Golden Wind - Episode 15
As Prosciutto's The Grateful Dead is aging everyone in the train, Mista is sent out to stop him. However, his mission is complicated when he encounters Pesci whose fishing rod Stand Beach Boy threatens to sink a metal hook into his heart.
A recap of the last episode relates the context of the fight. Mista, out of the turtle to find the enemy forcibly aging everyone, is ambushed by the fishing hook of Pesci's Beach Boy. In the bar wagon, Pesci calls for Prosciutto as he firmly hooks Mista, the hook itself having sunken deep inside of his hand. Mista sees that it is now crawling up his arm and tries to shoot the line, but it cuts through the bullet and even damages Mista back. Having felt the shock, Pesci identifies Mista and gloats as his line is invulnerable and reflects damage. Reeling the gunslinger into the corridor, Pesci can almost reach Mista's vitals. After his attempt to shoot himself and have Sex Pistols pull the hook proves ineffective, Mista does the unexpected and shoots twice into the door leading to the next wagon to have No. 6 and 7 look for the enemy. Crossing wagons full of aged victims, Sex Pistols reaches the bar. Pesci hides within the crowd but panics when they aim for the ice instead, destroying his lifeline against The Grateful Dead.
Distressed, Pesci drops Beach Boy to gather the remaining bits of ice, freeing Mista from his hook. Out of ice, Pesci decides to run away but one of the old civilians grabs him, forcing him to stay. Mista soon enters the wagon and confronts Pesci at gunpoint, asking him where Pesci's partner is. Suddenly, the same old civilian grabs Mista. Despite the ice, Mista ages as such a fast rate he is disabled before he can aim at the old man, who rejuvenates and is revealed to be Prosciutto in disguise. Prosciutto proceeds to beat Pesci for his cowardice in battle and then lectures him on the determination of the members of the assassination team, finishing by declaring that the only time they talk about killing someone is when the deed is already done. To prove his point, Prosciutto grabs Mista's revolver and shoots him thrice in the head.
Giving Pesci some ice, Prosciutto goes back to the driver's cabin. Inside Coco Jumbo, when Trish tries to treat Narancia with some ice cubes, Bucciarati, already aging himself, tells her to keep the ice for herself. However, the aging is only becoming worse. Trying to think how the enemy could be hiding, Prosciutto asks Pesci about the second life form he's sensed earlier. Discouraged, Pesci meekly refutes his own theory but Prosciutto heartens his junior, reminding him of his potential. Pesci remembers the unknown thing hiding under the seat, but cannot find it anymore. Nonetheless, Prosciutto spots the turtle's dropping and praises Pesci, breaking inside the machinery and finally spotting the turtle. The two assassins gaze inside the jewel and see Trish but then notice that someone is missing: Bucciarati.
At the same time, Bucciarati sneaks down from the roof of the train through a zipper, having been informed by Sex Pistols No. 6. It is revealed that Mista has survived the headshots, protected by No. 5. Bucciarati almost punches Prosciutto but he feels the wind coming from the hole and blocks the attack. Ensuing a close-quarters battle between Bucciarati and Sticky Fingers against Prosciutto and The Grateful Dead, Pesci on the sideline hesitating about what to do. Bucciarati manages to take the advantage over the two assassins, but the physical effort heats his body to the point the ice becomes ineffective and Bucciarati begins to wither too. In a last ditch attempt, Bucciarati grabs Prosciutto and opens a zipper through the wall, throwing himself and the assassin out of the speeding train.
Snow Light Staff
|GW Episode 15: The Grateful Dead, Part 1|
- Just like in the previous episode, Mista's aging is more detailed.
- At the end of Pesci's monologue after he hooks Mista, him wondering if Mista is alone has been removed.
- Mista is no longer slammed against the wall when Pesci tugs on the line.
- Before Beach Boy's hook sinks deeper into Mista, he originally looks around in search of the user and remarks that they can't be far away.
- Pesci explaining how Beach Boy works after Mista shoots at it has been shortened; he no longer specifies that Beach Boy's line can pass through anything like it's water, and so can't be cut.
- Pesci's line commenting that Sex Pistols wouldn't be able to find him in the midst of the passengers is cut.
- When Pesci is frightened by Mista's attack, Beach Boy disappears instead of remaining in a seat.
- Old Prosciutto now grabs Mista's hand with the gun and Mista shakes him off before he grabs Mista's left hand. He is only shown grabbing Mista's left hand in the manga.
- After Prosciutto kicks Pesci, originally Pesci states that Team Bucciarati figured out how to stop The Grateful Dead's ability too quickly. Prosciutto responds in agreement and praises the team's quick thinking. This scene has been replaced with Pesci thinking his failure was not realizing Mista would ambush him.
- Prosciutto is now shown rubbing Pesci's head, while in the manga his hands don't seem to move.
- After walking away from Mista, Prosciutto mentioning that he saw Mista coming out of the car in front has been removed.
- At the end of the scene in Coco Jumbo, Trish and Bucciarati are no longer shown sweating and Trish is no longer shown continuing to give Narancia ice water.
- After Pesci looks under the engineer's seat, he is still shown holding Beach Boy.
- Prosciutto is shown throwing his pen aside after inspecting the droppings.
- The bullets that No. 5 pulls out of Mista's head now look like bullets fired instead of cartridges in perfect condition.
- Bucciarati hasn't hidden on the roof of the train but instead in the space inside his zippers.
- The reason Prosciutto detects Bucciarati's first attack is changed from feeling the wind to him hearing the strike coming.
- Prosciutto notices No. 6 after it speaks instead of before.
- Bucciarati is shown dropping to the floor before he kicks Pesci.
In other languages
|Japanese||The Grateful Dead, Part 1|
|English||The Thankful Dead, Part 1|
|Spanish||The Thankful Death - Primera parte||The Thankful Dead - Part 1|
|Portuguese||The Thankful Death - Parte 1||The Thankful Dead - Part 1|
|French||Thankful Death, Partie 1||Thankful Dead, Part 1|
|German||The Thankful Death, Teil 1||The Thankful Dead, Part 1|
|Arabic||غريتفول ديث الجزء 1||Thankful Dead, Part 1|
|Italian||The Thankful Death, parte 1||The Thankful Dead, Part 1|
|Russian||Величественная смерть (Зе Грейтфул Дед), часть 1||The Grateful Dead, Part 1|
Director Kimura states, "The pink color of the fishing line is cute." The ripple effect when the line touches various surfaces is done with a time-consuming postproduction technique, but the result makes it so that Beach Boy appears free to move through objects, much like a fishing line in water.
2. Mista Calmly Corners Pesci
Mista coolly observes a panicking Pesci from the shadows after Sex Pistols breaks the glass filled with ice. Viewers may have also been surprised at Mista's appearance. Kimura also recalls the scene, "Mista's facial expression paired with the wrinkles made him look quite scary."
3. They Cannot Escape the Inevitable!
The tides turn over and over in this scene where Prosciutto blends in as a normal passenger. The pool of blood that flows after Mista is shot by Prosciutto makes it seem like he has died, but thanks to Sex Pistols' Number Five, the bullet doesn't pierce his brain. Kimura observes. "That probably hurts like hell."
4. Can You Say the Same?Bucciarati's rush of famous lines begins with, "A mission must be completed. And I'll protect my crew." Kimura notes that they did not add highlights to characters' noses for this season, but a rare highlight was added to Bucciarati's nose in the scene where he grabs Prosciutto's arm. The detailed frames add even more impact to his already impactful lines.