JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Episode 11 (OVA)
DIO's World: The Warrior of the Void: Vanilla Ice (DIOの世界 -亜空の瘴気ヴァニラ・アイス- DIO no Sekai -Akū no Shōki Vanira Aisu-) is the eleventh episode of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OVA. It adapts Chapter 227, Chapter 238 through Chapter 243, Chapter 245 through Chapter 246 and finally Chapter 248 through Chapter 250 of the manga.
Jotaro and his companions finally arrive at DIO's Mansion. Expecting anything, they choose to leave the frightened Iggy behind. The front gate opens by itself, signaling that DIO is aware of their presence. Meanwhile in Japan, Suzi Q is at Holy's bed. The ailing Holy wakes up and expresses her confidence in her family.
Meanwhile, the group is making their way through the mansion. They find DIO's coffin and Avdol notices that Iggy has decided to come fight with them. He decides to burn the coffin with Magician's Red, but suddenly finds himself in the coffin, his stomach pierced. Polnareff rushes to his injured friend's side.
DIO suddenly manifests himself from the shadows. Suddenly a hole appears on the roof and Avdol shoves his friend aside. DIO's favorite minion Vanilla Ice has just annihilated Avdol's body with his unknown Stand. Afterward DIO demonstrates how obedient Ice is and Ice explains how he's killed Avdol. Angered, Polnareff summons Silver Chariot, starting a fight. Vanilla Ice enters his Stand Cream and makes Polnareff fall toward the bottom of the tower, followed by Iggy. Harassed by the invisible Cream, Polnareff disperses water in the air but although he detects Vanilla Ice, he is unable to wound him.
Meanwhile at the top of the tower, DIO toys with Jotaro and makes him unable to even approach him. Laughing, DIO asks Joseph for his blood for it will enable him to synchronize with his Joestar body. Jotaro protests, only to be thrown out of the tower. Joseph realizes that DIO is invincible.
Meanwhile, the battle between Polnareff and Vanilla Ice continues, but Polnareff is wounded and exhausted. Vanilla Ice almost kills him but Iggy intervenes with The Fool, slamming him into a wall. Still, Iggy is killed in Ice's counterattack. Angered by the act, Polnareff makes Silver Chariot cut Vanilla Ice in half and wins, but can only mourn Iggy.
For his part, Joseph is unable to fend off DIO. The sun has almost set, but Kakyoin intervens to save Joseph. He destroys the tower with Hierophant Green, allowing himself and Joseph to drive away. Nonetheless, it is night and DIO is now free to roam the streets of Cairo.
- Unlike the manga, Vanilla Ice is not turned into a vampire.
- Even though it isn't explained that he wasn't turned into one, you can see fangs when he's killed by Silver Chariot.
- Kakyoin is not present to go inside the mansion alongside his friends.
- He appears at the end of the episode to save Joseph from DIO and proceeds to drive off with him in a truck.
- The OVA omits several fights that happen in the mansion, skipping the story up to Vanilla Ice.
- When the Crusaders open the coffin, they find Muhammad Avdol instead of Nukesaku.
- DIO appears alongside Vanilla Ice.
- The scene where DIO makes Vanilla Ice decapitate himself occurs here instead of in DIO's private quarters.
- Muhammad Avdol's death is different.
- Iggy loses his lower half to Cream, Vanilla Ice kicks his severed body into a wall finally killing him.
- Vanilla Ice dies by getting his head sliced in half, instead of being vaporized by the sun.