako Yamagishi Dreams of Becoming Cinderella|
|French||Yukako Yamagishi rêve de devenir Cendrillon||Yukako Yamagishi Dreams of Becoming Cinderella|
|German||Yukako Yamagishi träumt von Cinderella||Yukako Yamagishi Dreams of Cinderella|
|Arabic||يوكاكو ياماغيشي تحلم بسندريلّا||Yukako Yamagishi Dreams of Cinderella|
|Italian||Yukako Yamagishi come Cenerentola||Yukako Yamagishi as Cinderella|
The narrative thread is obviously the love story between Koichi and Yukako. Koichi seems cooler than ever and we come to appreciate Yukako's crazy personality a little more. She seems more humane than before and I can honestly say that I don’t hate her...though it’s not like I want to be her friend either (laughs)…
Aya Tsuji’s first appearance goes hand in hand with Sayaka’s Oohara’s first time behind the mic, which after recording, we can confirm was a correct casting choice. She has a certain charm that goes perfectly with the character.
The decorated scenes in the style of Alphonse Mucha are the result of Mr. Soejima’s work, he’s the one in charge of the layouts. The results exceeded in surpassing my most optimistic expectations and I think that we can all be satisfied with how they turned out.Note that Morioh’s sky is truly blue in this episode. In a way, it marks Yukako's change of heart.
- The episode frequently uses frames featuring an art-style mimicking the illustrations of classic fairy tales, such as Cinderella. This style is known as Art Nouveau.
- After Yukako attacks Aya, Aya's Shadow is presented in the form of the Pumpkin Carriage from Cinderella.