Enrico Pucci ★ Video Games
A summary of Enrico Pucci's history and movesets in video games.
Pucci makes his first video game appearance in All Star Battle and is the only villain playable from Part 6, voiced by Shou Hayami, who had voiced another follower of DIO, Vanilla Ice in the Capcom fighting game. He was confirmed for the game alongside Dio Brando (Part 1).
Along with Hol Horse, Kosaku-Kira, Johnny Joestar, Koichi Hirose and Giorno Giovanna, Pucci is a character who can utilize more than one Stand during a match as part of his moveset and is the only character who can utilize three Stands. As one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Pucci can turn his Stands on/off, changing movesets, as well as having access to the Stand Rush ability returning from the Capcom game, being able to attack in conjunction with C-Moon only.
Available to Pucci at all times, regardless of his current Stand:
- Pierced through the finger: Having stuck a cross under his index finger's nail, Pucci stabs with it at slightly enhanced ranged. Pucci's moves can be performed instantly following this move. (Comboable)
- I order you!: Pucci throws a DISC at the opponent as a projectile. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Throw - Weep at your own weakness!: Pucci grabs the opponent by the neck and slams their face into his knee, before throwing them away.
Pucci begins the battle with Whitesnake.
- Green Baby Gauge: Exclusive to Pucci and relevant to him for as long as he has Whitesnake. 14 rhombus units are displayed above the Heart Heat Gauge. When one is filled, it turns from grey-white to purple, and filling all of them up will evolve Whitesnake into C-Moon.
While Whitesnake is off:
- 14 words: Pucci pulls out the Green Baby and begins speaking the fourteen words to it in order to progress towards evolving Whitesnake into C-Moon. When this skill is activated, some of the HHG is consumed, but subsequent words spoken to the baby within the same use do not expend any of the HHG. Pucci is left open to attack while this skill is in effect, but can Puttsun Cancel to reduce this weakness.
- You shall be crucified!: Pucci summons Whitesnake to chop at the opponent. If it connects, the opponent is knocked down, and Whitesnake chops them again. This move cannot be Cancelled once Whitesnake begins its second chop. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
While Whitesnake is on:
- Die!: Whitesnake lashes out at the opponent in a 5-hit combo, leaving them crumpling. This move is shared with C-Moon. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- It's mine!: A Throw. Whitesnake swings forward, and if it connects, will pick the opponent up and take their DISC as it throws them.
- An illusion: A counter. Pucci and Whitesnake pose, and if struck by a non-Throw/HHA/GHA, they will put the opponent under an illusion and teleport behind them, leaving them crumpling and open to attack. Each character has a unique animation for falling victim to this move as well, similar to Giorno Giovanna's HHA. (Comboable)
Pucci's HHA, "So it was already done...", is only available with Whitesnake. Pucci and Whitesnake fly forward at the opponent. If they connect, Whitesnake will steal the opponent's DISC and roundhouse-kick them away.
When Pucci steals the opponent's DISC via "It's mine!" or his HHA, abilities pertaining to their Style and the Style Button are locked away in the form of "the DISC"; Ripple Users cannot use "Ripple Breath", nor enhance their skills; Dio Brando cannot use "I'll suck you dry!"; The Pillar Men cannot activate their respective Modes; Stand Users cannot summon their Stands; Mounted Style Users cannot call for their horses. "The DISC" will be in Pucci's possession until the opponent hits him, causing it to drop in front of him. Pucci can retrieve the DISC to keep the opponent's Style locked, or the opponent can pick it up and restore their abilities.
If Pucci fills the Green Baby Gauge completely by way of the use of the "14 words", the Green Baby will fuse with Whitesnake, evolving it into C-Moon as a special animation plays. Pucci's appearance is altered and his abilities will change accordingly.
- Turn you inside-out!: This skill automatically activates when moves marked with a star lands. The opponent is directly hit by C-Moon's gravity-altering effects, and they slowly lose health as their bodies are turned inside-out. While in effect, the opponent's torso has blood continuously seeping out.
- My body is the basis!: A counter. Pucci and C-Moon pose and is struck by a non-Throw/HHA/GHA, C-Moon alters gravity to make the opponent fall away from Pucci, sending them into the stage wall.
While C-Moon is off:
- Begone!: Pucci summons C-Moon forward to hit the ground, sending debris flying upward and knocking the opponent into the air if they are hit. This move doubles as an anti-air. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
While C-Moon is on:
- Die!: C-Moon lashes out at the opponent in a 5-hit combo, leaving them crumpling. This move is shared with Whitesnake. (Comboable)
- Only need one punch!: C-Moon performs a devastating uppercut that sends the opponent flying. This move is marked with a star. A Stand Rush skill that Pucci can disconnect from to attack the opponent while it is executing.
- Now you've lost both arms!: After a short delay, C-Moon punches it fists together. If the opponent is caught, they will be left crumpling to the ground and open to attack. This move is unblockable and marked with a star. A Stand Rush skill that Pucci can disconnect from to attack the opponent while it is executing. (Comboable)
Pucci's GHA, "Made in Heaven", is only available with C-Moon. Pucci, using C-Moon's gravity-altering ability, attempts to float on debris skyward. If uninterrupted, bright light with bathe Pucci completely, shining out of different parts of his body including his eyes. In a bright flash, Made in Heaven comes out of him, and Pucci and his newfound Stand quickly zip around the sky in streaks of light before landing, prepared to fight.
Made in Heaven
After evolving his Stand into Made in Heaven, the stage will move into outer space, with the stage walls and background being a road made out of light representing the rapidly changing universe, making this the only possible stage to be played without being a regular stage. Pucci enters "Made in Heaven Mode". In this mode, the battle timer will tick twice as fast, Pucci will move at double his speed, and the opponent's own speed is halved, effectively leaving Pucci moving at four times the speed of his opponent.
While Pucci can turn Made in Heaven off, it will only leave him with his regular attacks; All of Pucci's new moves are only available when Made in Heaven is on.
- Here it comes!: Pucci and Made in Heaven charge toward the opponent at incredible speed, before unleashing a dual-swipe that knocks them into the air. (Comboable)
- Where is he?!: Pucci and Made in Heaven flash and reappear right behind the opponent's back in an instant. (Comboable)
- The knives!: This move can only be performed in mid-air. Pucci and Made in Heaven throw five knives downward. The knives' appearance are similar to those thrown by DIO. (Comboable)
Made in Heaven is not entirely infallible. If he is somehow struck by Kosaku-Kira's Bites the Dust GHA, Pucci's Stand will revert all the way back to Whitesnake, the stage will be restored back to what it was. Although Pucci is still able to regain C-Moon, Made in Heaven can only be activated once per battle, being permanently unavailable after Kosaku's GHA takes effect, or the round ends. Special animations performed by the opponent such as Throws, HHA, and GHA, temporarily return them to normal speed until the animation in question ends. Due to the quickened timer, it is not uncommon for the round to end via time-up.
Pucci possesses one alternate costume, being the attire he wore as a 15-year old during his flashback talking to DIO. Alongside the others characters from Part 6, Pucci has a special intro against DIO, the same conversation they had in a flashback where DIO claimed that Pucci could easily steal DIO's Stand DISC, and The World with it.
For the western version, he was named "Father Pucchi" and his Stands' names were changed to "Pale Snake", "Full Moon", and "Maiden Heaven", respectively.
Pucci also appears as a background character at the Green Dolphin Street Prison stage and if the opponent were to be defeated near the gate where Pucci is standing, his Whitesnake will appear as a Situation Finish and steal the loser's Stand/Memory DISC similar to the chapter scene when Whitesnake obtains Jotaro's Stand DISC from Jolyne. This is assuming that Pucci himself is not one of the two fighters, otherwise, he will not appear and the Situation Finish is unavailable.
Pucci with Whitesnake (simply "Enrico Pucci") was confirmed as a playable character alongside Jolyne, Ermes, and Weather Report. Whitesnake is unable to evolve, unlike the previous game. As a result, his move set is primarily based around the powers and attacks demonstrated before his merging with the Green Baby. Whitesnake Pucci cannot be paired with his New Moon form.
As a Stand User, Pucci is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle. Opponents hit by Pucci's various skills will be Sealed. While Sealed, they will randomly lose access to one of their skills. This effect can be applied multiple times, up to four; this translates to an opponent losing three of their normal skills and one of an EX skill. Also of note is that Pucci by default is immune to the effects of Weather Report's "The Devil's Rainbow! It's Heavy Weather!" skill.
- Style Action - Whitesnake!: Pucci sends out Whitesnake to attack. This causes Whitesnake to temporarily detach from Pucci's control, not unlike a Stand Rush from All Star Battle. After moving a certain distance, Whitesnake will perform a Normal Attack combo. Pucci may move around during this period, and can even attack in tandem with Whitesnake, but cannot use any attacks or skills that require his Stand. The progression of Whitesnake's combo can be influenced; Whitesnake will perform a two-step combo that knocks opponents down by default or if the movement stick is tilted downward, a three-step combo that knocks opponents into the air if the movement stick is tilted upward, and the full Normal Attack combo that sends opponents flying if the Normal Attack button is repeatedly pressed without moving. Whitesnake can even perform the normally-grounded attacks in mid-air whenever possible. Style Action can be re-inputted to cancel Whitesnake's attack, and activating a Flash Cancel, Flash Burst, or DHA will have the same effect.
- Disc Icon: A small icon on the right side of Pucci's health gauge displays how many DISCs he has currently taken from his opponents; the icon automatically toggles between the two at intervals. DISCs will be in Pucci's possession until he is hard knocked down, causing a DISC containing all Sealed skills of a single opponent to drop in front of him. Pucci can retrieve the DISC to keep his opponents Sealed, or either opponent can pick it up and restore their lost skills. Opponents who are not Sealed can retrieve their partner's DISC for them.
- I order you!: Pucci throws a DISC with homing capabilities as a projectile. If it connects with an opponent, the DISC will lodge itself in them and they will temporarily lose control of their actions for a few seconds. This causes them to either stand in place or walk in a random direction, vulnerable to further attacks. Quickly moving the movement stick around can shorten the time until control is regained.
- USHOOOAAAAAA!: Whitesnake lashes out at in a barrage of 12 punches, sending opponents caught flying on the final hit.
- It's mine!: Whitesnake swings forward, and if it connects, will take a single DISC from an opponent, leaving them crumpling. Pucci is invincible until the end of the move if the attack is successful.
- It's an illusion.: Pucci and Whitesnake pose, and if struck by a non-DHA attack, they will counter the attacker by putting them under an illusion and teleporting behind them. Upon a successful counter, Whitesnake will take a single DISC from the opponent, and Pucci is invincible until the end of the move.
- EX - It's mine!: Whitesnake steals two DISCs at once.
- EX - It's an illusion.: Whitesnake steals two DISCs at once upon a successful counter.
- Trait - Calm down... Count prime numbers and calm down...: When Pucci's health drops below 65% (or to his second health gauge), he will begin to count prime numbers with his thumb in his mouth in order to calm himself. This temporarily boosts his defense and decreases his Stamina depletion, represented by a green, gale-like aura around him.
- Dual Heat Attack - So it was already done...: Identical to Pucci's HHA in All Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity. This takes 2 DISCs at once.
- Whitesnake's range is just about 20 meters.: Pucci must use his Style Action twice. (200 Points)
- Whitesnake! A disc, if you would!!: Pucci must connect "I order you!" twice. (200 Points)
- You were one move...too late...: Pucci must Backstab 3 times. (300 Points)
- I've acquired everything...: Pucci must take a DISC from an opponent 4 times. (500 Points)
- I shall bring you the total oblivion of death.: Pucci must Retire a Sealed opponent. (800 Points)
Pucci's original form does not appear in Story Mode, unlike THE WORLD Diego, and Part 4 and 6 Jotaro, all of whom briefly appear during the game's ending sequence. Instead, New Moon Pucci is the one to be involved in the game's storyline, set after his transformation and during the final battle at Cape Canaveral.
New Moon Pucci
Pucci with C-Moon and subsequently, Made in Heaven, is now a separate playable character, and was confirmed alongside Anasui, Josuke Higashikata 8, and Joshu Higashikata. His name is titled Pucci Waits For the Time of the New Moon (新月の時を待つプッチ Shingetsu no Toki o Matsu Putchi), commonly shortened to New Moon Pucci (新月プッチ Shingetsu Putchi) and dubbed "Pucchi, Awaiting the New Moon" in the English localization. New Moon Pucci cannot be paired with his original form possessing Whitesnake.
This version of Pucci appears in the game's story mode. He is first seen with Pet Shop, sent to kill Part 3 Jotaro and his future daughter Jolyne at Cape Canaveral in order to prevent them from gathering any more of the Saint Corpse Parts. However, the two retreat when they are defeated by the father-daughter team. Later, after the Joestar Group encounters Heaven Ascension DIO, Pucci confronts Jotaro again at the Joestar Mansion, sending Enya the Hag's zombies after him before fighting Jotaro himself. Even with the assistance of zombies, Pucci is defeated once again. Knowing that Joseph Joestar will inevitably use Hermit Purple to extract his knowledge of The World Over Heaven's ability and weakness, Pucci makes his final commitment to his lord DIO, and jumps from the second story floor of the mansion. He impales himself on the Statue of the Goddes of Love and perishes to keep his master safe, recreating the original Dio Brando's first defeat by Jonathan Joestar.
With C-Moon, Pucci can perform various attacks that turn his opponents inside-out. While in effect, affected opponents will very gradually lose health as blood continuously seeps out of their torso, with no way to manually undo the effect aside from losing a health gauge or getting hit by C-Moon's attacks a second time. The only character immune to this effect is Jolyne while her "Bring it on right until the end!" skill is active.
- Style Action - C-Moon!: Pucci sends out C-Moon to attack. This causes C-Moon to temporarily detach from Pucci's control, not unlike a Stand Rush from All Star Battle. After moving a certain distance, C-Moon will perform a three-step Normal Attack combo, ending with a finisher that turns opponents inside-out. Pucci may move around during this period, and can even attack in tandem with C-Moon, but cannot use any attacks or skills that require his Stand. C-Moon can even perform the normally-grounded attacks in mid-air whenever possible. Style Action can be re-inputted to cancel C-Moon's attack, and activating a Flash Cancel, Flash Burst, or DHA will have the same effect.
- I'll see to it, with all my power!: Pucci flings a large amount of gasoline forward before igniting it, triggering an explosion that sends opponents flying. The explosion will also create a large patch of fire that lingers for several seconds, igniting opponents and causing them to gradually lose health if they touch it.
- Could your brain handle that and survive?!: C-Moon performs a uppercut, and if it connects, unleashes a barrage of 8 punches, the final hit sending opponents flying and turning them inside out. Pucci is invicible during the combo if successful.
- I can invert gravity based on where I'm standing.: Pucci uses C-Moon's ability to generate a large gravity field that causes opponents and stage objects to fall away from him upon activation. For a period of time afterward, all projectiles will fall away from Pucci upon entering the gravity field, and opponents within the field will be slowly pushed away.
- EX - Could your brain handle that and survive?!: The uppercut is unblockable and Pucci is invincible for the entire duration of the attack.
- EX - I can invert gravity based on where I'm standing.: The skill activates quicker and Pucci is invincible until the gravity field begins. The field itself is also larger and lasts for a longer period of time.
- Made in Heaven: Pucci, using C-Moon's gravity-altering ability, attempts to float on debris skyward. If uninterrupted, a bright light with bathe Pucci completely, shining out of different parts of his body including his eyes. In a bright flash, Made in Heaven comes out of him, and Pucci and his newfound Stand quickly zip around the sky in streaks of light before landing, prepared to fight. This grants Pucci a completely new array of attacks and skills.
Made in Heaven
With Made in Heaven, Pucci gains incredible speed and power due to the Stand's abilities, being able to deal many hits and cover a large amount of ground in a short amount of time.
- Style Action - Time, accelerate!: Pucci moves at high speeds a distance forward, leaving after-images. If locked-on, he can do this in up to four times before the ability is placed on cooldown, and is able to move in cardinal directions in relation to his target using the movement stick; if the movement stick is tilted backwards, Pucci instead zooms into the air to conclude the ability, setting up air attacks or evasion.
- You are nothing but a sacrifice for human happiness!: Pucci and Made in Heaven charge forward at incredible speed, before unleashing a horizontal dual-slice that sends opponents flying a long distance. Pucci has super armor during the attack.
- Weep at your own weakness!: Pucci and Made in Heaven quickly dash to the left (or in a clockwise motion if locked-on) and performs an unblockable strike, evading attacks and leaving opponents hit crumpling and open to further attack. Pucci is invincible until the strike is unleashed.
- Seems you were two seconds too late...: Pucci quickly leaps into the air and throws four knives downward in random formation. He will then instantly move himself back to the ground.
- By the name of God, I will smite you!: Pucci performs a short declaration as god rays shine on him from out of nowhere. If hit by any non-projectile, non-DHA attack during this period, he will flash and reappear right behind his attacker in an instant, easily allowing for a Backstab to follow.
- EX - Weep at your own weakness!: Pucci is invincible for the entire duration of the attack.
- EX - Seems you were two seconds too late...: Pucci throws six knives.
- I'll say it again... You must only throw a single inside out punch!: Pucci must use his Style Action with C-Moon twice. (200 Points)
- I dub this ability... C-Moon!: Pucci must turn opponents inside-out 3 times. Reverting them from an inside-out state also counts. (200 Points)
- The Time of Heaven has finally come...: Pucci must successfully perform "Made in Heaven". (300 Points)
- Just like DIO once did!!: Pucci must connect "Seems your were two seconds too late..." twice. (500 Points)
- A power that can guide all the humans in this world to true happiness...: Pucci must Retire an opponent with a Dual Heat Attack. (800 Points)
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo (C-Moon) - Only need one punch.: C-Moon punches the ground, activating its gravity field and leaving the opponent stunned and floating helpless in the air. Pucci claims his need to only use one punch as C-Moon delivers a single punch into the target's torso, turning it inside-out with nearly fatal effects. Pucci then deactivates the field and lets his victim fall.
- Solo (Made in Heaven) - This is what I've longed for! "Made in Heaven!": Pucci lunges at the opponent, before appearing behind them and informing them of "the birth of a new world". He disappears before they could successfully turn to face him and proceeds to rush them down from all sides at a speed invisible to the naked eye. Made in Heaven ends the attack by delivering a powerful jab to the opponent's abdomen, sending them off.
- With DIO - Rulers of Time and Gravity: This DHA is only available once Pucci obtains Made in Heaven. DIO stops time and throws a barrage of knives. As time resumes, Pucci speeds up the knives' flight using Made in Heaven to make them hit their target with more power. Pucci then uses MiH's power to allow DIO the ability to get close to the enemy with extreme haste and deliver a singular punch that launches them off.