An under-educated and crass yet loyal individual, Narancia is a member of Team Bucciarati and, by extension, Passione. He follows Giorno and Bucciarati in their mission to protect Trish Una due to sharing the same tragedy as her. Narancia is a Stand User and fights with a miniature fighter plane, Aerosmith.
Narancia is a teenage boy of average height and gangly figure. He has a childish face and messy dark hair with bangs over his eyes.
He sports a dark, slim tank top and pants. He has lighter accessories, including a bandana, wrist bands, and a short skirt.
Narancia carries with him a switchblade he sometimes uses to threaten people and has occasionally used in actual battle.
Narancia Ghirga is a rough and choleric youth who demonstrates great loyalty to his comrades.
Narancia's overall behavior could be summed up as being quite childish, best illustrated with his formal education that does not extend past elementary school. His mathematic skills are so low he cannot properly multiply numbers greater than single digits, knowing that 6 x 5 = 30 but then managing to calculate that 16 x 55 = 28. However, by no means does this imply stupidity, as Narancia is capable of countering his opponent's moves under pressure in a life-or-death battle. He is prone to perform violently straightforward actions, regularly catching sneakier enemies by surprise. For instance, he once set fire to a whole street to trap Formaggio. He also defeated Squalo and Tizzano by tricking them into thinking he was still under Talking Head's forced lying while he cut out his own tongue. Moreover, he has mastered Aerosmith enough to play with its subtleties, deducing with a good degree of precision what is happening despite the limited input of his radar.
Narancia is almost as quick-tempered as Fugo, being quite loud, foul-mouthed, and aggressive in his outbursts. He notably keeps a pair of switchblades which he regularly uses to threaten others and doesn't hesitate in committing harm or destruction, for instance mistaking a civilian for an enemy gang member and immediately beating him down alongside some of his teammates. He also has a casual disregard of the mayhem Aerosmith causes, his personality is reflected in the plane's formidable firepower yet limited precision. As a result, his battles end with the vicinity being ravaged.
Ordinarily, Narancia remains the least mature of the team's members, displaying typically child-like behavior by expressing random thoughts out loud and occasionally playing around. He is usually the one who slacks off the most during missions, for instance neglecting the basic precautions during his shopping trip by ignoring Fugo's advice and even drawing a route directly to the team's hideout on a map. He was also the first one to drop his guard when the group approached their destination in Venice. Narancia was shown to be possessive of his food and is angered if it gets stolen. Having noticed that Giorno was even younger than him, Narancia occasionally reminds the latter of his status as a junior within the squad.
Despite his bratty behavior, Narancia presents a sweet side to those who get to know him. Having lost his mother, and his father being very neglectful, Narancia's valued his friends above all and considered "friendship" the most valuable thing in the world. He was devastated by the betrayal of his childhood peers and eventually found a role model in Bruno Bucciarati. As the man was among the first to treat him as a human being, Narancia became utterly loyal to Bucciarati. Being scared to betray Passione and its dreaded Boss, Narancia asked Bruno to "order" him to betray the gang, showing some lingering emotional dependency on his team leader. Outside of his outbursts, Narancia is usually the nicest person to his companions, and despite a violent start, his relationship with Trish quickly improves to the point they freely have personal talks during the journey, as he and Trish share a common thing in their past tragedy: being betrayed by the ones they trust.
Narancia wishes to make up for his lost years as a delinquent. Conscious about his lack of academic education, Narancia is willing to let Fugo tutor him and expressed a wish to go back to school despite knowing he would probably be made fun of.
- Pannacotta Fugo: Fugo and Narancia are the closest out of all other members of Bucciarati's team, having a younger-and-older-sibling-like dynamic. In the lowest point of his life, Narancia was taken in and ordered a proper meal by Fugo, and ever since they've grown on each other. Fugo, despite the short temper of both, tries his best to educate and aid his less fortunate friend, even being protective of him at times. Despite their friendship, Narancia didn't express any reaction when Fugo left the team.
- Bruno Bucciarati: Bucciarati is Narancia's hero. When they met Bucciarati had him treated and brought back to school, at the same time being outraged that the young Narancia asked to be made a gangster. The paternal severity of Bucciarati's scolding made Narancia realize that Bucciarati was worth following and he still entered Passione. As a member of Bucciarati's team, Bucciarati trusts Narancia's ability while Narancia is nearly devoted to him. However, when a terrified Narancia asked Bucciarati, who at this point rebelled against Passione, to order him to go with the rest of the team, Bucciarati told Narancia to decide by himself, showing that Bucciarati expected Narancia to one day be mature enough to be independent.
- Guido Mista: Being the least serious members of Bucciarati's team, Mista and Narancia are good friends, with Narancia being probably the third closest person to Mista in the gang. As a result of this, they often engage in conversations about random topics and are many times the main perpetrators of the team's antics, namely their synchronized dance when torturing Zucchero, or beating an innocent bystander they mistook for an enemy gangster. How much Mista cared about Narancia is seen when Narancia falls victim to Diavolo's King Crimson, with Mista crying the hardest out of all other members present there.
- Trish Una: Despite their first encounter being a rough one, they show care towards each other. When The Grateful Dead affects the Bucciarati's team, especially Narancia, she demonstrates condolence towards him and decides to use an ice brick on him instead of herself. When Bucciarati defects the gang, Narancia is told to choose his own path, and upon realizing their sufferings in common and empathizing with Trish, he decides to follow Bucciarati and to protect her further. After Narancia gets badly injured by Green Day's attack, she criticizes Bucciarati's cold attitude towards him, further showing their care for each other.
- Giorno Giovanna: Initially, Narancia only interacts with Giorno by jokingly reminding him that he is his superior due to age. However, Narancia later begins to trust Giorno who repeatedly impresses him with his supportive attitude and quick thinking. Against Squalo and Tizzano, Narancia is happy to have Giorno assist him and even believing that the gang stands a chance against the Boss if they have him. After Narancia's sudden death, Giorno places a grave for him and mourns, promising to take his body back home.
- Leone Abbacchio: Due to Abbacchio's more serious personality, he and Narancia don't interact much, but maintain a friendly relationship. Despite Abbacchio's logical approach to Mista and Narancia's silly discussions, he still tries to partake in them, and aids them in their beating of an assumed enemy. When Abbacchio dies, Narancia breaks down and cries, even pleading for Giorno to bring him back to life before realizing it was too late and recomposing himself, showing his attachment to Abbacchio.
Chapters / Episodes
- “Who's a "shit-brained idiot", huh? Don't make fun of me! I'll fucking kill you! I'm gonna fucking kill you, Fugo!”
- “Fill him with lead, Aerosmith!”
- “Kill me, damn it... you think Narancia Ghirga is the kind of guy who'd sell his crew out to save his own hide?”
- “If I can't find your breath all because the fire's too big... then I just have to make it bigger! If I set fire to the whole street!! Then you'll get completely burnt up now that you've shrunken down!”
- “Long ago... I was abandoned, too. By my dad, and by my best friend... they both abandoned me... we're the same. Me and Trish... we're... alike... Bucciaratiiii!!!! I'm coming! I'm coming with you! Let me on!”
- “If I can't shoot, then I won't! I still got other ways of fucking you up!”
- “You can't stop us... We're gonna break outta Venezia, safe and sound! See ya. Vola vola vola vola vola vola vola!!! Volare via!”
- “I just gotta keep my distance! That's all! But my Aerosmith doesn't need to get close to blow you to bits!”
- “When I get home, I'm gonna go to school... It might be cool to let the guys make fun of me for being dumb... and I wanna eat some fresh, hot pizza! An authentic margherita from my hometown, baked over an oak fire, with porcini mushrooms on top!”
- “Nothing easier than tricking people who think they've got good eyes! My U-Boat is a fleet! Dive! Dive! Diiiiive!"”