Robert E. O. Speedwagon
Robert E. O. Speedwagon (ロバート・E・O・スピードワゴン Robāto Ī Ō Supīdowagon) is a primary ally featured in the first part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Phantom Blood. Formerly a Londoner thug residing in Ogre Street, Speedwagon befriends Jonathan Joestar and becomes a loyal ally to his cause.
In Battle Tendency, Speedwagon returns as a wealthy businessman and a secondary ally to Jonathan's grandson, Joseph Joestar. His organization, The Speedwagon Foundation, continues to support the Joestar Family throughout the story, notably in Stardust Crusaders, Diamond is Unbreakable, and Stone Ocean.
Robert E. O. Speedwagon is a man of medium height and athletic build. In his prime, he is portrayed with a long fair-haired mullet and a large scar across the left cheek, leading from his nose to his jaw. His typical attire consists of a three-piece dark suit with a tie, and a bowler hat (in which are hidden blades). After Will A. Zeppeli's death, he replaces his headpiece with the late Zeppeli's chessboard-patterned top hat.
50 years later, Speedwagon sports a greyed flattop and a much older complexion. He wears an elderly three-piece suit complete with a tie and at times, a fedora decorated with a feather.
Robert E. O. Speedwagon is a hot-blooded but honorable street thug and later businessman.
Despite his activity as a hoodlum, Speedwagon is a righteous man. Due to his ability to "smell out" the personality of people, he had recognized Jonathan's noble spirit during the events at Ogre Street and accompanies him on his further journey to defeat Dio, whose facade as a cover for his naturally evil behavior was easily denied by Speedwagon. Speedwagon is incredibly loyal to his friends, befriending Jonathan was in part due to the gentleman being kind to his partners in crime. He will try to do anything to help them, and even after Jonathan's death, Speedwagon remained friends with Erina out of respect for Jonathan.
Speedwagon takes care of Erina and Joseph Joestar much like a father figure or close uncle. Equipped with a courteous nature, he is familiar with giving one's privacy; this is apparent when upon trying to enter Jonathan's room, he witnesses the nurse, Jonathan's former love Erina, nurse him back to health and leaves Jonathan to Erina's care. This righteousness would be a characteristic of him throughout his life, as an elderly Speedwagon specifies in his will that his foundation should be used to fund medical and archaeological advancements, and his organization aids the Joestar family time and time again long after his death.
Apart from that, Speedwagon is known to be anxious and hotheaded. He is very extroverted and loudly conveys his feelings, from enthusiastically describing Jonathan fighting, to his despair at seeing Kars become the Ultimate Thing. Above all, Speedwagon deeply cares for his friends, and he constantly seeks to help his companions in various more or less convoluted ways. He notably breaks into a hospital to emotionally support Jonathan, harasses Zeppeli so that he would teach him the Ripple, and has thought of using the warmth of his stomach to unfreeze Zeppeli's arm. Speedwagon also has often tried to confront zombies, to varying degrees of success.
Zeppeli assumed that Speedwagon couldn't master the Ripple because he wasn't pressured enough (unlike Jonathan and Zeppeli, who both carried the mission to stop Dio and the Stone Mask on their shoulders). Zeppeli ultimately tried to help him create the Ripple by stimulating the muscles of his diaphragm, but accidentally missed the right point and only managed to hurt Speedwagon. However, due to his life on the street, he is fairly resourceful and has mastered several useful techniques, including the ability to determine someone's moral alignment purely based on their smell. Speedwagon is a seasoned mugger, thus he knows the basics of combat such as keeping a good guard.
Following the events of Part 1, Speedwagon traveled to America and got rich in the oil industry. With his fortune, he created the Speedwagon Foundation, an organization featuring studies in medical research, wild animal and plant protection, and secretly, a Supernatural Research Department with the sole purpose of aiding the Joestar Family. As head of this company, Speedwagon has full power over all employees, including several leading scientists and workers. Speedwagon often employs resources in the organization, including transportation by helicopters, submarines, cars, and planes, as well as development in weapons technology.
Robert E. O. Speedwagon was born on October 16, 1863. Speedwagon lived most of his life in darkness. He grew up on Ogre Street and spent his childhood stealing and fighting to get by. It reached the point of him being able to tell a good person apart from a bad person just by their smell. He eventually became the leader of the thieves in Ogre Street, and befriended a Kempo Fighter and Tattoo.
During his youth, Speedwagon had traveled the world, experimenting with various exotic animals in Africa, strange Asian plants and Caribbean tornadoes.
Phantom Blood (1888-1889)
Speedwagon first appears as an Ogre Street thug boss expecting easy pickings from Jonathan Joestar when he entered the street in search of the antidote to the poison that Dio Brando gave to his father. But finding himself outmatched, Speedwagon realized Jonathan spared his men and ordered the others to stand down, offering his services in leading Jonathan to Wang Chan. Fearing for Jonathan's safety, Speedwagon then accompanied him to the Joestar Mansion where he saw through Dio's attempt to lull Jonathan's guard with feigned remorse. When George died protecting his son from being stabbed by Dio, Speedwagon voiced his utmost respect to the Joestar family. Following Jonathan's battle against a newly vampirized Dio, Speedwagon takes Jonathan to the hospital where the youth was cared for by his childhood friend Erina Pendleton.
Speedwagon accompanies Jonathan and Ripple master Will Anthonio Zeppeli to Windknight's Lot in their mission to finish Dio off, though Zeppeli mentions that Speedwagon could never master the art of the Ripple, a fact that greatly distressed Speedwagon. Upon arriving at Windknight's, Zeppeli attempts to push a pressure point in Speedwagon's midsection anyway, in order to give him the ability to harness "small ripples," but missed the right location and ended up hurting Speedwagon instead. The group encounters Dio soon after and is forced to fight off an army of zombies; Speedwagon aids by attacking a few with a sledgehammer. When Zeppeli's arm is frozen by Dio, Speedwagon thaws it by placing it on his own flesh. After Zeppeli's death at the hands of Tarkus, he takes on wearing his hat as a remembrance of their fallen ally.
In the climactic battle against Dio, Speedwagon assists the group by fending off zombies and making an attempt to hinder Dio by destroying his arm. Following the battle, Speedwagon smashes the Stone Mask with his sledgehammer. The morning after Jonathan and Erina marry, Speedwagon is seen reading about their story in the newspaper, only to rush to the docks after realizing their honeymoon cruise was about to set sail. He successfully sees them off, though did not know of the immediate tragedy that would befall them until later.
In the years following the death of Jonathan Joestar, Speedwagon had traveled to America, where he discovered oil and formed the powerful Speedwagon Foundation. He was still a friend to the Joestar family, having taken a picture with Erina, Straizo and Elizabeth as a baby.
Many decades after the events of Phantom Blood in 1921, Speedwagon had believed that he and Straizo had eliminated the remaining zombies of Dio. Unbeknownst to both them, one managed to evade them and it was disguising itself as a major in the RAF. Jonathan's son, George Joestar II was told about his family's lineage, and suspected the major. The zombie discovered George's plan and murdered him. George's death was attributed to an accident during a night flight.
Speedwagon doubted the story, and conducted an investigation with Straizo into the truth. When Elizabeth found out, she rushed off in silent rage to avenge his death. She was spotted by an officer, and the zombie's disintegrating corpse was understood as Elizabeth burning his body. Elizabeth was marked a traitor to her country, and ran away. After that, the Speedwagon Foundation attempted to clear her name in any way it could. Briefly after, Speedwagon spoke to Erina privately. Holding a young JoJo, Erina softly told Speedwagon to never reveal the truth about his parents.
When JoJo was older, Speedwagon became an uncle figure to him, noting Joseph as a deadringer of Jonathan despite their opposing personalities. At some point, Speedwagon was kidnapped on a hijacked plane and was going to be sold for ransom, if not for the efforts of Joseph.
Immediately before the events of Battle Tendency, Speedwagon learns of the discovery of Santana, a human-like figure embedded in a pillar holding numerous Stone Masks.
Battle Tendency (1938-1939)
Speedwagon, now an old man, and his team meets with Straizo in order to show him the inactive Pillar Man so that he may use the Ripple to destroy him. Unexpectedly, Straizo betrays Speedwagon and mortally wounds him while killing off the others to use their blood to become a vampire. Speedwagon is then dumped into the river by Straizo to prevent the pillar man from absorbing his blood and is eventually 'rescued' by the Nazi major Rudol von Stroheim, who took the pillar man for research. Speedwagon seems helpless in the presence of Stroheim while pleading for him to not revive the being that the Nazi named Santana. But when Santana breaks out of his containment and kills most of the German unit, Speedwagon was saved by Joseph. After Santana's defeat and containment, Speedwagon travels with Joseph to Italy in order to meet Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli, where he disappointingly watches as the two squabble in stark contrast to the cooperation of Jonathan and Will.
He goes with them to where the three other Pillar Men are, and bears witness to the awakening of Wamuu, Esidisi, and Kars, becoming a bystander in the ensuing fight. Afterwards, Speedwagon spends most of the story accompanying Erina and Smokey, while withholding information about the Pillar Men and Joseph's life-threatening predicament from Erina at his request.
Speedwagon and Smokey reappear once again during Joseph's battle with Kars, having come with assistance from the Nazis against the army of vampires. Once again, Speedwagon becomes a spectator to unfortunate events while explaining to a concerned Smokey that they must respect the wishes of Erina and Lisa Lisa to not reveal the latter's identity to Joseph. When Kars successfully turns into the Ultimate Thing and proceeds to hunt down Joseph, Speedwagon desperately begs for Joseph to go into hiding rather than attempt to face the Pillar Man head-on as he didn't "want to lose him too", but is ignored as the young man goes off on his own.
Later, Speedwagon is one of the group of people who attends Joseph's funeral, comforting Erina as he is the only other living person to grasp the scope of her agony and the tragedy of the Joestar family. However, Joseph himself immediately shows up and reveals his surviving the final confrontation with Kars, much to everyone's joy and relief.
Speedwagon died in 1952 of a heart attack at the age of 89. As a lifelong bachelor, he left no family behind. After his death, the Speedwagon Foundation was dedicated to biochemical science and technology, and assisted the Joestar Family throughout Parts 3-6. His men went on to create a new prosthetic hand for Joseph, helped Jotaro destroy the remains of DIO as well as study the Stand-creating Arrow, analyzed Giorno Giovanna's Joestar bloodline, and maintained Jotaro's health after his Stand and memory discs were stolen by Whitesnake.
- Jonathan Joestar: Jonathan's most loyal friend. An enemy at first, he later joined Jonathan on his quest after seeing the protagonist's dedication and courteous nature. In his later years, he founded the Speedwagon Foundation, which has become the Joestar Family's most useful asset in battling Stand users and supernatural research.
- Will Zeppeli: Originally, Zeppeli thought Speedwagon would run away at the first sign of danger, as he couldn't use Ripple, but he eventually respects his courage when Speedwagon stays despite his shortcomings. After Zeppeli was killed, Speedwagon donned his hat out of respect.
- Tattoo and Kempo Fighter: Old acquaintances of Speedwagon's from his time on Ogre Street. While Speedwagon temporarily abandons them to help Jonathan destroy Dio, they remain friends all the same.
- Joseph Joestar: Despite his cheeky attitude, Joseph cared for Speedwagon, and viewed him as an uncle. When Joseph received news of Speedwagon's supposed death, he becomes enraged and attacks Straizo without a second thought. Similarly, when he receives news that Speedwagon was still alive, he is seen happily tearing up before rushing to the Nazi base in order to break him out.
- Caesar A. Zeppeli: After beginning his training of the Ripple, Caesar devoted his life to revenge against the ones who killed his father. Having been friends with his grandfather, Speedwagon informed Caesar of the events that led to Will Zeppeli's death. Other than this, their relationship is unknown aside from being acquaintances in the fight against the Pillar Men. However, it is possible that the hat Caesar is seen wearing during his first appearance was the same hat Speedwagon inherited from Will after he died.
- Erina Pendleton: Although he had a chilly first impression of her, with Erina brusquely dismissing Speedwagon's pleas to help with Jonathan's recovery at the hospital, Speedwagon soon understood how deeply they loved each other and was enthusiastically supportive of their marriage, promising that he would always be there for the couple if they ever needed any help. He maintained a close friendship with Erina up until her death, to the point where Joseph even teasingly suggested that there was some secret romantic element to their relationship.
- Dio Brando: After hearing from Jonathan what Dio was doing to George Joestar I, Speedwagon decided to help with finding the man that sold Dio the poison. Dio openly declares that after killing Jonathan, he would dispose of Speedwagon as well for being involved. After everything that had happened at the Joestar Mansion, Speedwagon went along with Jonathan and Zeppeli to defeat Dio, knowing that he was too dangerous now as a vampire to be left running around.
- Straizo: The two men were formerly allies. Both were present during the confrontation with Dio at his castle, the destruction of the Stone Mask, and to see the newlyweds Jonathan and Erina Joestar off when they departed for America. They appeared to have remained on good terms for the next fifty years, and Speedwagon trusted Straizo enough to ask for his help investigating the ruins in Mexico. Unfortunately, Straizo revealed his true intentions when he attempted to murder Speedwagon, willing to sacrifice his old friend for the sake of immortality and power.
Chapters / Episodes
- “Stop, everyone! If you touch this gentleman, I, Speedwagon, won't forgive you! (や…やめろみんな！その紳士に手を出すことは…このスピードワゴンがゆるさねぇ！Ya... yamero minna! Sono shinshi ni te o dasu koto wa... kono Supīdowagon ga yurusane!)”
- “I've lived in darkness ever since my birth, and have met all kinds of villains. So I can tell a bad person from a good person just by his smell... And this guy stinks! He stinks worse than vomit! (おれお生まれてからずっと暗黒街で 生きいろんな悪党を見て来た だから 悪い人間といい人間の区別は「におい」で分かる！こいつはくせえッー！ゲロ以下のにおいがプンプンするぜッーッ！！Ore o umarete kara zutto ankokugai de iki iron'na akutō o mite kita, dakara warui ningen to ī ningen no kubetsu wa 'nioi' de wakaru! Koitsu wa kusē! Gero ika no nioi ga punpun suru ze!!)”
- “The father's soul has been inherited by his son, Jonathan Joestar! It will become his strong will, his pride, his future! (息子のジョナサン・ジョースターが立派に受け継いでいる！それは彼の強い意志となり 誇りとなり 未来となるだろうぜッ！！Musuko no Jonasan Jōsutā ga rippa ni uketsuide iru! Sore wa kare no tsuyoi ishi to nari, hokori to nari, mirai to narudarou ze!!)”
- “I have travelled the world and seen many things! Exotic African animals, strange Asian plants, the Caribbean tornadoes that can uproot large trees! But I've never seen a monster like this! (今までの人生で世界各国を放浪しいろんな物を見て来たッ！アフリカの珍しい動物だのアジアの奇怪な植物だのカリブ海の大木まで吹つ飛はす竜巻だの！だが こんな化け物は見たこともねぇッ！！Ima made no jinsei de sekai kakukoku o hōrō shi iron'na mono o mite kita! Afurika no mezurashī dōbutsu dano, Ajia no kikaina shokubutsu dano, Karibu-kai no taiboku made futsu to wa su tatsumaki dano! Daga kon'na bakemono wa mita koto mo nē!!)”
- “Speedwagon withdraws coolly. (スピードワゴンはクールに去るぜSupīdowagon wa kūru ni saru ze.)”
- “THIS IS CRAZY! Ever since Dio put on the Stone Mask, all kinds of supernatural stuff has been happening around here! I’ve suspended by disbelief for a while now, but the biggest mystery around here is you, old man Zeppeli!”
- “S… Such strength wells out from within him! It’s different that he’s ever been before! And his movements are even faster! Old man Zeppeli’s life Ripple now resides within him! It’s both of their powers working together!”
- “He vaporized all the moisture in his body and then took away the heat, freezing it instantaneously! The Ripple works using his bloodflow, so when Dio freezes his body, the Ripple is rendered ineffective! Dio’s ability is terrifying! To think that he could freeze Dire’s entire body in an instant!”
- “There it is, that horrid, dark personality of his-- worse than any evil in this world! His stylish demeanor only disguises his true self! This is who he really is! Now it’s in full force after being humiliated by his first taste of Ripple!”
- “What an occasion! Wishing them both all the best! I’ll be cheering them on as usual, and if they ever need help, I’ll be there luckity-split! Although, I may end up getting in the way instead-- as usual! (まったくめでたいぜ ふたりとも幸せになってくれよ！おれは いつまでも応援するし困ったときはいつでもどんな所でもかけつけるつもりだぜ！もっとも かえって足手まといかなMattaku medetai ze, futari tomo shiawase ni natte kure yo! Ore wa itsu made mo ōen surushi komatta toki wa itsu demo don'na tokoro demo kaketsukeru tsumori daze! Mottomo, kaette ashidematoi ka na.)”
- “He... he's become invincible! He has no more weaknesses! Not even the Ripple will work anymore! He's immortal! Unkillable! Unbeatable! This is the birth of Kars, the Ultimate Thing! (や…やつは無敵になった！弱点はもうヤツにはない！おそらく波紋もヤツにはきかないッ！不老不死！不死身！誰も倒せない！『
究極の生命体カーズの誕生だッーっ』Ya… yatsu wa muteki ni natta! Jakuten wa mō yatsu ni wanai! Osoraku Hamon mo yatsu ni wa kikanai! Furōfushi! Fujimi! Dare mo taosenai! Arutimitto Shiingu Kāzu no tanjōda!)”
Old Speedwagon appears in the game as one of the characters Joseph can talk with to obtain minor information during the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure part of the story.
Speedwagon appears as the main narrator of the game, guiding the player in the Main Menu. Speedwagon verbalizes opinions on many of the other game mode guides and their personalities, usually to the effect of confusion or caution. He also appears in the 5th PV, introducing new characters and game mechanics.
Speedwagon also appears in the background and as part of the stage hazard in Dio's Castle; He notices when the chandelier is about to fall, and loudly warns both fighters.
Speedwagon switches his active companion between Tattoo and Kempo Fighter (dubbed in-game as "The Asian"), altering his available abilities. Skills involving either can only be performed if they are in a ready position (i.e. behind Speedwagon). As they act separately from him, Tattoo and Kempo Fighter will continue performing their respective skills even if Speedwagon is attacked; Inversely, they themselves can be struck by the opponent directly to interrupt their moves, even if Speedwagon himself isn't hit.
Speedwagon can quickly switch companions if this ability is chained from "This guy reeks!" or "He smells worse than vomit!", expending half a stock of Heart Heat to do so not unlike Stand Users' "Quick Stand ON" Style ability.
Speedwagon shifts forward and delivers a high kick, launching the opponent into the air. A command normal that can chain into Speedwagon's skills.
Speedwagon delivers a quick roundhouse kick, launching the opponent directly upwards. This attack is also capable of reflecting non-HHA/GHA projectiles, and is a command normal that can chain into Speedwagon's skills.
Speedwagon shoves the opponent before taking out his sledgehammer and delivering a heavy batting swing to send them flying.
Speedwagon flings his bladed hat straight forward as a projectile, traveling a set distance before it reverses and flies back to him. The hat inflicts multiple hits, and can even strike an opponent as it returns. The attack button inputted determines the hat's maximum range and number of hits, but inversely affects its flight speed. (Flash Cancel comboable)
Speedwagon pulls out his sledgehammer and smashes down with it in a downwards swing, bouncing the opponent off the ground. This attack deals considerable Guard damage. The attack button inputted affects the attack's power but inversely affects its speed. This skill is a middle attack that cannot be blocked crouching, and can strike the opponent when they're downed. (Flash Cancel comboable)
Speedwagon orders Tattoo to move in front of him and deliver a thrusting stab, knocking the opponent off their feet. This attack deals high Guard damage, making it useful when trying to Guardbreak the opponent. The attack button inputted determines Tattoo's travel distance and damage. This skill cannot be Flash-Canceled.
Speedwagon orders Tattoo to leap upwards and come down in a diving stab, functioning as an anti-air attack. This is a middle attack that cannot be blocked crouching, and leaves the opponent crumpling and vulnerable to attack upon connecting. The attack button inputted determines Tattoo's travel distance and damage. This skill cannot be Flash-Canceled. (Comboable)
Speedwagon pulls out his sledgehammer and thrusts it forward before spinning it, knocking the opponent down on the final hit. This attack deals considerable Guard damage. The attack button inputted affects the attack's hit count. (Flash Cancel comboable)
Speedwagon orders Kempo Fighter to move in front of him and deliver a hand strike, staggering the opponent. Depending on the attack button inputted, a follow-up combo is then performed upon the attack connecting.
- Light (): Kempo Fighter delivers only the initial hand strike, shortening the skill's recovery.
- Medium (): Kempo Fighter follows up on the hand strike with a high knee, launching the opponent into the air. (Comboable)
- Heavy (): Kempo Fighter delivers the high knee then follows up on it with a roundhouse kick, finishing the combo by knocking the opponent back. (Comboable)
This skill cannot be Flash-Canceled, but Speedwagon may act again around the time Kempo Fighter delivers the high knee.
Speedwagon orders Kempo Fighter to leap upwards and come down in a diving kick, functioning as an anti-air attack. If it connects, he launches backwards off the opponent and knocks them back a fair distance. The attack button inputted determines Kempo Fighter's travel distance. (Flash Cancel comboable)
Readying himself, Speedwagon steps charges forward in a shoulder tackle. If it connects, he orders his companions to attack: Tattoo steps from behind him and shanks the opponent, before the Kempo Fighter flies in from their other side in a dive kick. Speedwagon finishes the team attack with a downwards sledgehammer strike to knock the opponent away.
Speedwagon lets out a battle cry as he wields his sledgehammer and swings it forward. If it connects, him and his two companions charge the opponent all at once to knock them down. As they recover, Speedwagon flips and launches his bladed bowler hat, curving along its path to strike them in the abdomen. The hat begins shredding into the opponent before a noise confirms that it's reached bone as their excruciatingly pained face is shown. It finally cuts through its target and flies back to Speedwagon as he catches and dons it.
Speedwagon appears, instantly throwing his saw-hat forwards, dealing small damage, as well as slightly pushing the enemy back in hitstun.
Speedwagon kicks in, striking the enemy down.
Speedwagon appears as one of several characters who possess a Metal Striker. Both his Part 1 and Part 2 incarnations appear as playable Metal Strikers.
His Part 1 incarnation's Finishing Move throws his bowler hat at the opponent, while his Part 2 incarnation simply makes a "hit" effect appear on defeated opponents.
Speedwagon was confirmed as a playable character alongside Jonathan Joestar and Will Anthonio Zeppeli in Eyes of Heaven. He also serves as a narrator for the 1st demo's and tutorial's battles, PV4, and EoH Character introduction videos, where he is referred to as 'The Interfering Speedwagon'.
- Style Action - Ogre Street: Speedwagon summons Tattoo and the Kempo Fighter (known in-game as "the Asian"). The two will follow him until they are ordered to attack, are hit (taking them out of battle until Speedwagon summons them again), or if they separate far enough from him.
- Partner Icon: Shows the statuses of Tattoo and the Kempo Fighter. If an icon is glowing, that person is readily available; If it is dim, they are active and about the stage; If there is a red cross over the icon, that person has been incapacitated until Speedwagon uses his Style Action again.
- It's Just a Little Scratch!: Speedwagon performs a brief gesture to psych himself up, and gains super armor (or unflinching to enemy attacks) during "Don't try to bluff you rich little snot!", the first hit of Normal Attacks, or a Powerful Attack.
- Don't try to bluff, you rich little snot!: Speedwagon throws his bladed bowler hat as a projectile, hitting opponents multiple times and sending them flying. It has slight homing capabilities, and will always return to Speedwagon.
- Go nuts with those knives, boys!: Speedwagon orders Tattoo to attack on his own. He will attack either Speedwagon's lock-on target or the nearest opponent otherwise.
- GYAAAAAAAH!: Tattoo, when in range of his target, charges forward and delivers a brutal knife stab in an unblockable attack, sending opponents flying. Upon a successful attack, he will return to Speedwagon.
- Martial Arts, the Eastern mystery!: Speedwagon orders the Kempo Fighter to attack on his own. He will attack either Speedwagon's lock-on target or the nearest opponent otherwise.
- Aren't you acting tough!: The Kempo Fighter, when in range of his target, performs a three-hit combo consisting of a punch, a kick, and a backflipping kick. Whether the attack is successful or blocked, the Kempo Fighter will return to Speedwagon afterward.
- EX - It's Just a Little Scratch!: The super armor will extend to "Go nuts with those knives, boys!", "Martial Arts, the Eastern mystery!", homing dashes, and homing dash attacks.
- EX - Don't try to bluff, you rich little snot!: Speedwagon gains invulnerability while performing it, and the bowler hat gains enhanced damage, projectile speed, homing capability, and range.
- Dual Heat Attack - That sound—the blade's hit bone!: Speedwagon flips and launches his bladed bowler hat at his opponent, curving along its path to strike them in the abdomen. The hat begins shredding into the opponent before a noise confirms that it's reached bone as their excruciatingly pained face is shown. Speedwagon chuckles as it finally cuts through its target and flies off.
- He smells worse than vomit!: Speedwagon must land the basic Powerful Attack. (200 Points)
- Hand over all you've got!: Speedwagon must use his Style Action 3 times. (200 Points)
- Buffooooon!: Speedwagon must use "It's Just a Little Scratch!" 3 times. (300 Points)
- I'm the meddlesome Speedwagon!: Speedwagon must successfully execute 5 Combo Breakers. (500 Points)
- I didn't come all this way just to hold you back, y'know!: Speedwagon must Retire an opponent with a Dual Heat Attack. (800 Points)
He appears in the game's Story Mode as his Part 1 incarnation, stopping Joseph and Jotaro at the Cairo airport after the final battle with DIO, and serves as a core ally within the story. In his timeline, Speedwagon, Jonathan, and Zeppeli were traveling to Windknight's Lot. Due to interference by Funny Valentine, Speedwagon accidentally stumbles upon a Saint's corpse part. He explains to Jotaro, Joseph, Polnareff, and Kakyoin that the Saint's spirit told him to find Jonathan's descendants and their allies, and then to find the remaining corpse parts because a new threat is about to dominate the universe.
During his journey with Jotaro and their recruited allies, they reach Speedwagon's original timeline and discover that they are in the Joestar Mansion, which was supposed to have been destroyed during the night Dio turned into a vampire. Jonathan walks toward them with injuries he sustained from Dio's zombies and introduces himself to Jotaro. Once Diego Brando arrives, Speedwagon takes Jonathan's place while he's recovering and aids Jotaro to defeat the duo.
While visiting the timeline of Battle Tendency, the elder Joseph Joestar of Part 3 convinces his younger self that he is Joseph in the future by telling Speedwagon to come out of the turtle. Young Joseph recalls seeing a photo of the younger Speedwagon and is shocked to see him in person.
In the credits, he is seen along with an alive Zeppeli during the final battle between Jonathan and Dio.
Puzzle & Dragons (Android/iOS)
Speedwagon was obtainable for a limited time as a collaboration character in the mobile game Puzzle & Dragons.
Speedwagon has a minor role in the light novel JORGE JOESTAR. He financially supports Erina and George Joestar II. As Erina becomes a major stockholder in the Speedwagon Foundation, the Joestar family is well-off. When Erina and George decide to move to England, Speedwagon helps to rebuild the Joestar Mansion with his company. Speedwagon and Erina try their best to free George from prison but they initally do not succeed, due to Ben Motorize having many friends in the justice department.
Speedwagon is ecstatic once he hears that Lisa Lisa is pregnant. He starts sending presents to George and Lisa Lisa at an alarming rate. His presents contain one of everything for both boys and girls, before learning that the child would be a boy. George asks him to calm down but Speedwagon affirms that he'll do as he pleases.
- Mike Harper, one of the main characters from Poker Under Arms, is a likely basis for Speedwagon's design.
- His voice actor in the Phantom Blood PS2 game, Masaya Onosaka, also voices Alessi in the Part 3 anime.