Eijkman is one of the only five knights to survive and win the trial of the 77 Rings. He is omitted in the anime adaptation, but appears as a playable character in the Phantom Blood PlayStation 2 game with an original design.
In the video game, Eijkman appears as a man with an athletic build and blue lipstick. He has blue neck-length hair with bangs. He wears a wide-collar turtleneck sweater cut above the navel, a chestplate, and shoulderplates.
In the manga, it is unknown which knight is specifically Eijkman. However, it is possible that he is the large knight drawn in the front due to the character wielding a halberd.
His personality in the manga is unknown, as he was only mentioned. In the video game, he is particularly loyal to Dio Brando, who revived him. He has voice clips stating that everything is for his lord Dio's sake. Eijkman is described in the game's Profile Mode as a knight who, true to his name, is known for his shining spears and quick movements.
In 1389, Eijkman is the second knight to survive and successfully complete the challenge of the 77 Rings. He goes down in history as a legendary knight alongside Winzaleo, Caineghis, Bruford, and Tarkus.
Five hundred years later, Eijkman is revived by Dio Brando along with the other winners of the 77 Rings challenge. Following Dio's orders, Winzaleo, Eijkman, Caineghis, and Wang Chan sneak aboard a ship headed to America. After Dio takes over Father Styx's body, he summons the three zombie knights to defeat Jonathan Joestar for him.
In the end, Jonathan defeats him along with the other knights.
- “In the name of the Lightning Knight! (稲妻の騎士の名にかけて！Inazuma no kishi no na ni kakete!)”
- “The killing blow! (必殺の一撃！Hissatsu no ichigeki!)”
- “For the sake of my lord! (我があるじのために！Waga aruji no tame ni!)”
- “It's all for Lord Dio's sake. (すべてはディオ様のためにSubete wa Dio-sama no tame ni)”
- “Where are you looking? (どこ見てる？Doko mi teru?)”
- “Perish! (滅せよ！Messeyo!)”
- “Too slow! (遅い！Osoi!)”
Creation and Development
The three knights were added in the final battle of the game because the game producer thought Wang Chan wouldn't be a good final boss if he remained completely accurate to the story. However, he didn't want to completely stray away from JoJo's story, so Araki gave him various ideas.
- Ironically, Caineghis, Eijkman, and Winzaleo are not playable in the PS2 game's 77 Rings Knights Mode, as they appear in the mode as the 33rd, 55th, and 77th enemies respectively.