Caineghis is one of the only five knights to survive and win the trial of the 77 Rings. He is omitted in the anime adaptation, but appears as a playable character in the Phantom Blood PlayStation 2 game with an original design.
In the video game, Caineghis appears as a man with an athletic build and dark pink lipstick. He has long dark hair with a large, wavy bang covering his right eye, which is presumably missing given his epithet. He has a small iris in his left eye and lacks eyebrows. Caineghis is shirtless but wears a chainmail coif around his neck, metal strips on his shoulders, and fishnet sleeves on his upper arms. On the center of his pants is a gold emblem with "DIO" engraved on it.
In the manga, it is unknown which knight is specifically Caineghis. However, it is possible that he is the knight in the back as he is holding a scimitar and the other two knights have certain features resembling the video game designs of Winzaleo and Eijkman.
His personality in the manga is unknown, as he was only mentioned. In the video game, Caineghis tends to be in a hunched over posture while fighting. He is described in the game's Profile Mode as a knight who, contrary to his position, prefers to use the most underhanded solutions possible due to his perverse personality. Based on his quotes, he seems to be sadistic.
In 1408, Caineghis is the third knight to survive and successfully complete the challenge of the 77 Rings. He goes down in history as a legendary knight alongside Winzaleo, Eijkman, Bruford, and Tarkus.
Nearly five hundred years later, Caineghis is revived by Dio Brando along with the other winners of the 77 Rings challenge. Following Dio's orders, Winzaleo, Eijkman, Caineghis, and Wang Chan sneak aboard a ship headed to America. After Dio takes over Father Styx's body, he summons the three zombie knights to defeat Jonathan Joestar for him.
In the end, Jonathan defeats him along with the other knights.
- “Ahh... I can't get enough of this~ (ああ～… たまんねえな～Ā ~… tamannēna～)”
- “Let me hear your pleasant secrets! (心地よい秘めよう聞かせてくれよ！Kokochiyoi hime yō kika sete kure yo!)”
- “Enjoy! (楽しめ！Tanoshime!)”
- “That hurts, you know?! (痛いじゃねか！Itai jane ka!)”
- “What are you doing? (何やってんだ？Nani yattenda?)”
- “You'll die a filthy death! (汚穢死するよ！Okai-shi suru yo!)”
- “Disgusting... So disgusting! (むかつく...むかつくぜ！Mukatsuku... Mukatsuku ze!)”
- Ironically, Caineghis, Eijkman, and Winzaleo are not playable in the PS2 game's 77 Rings Knights Mode, as they appear in the mode as the 33rd, 55th, and 77th enemies respectively.
- The three knights were added in the final battle of the game because the game producer thought Wang Chan wouldn't be a good final boss if he remained completely accurate to the story. However, he didn't want to completely stray away from JoJo's story, so Araki gave him various ideas.
- An advertisement for the game in Shonen Jump 2006 Issue #47 misspelled the name of Caineghis (カイネギス Kainegisu) as Caighines (カイギネス Kaiginesu) in Japanese.