Oingo (オインゴ) is a tertiary antagonist featured in the third part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Stardust Crusaders, specifically the "'Khnum' Oingo and 'Tohth' Boingo" story arc.
As a part of the Egypt 9 Glory Gods, he attempts to assassinate the Joestar Group alongside his little brother Boingo. His Stand is Khnum, which allows him to disguise himself as anyone.
Oingo is a tall young man with a muscular build, having dark hair and a long face. His attire consists of a T-shirt bearing a stylized version of his name, over which he wears a jacket, jeans, and a cap with an oversized visor. In the anime, his shirt has a stylized version of his Khnum.
Like all of DIO's servants, Oingo is an evil character, although in a more petty way than most. He is an assassin and thus has no problem trying to murder the heroes. In a lighter way, Oingo is also petty enough to pick on people weaker than himself and when he was frustrated that an assassination attempt went wrong, he punched a random man on the street whose face happened to anger him and happily took his fallen wallet with him.
Oingo has an unshakeable confidence in the combination of his Khnum and Tohth, which allows them to set up assassinations easily. However, during their appearance arc, a stroke of bad luck turned the combination against him. Oingo thus had to face the prospect of being the victim of his own bomb as he was stuck in a car disguised as Jotaro and with Polnareff and Joseph preventing him from reverting his disguise. Oingo arguably showed some level of determination in trying to keep up his disguise while trying to escape, but in the hand he recognized defeat and thought that killing the heroes was impossible.
Oingo has a very close relationship with his brother Boingo and is protective of his shy little brother. Keeping near him constantly, Oingo ironically tells him not to talk to strangers because there are bad men everywhere although they serve DIO. When Boingo decided to take revenge and try to kill the heroes alone, Oingo showed pride in the spiritual growth of his little brother.
- Main article: Khnum
Khnum confers Oingo the ability to remodel his appearance, voice and even smell. This allows him to put on several disguises when trying to assassinate his targets.
Stardust Crusaders (1989)
Oingo is first shown threatening one comic artist interested in Tohth to stay away from Boingo and then decides with help from Boingo's Stand Tohth to wait four hours for the next bus, as the Stand warns them about an accident with the bus. The brothers then look into Tohth for the next prediction and realize that they were meant to poison the Joestar group's tea. Oingo secretly assaults one of the waiters at a nearby restaurant and takes his place. At the same time, Jean Pierre Polnareff lets a cigarette fall, which points to their restaurant.
Initially, the group decides to order tea, but a suspicious Joseph Joestar decides to order the unopened coke instead. This seems to prevent Oingo from poisoning the drink at first, but an angry customer reacts to the warm coke he was served, causing the Joestar group to order the tea that Oingo successfully poisons.Right as the group is about to drink their tea, Iggy eats another customer's cake and causes the Joestar group to abandon their tea to take care of Iggy and leave shop, which makes Oingo and Boingo angry. Eventually, following Tohth's prophecy, Oingo punches a nerdy-looking stranger and frightens him into dropping his wallet, giving the two money and temporarily pacifying them for their failure.
Next, the brother consult Tohth again and the book predicts that Jotaro will be killed by a bomb. Encouraged, Oingo breaks into the heroes' car and tries to sneak in a bomb enveloped in an orange peel. However, Joseph and Polnareff return and Oingo is forced to disguise himself as Jotaro to save himself for the moment. The disguise backfires and Oingo is dragged into the same car where he placed the bomb with Polnareff and Joseph in the front seats, meaning he cannot shed his Jotaro disguise either. Oingo realizes he may well be the Jotaro who will be killed by the bomb.
Oingo initially tries to prevent the bomb by throwing it out of the window, but Iggy fetches the bomb and brings it back into the car. Polnareff then demonstrates a cigarette trick, in which he lets a cigarette fall into his mouth, and calmly breathes out the smoke, and asks "Jotaro" to show him the trick with five cigarettes. Oingo pulls off the trick but fails when he is forced to prove himself by drinking the juice while the cigarettes smolder. The result causes him to spit it out, and his stomach eventually acts up when he becomes paranoid that Joseph and Polnareff are secretly testing him to see if he is really Jotaro. Polnareff decides to race "Jotaro" in eating oranges the fastest but Oingo, realizing the orange that Polnareff picked up was the bomb, stops him from doing so and suggests that since the "orange" was picked up by Iggy, it could have been contaminated in any kind of unsanitary location.
Fed up with having to deal with Joseph and Polnareff, Oingo runs off to the rocks to escape, using a bathroom break as an excuse, and resolves to escape by changing his appearance behind the rocks again. However, Polnareff, considering the truth of "Jotaro"'s statement, throws the disguised bomb out of the car. Oingo then accidentally steps on the bomb, causing it to blow up and split his face in two.
Boingo then arrives and resolves to defeat the Joestar group on his own, causing Oingo to become proud of his younger brother's growth. However, the man they assaulted earlier returns with other thugs, who beat up the two brothers and send them to the hospital. Meanwhile, the real Jotaro returns from visiting the hospital, and, happening to be thirsty, picks out an orange to eat.
Oingo is later mentioned by Hol Horse, who convinces Boingo to help him asking if he doesn't want to avenge his brother. Hol Horse stated Oingo had another month in the hospital due to his injuries from the orange bomb.
Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak
It is revealed that Oingo survived his ordeal and that the Speedwagon Foundation left him be. Ten years after the events of Stardust Crusaders, Oingo still lives with his little brother Boingo in Egypt. According to Hol Horse, Oingo tried to get into a relationship several times but has been dumped each time, leaving him depressed. By March 1999, Oingo and Boingo have been freeloading at Mariah and Kenny G.'s house for a month, but Hol Horse doesn't see him.
Oingo is also targeted by gangs wanting to collect money he owes them. Once Hol Horse and Boingo complete their mission in Morioh, they head back to Egypt to save Oingo.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 184: "The Fool" Iggy and "Geb" N'Doul, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 185: "The Fool" Iggy and "Geb" N'Doul, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 188: "The Fool" Iggy and "Geb" N'Doul, Part 6 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 189: "Khnum" Oingo and "Tohth" Boingo, Part 1
- Chapter 190: "Khnum" Oingo and "Tohth" Boingo, Part 2
- Chapter 191: "Khnum" Oingo and "Tohth" Boingo, Part 3 (Disguised as Jotaro Kujo)
- Chapter 192: "Khnum" Oingo and "Tohth" Boingo, Part 4 (Disguised as Jotaro Kujo) (Retired)
- Chapter 210: Shooting DIO?! (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 217: Hol Horse and Boingo, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 218: Hol Horse and Boingo, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Chapter 221: Hol Horse and Boingo, Part 5 (Mentioned only)
- CDDH Chapter 1: Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak #1 (Mentioned only)
- CDDH Chapter 6: Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak #6 (Flashback)
- CDDH Chapter 16: Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak #Final Chapter (Flashback)
- SC Episode 26: "The Fool" Iggy and "Geb" N'Doul, Part 2
- SC Episode 27: "Khnum" Oingo and "Tohth" Boingo (Retired)
- SC Episode 36: Hol Horse and Boingo, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- SC Episode 37: Hol Horse and Boingo, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- “My brother's book is not for sale... Just get out of here. [...] Didn't you hear me!? I said get lost!!!”
- “Brother... I told you not to talk to strangers. There are many bad people in the world.”
- “Brother, we are invincible siblings. (弟よ おれたちは無敵の兄弟だなっOtōto yo, ore-tachi wa muteki no kyōdai da)”
- “Our cards are the god of books, Tohth, and the god of creation, Khnum! Oingo Boingo Brothers! (おれたちカードは書物の神「トト」と創造の神「クヌム」！オインゴボイン
ゴ兄弟！Ore-tachi kādo wa shomotsu no kami 'Toto' to sōzō no kami 'Kunumu'! Oingo Boingo Burāzasu!)”
- “Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! It was in their mouths!!! Damn it!!!”
- “We'll get them next time!!! We'll kill them with the next prediction!!!”
- “My Stand Khnum is a transforming Stand! I can alter my height, weight, and scent!”
- “NOOOOOOO!!! [...] N... N... No, I meant, uh... N... Nh... "Did you notice that cow over there?" That's all.”
- “Good idea! (グッドアイデア～ッGuddo aidea~)”
- “Aggh! I can't hold it anymore! Let me out! Let me out! I'll go behind that rock! You l-look the other way!”
- “I did it! I made it out! I got out of the car! I'm safe! I'll go behind that rock and undo my disguise!”
- “I did it! Now I can use Khnum's powers to change my face back to normal! The Oingo Boingo Brothers have won! Gya ha ha ha ha!”
- “No, Boingo! Don't do it! You can't even talk to anyone without me... They're not ordinary guys... It's impossible!”
- “My shy little brother is going to do it... alone? Sniff... You've grown up, Boingo...”
Creation and Development
Due to copyright laws, Oingo and Boingo were renamed "Zenyatta" and "Mondatta" respectively in VIZ Media's translation, after The Police album of the same name. In the anime, however, they are still referred to by their Japanese names on Tohth's cover. Their original names were later used in VIZ's English JoJonium release.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC)
Oingo and Boingo are reduced to a supporting role in the game, and they don't use their respective Stands at all.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (PS1)
Oingo or Oing in the English localization, appears as a Mini Game in Super Story Mode. His fight is simply a "quick time event" mini-game, where the player must perform the correct moves to follow Tohth's prediction. Though unfortunately for Oingo, following the predictions means his own defeat after the orange-bomb-contraption-thing explodes in his own face.
Oingo is also part of Book Mode, standing alongside Boingo on the first page.
JoJo's Pitter-Patter Pop! (Android/iOS)
All-Star Battle R (Various)
Two antagonists from Part 3: Stardust Crusaders. Oingo's Stand is Khnum, and Boingo's Stand is Tohth. The pair oppose the Joestar Group, but Oingo is retired after blowing himself up. Boingo later joins forces with Hol Horse, but is retired after Iggy mauls him.
Oingo & Boingo, localized as "Zenyatta & Mondatta" in international releases of the game, appear in All-Star Battle R as the duo guide character for the Shop & Gallery Mode's Art Viewer (アートビューア Āto Byūa).
- “We're the Oingo Boingo Brothers! Our cards are Tohth, God of Reading, and Khnum, God of Life!”—Oingo - Entering the Art Viewer
- “Yo, I'm Oingo! I'm here to help you get your art on!”—Oingo - Entering the Art Viewer
- “I'm, er... Boingo. I, er... I'm supposed to be showing you some pictures, I guess.”—Boingo - Entering the Art Viewer
- “Keh-heh-heh!”—Oingo - Exiting the Art Viewer
- “Ain't no one gonna beat us, right bro?”—Oingo - Exiting the Art Viewer
- “My Stand, Tohth, God of reading, sees all!”—Boingo - Exiting the Art Viewer
- “Hip hip hooray!”—Boingo - Exiting the Art Viewer
- “This one?”—Oingo - Opening an image
- “Right.”—Oingo - Opening an image
- “O-Okay...”—Boingo - Opening an image
- “Uh-huh...”—Boingo - Opening an image
- “Hmph...”—Oingo - Exiting an image
- “Hmm...”—Oingo - Exiting an image
- “That's the end of that, then...”—Boingo - Exiting an image
- “What?”—Boingo - Exiting an image
Both characters also have their own respective Tag Lines (プレイヤーカード名言 Pureiyā Kādo Meigen). Oingo's is unlocked by completing 90 Secret Missions in All-Star Battle Mode, whereas Boingo's unlocks at 100.
- “We're the Oingo Boingo Brothers! Our cards are Tohth, God of Reading, and Khnum, God of Life!”
- “Ain't no one gonna beat us, right bro?”
- “Good idea!”
- “Ab-so-lute-ly, one-hundred per-cent, YES!”
- “A new page is appearing... look!”
- “My Stand, Tohth, God of Reading, sees all!”
- “Hip hip hooray!”
- “Yup, it's Fate alright. The book never lies!”
- ↑ N'Doul's Geb - Vol.6 "Shueisha Jump Remix Stardust Crusaders Edition" P132 The Secret of JOJO Characters
- ↑ 
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.104
- ↑ CDDH Chapter 1: Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak #1
- ↑ CDDH Chapter 16: Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak #Final Chapter
- ↑ "Khnum" Oingo and "Tohth" Boingo (story arc)
- ↑ Hol Horse and Boingo (story arc)