Josuke Higashikata ★ Video Games
A summary of Josuke Higashikata's history and movesets in video games.
Josuke appears as one of the ten characters from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise to appear in the game Cult Jump.
Josuke appears as a support and help character. In his 2-Koma support, Josuke uses Crazy Diamond to heal the character that it punches and in his 3-Koma support he uses his Stand to rapidly punch the opponent as Crazy Diamond cries out "DORARARA!". His help Koma makes the duration of negative status effects (such as poison, blinding and burning) shorter. He has an ally boost with Jotaro.
Josuke makes his playable debut in the PS3 game, and was confirmed along with Okuyasu, Jolyne and Ermes. Josuke is a powerful and easy-to-use character. Josuke has 1000 HP.
As one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Josuke can turn Crazy Diamond on/off, changing movesets, as well as having access to the Stand Rush ability returning from the Capcom game, being able to attack in conjunction with his Stand.
During a fight, Josuke can use several different attacks that were featured in Diamond is Unbreakable.
Josuke also possesses alternate costumes, most of them are taken from the artbooks such as JOJO-A-GOGO and JOJO 6251. Besides the entire cast from Part 4, Josuke also possesses special dialogues before a match against Jotaro and Old Joseph (in both cases he asks both if it is really them, since Josuke recognizes them but notices that they look much younger, while Part 3 Jotaro and Joseph don't recognize Josuke).
In addition, characters will insult Josuke's hair, having him reply with "What the fuck did you say about my hair!" (今おれのこの頭のことなんつった！ Ima ore no kono atama no kotona ntsutta!)
Since most of the game's animation, effects and attacks were reused from All Star Battle, Josuke's repertoire of abilities remains mostly the same, though with some new additions to aid him in battle.
As a Stand User, Josuke is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle.
- Style Action - Crazy Diamond: Josuke summons Crazy Diamond to deliver a punch that is able to generate a number of different effects.
- Under normal circumstances, Crazy Diamond's punch hits the ground to dig it up, reforming it into a floating barrier that can block projectiles and absorb sufficient damage before breaking, while also leaving a small, visible spot of excavated earth that Josuke can return to via "As you were!"
- If Crazy Diamond's punch hits an opponent, the barrier forms around them, trapping them inside and paralyzing them. This leaves them vulnerable to more attacks. Quickly moving the movement stick around can shorten the time bound. This will also leave the spot of dug-up earth.
- If Crazy Diamond's punch hits Josuke's partner, they will recover a small amount of health. No barrier or "As you were!" spot is created.
- Trait - I'll heal you, no problem.: While standing near the spot of a broken stage object, Crazy Diamond can repair it and have it available again immediately, with no limit to the number of times this can be done.
- As you were!: If the excavated spot of earth created by his Style Action is present, Josuke, using a piece of rubble he took from the floor, quickly flies toward the spot by fixing the piece. This move can be used from anywhere on the stage, and is excellent for evasion or covering large distances. If the floating barrier is present, Josuke will restore its durability to maximum upon reaching his destination. If there is any obstacle such as a wall in his path, Josuke will immediately stop, canceling the ability.
- You're in my range...: Crazy Diamond flies forward and punches. If it connects with an opponent, Crazy Diamond will unleash a barrage of 24 punches, sending them flying on the final hit.
- DORA!!: Crazy Diamond performs a chop that sends a vertical "wave" of blood a short distance forward as a projectile. If the blood hits an opponent, even if they block it, they will take a small amount of damage and become Bloody for a short period of time, and susceptible to a follow-up. Of note is that Josuke cannot perform this skill again on a different target if one of the opponents is actively Bloody.
- Meet my homing missile!: Crazy Diamond flicks a shard of broken glass that targets the Bloody opponent with very strong homing capabilities, dealing substantial damage and leaving them crumpling and open to further attack. Even if it is blocked, the broken glass will erratically boomerang back through its target multiple times, dealing immense damage to their guard. This skill has a separate, longer cooldown than "DORA!!".
- I'll just have to pummel you from here!/I'm a real Deadeye Dick!: The attack unleashed is dependent on whether or not the activating button is held. If pressed, Crazy Diamond flicks two ball bearings forward as projectiles, with their trajectories diverging and accuracy weakening the farther they travel. If held, Crazy Diamond flicks a rifle bullet as a projectile with high speed and accuracy, but extends the skill's cooldown.
- EX - You're in my range...: Josuke is invincible to projectiles for the duration of the attack.
- EX - I'm a real Deadeye Dick!: The rifle bullet is immediately ready and gains a damage boost, and Josuke is invincible to projectiles for the duration of the attack.
- Trait - Watch your mouth: When Josuke's health drops below 20% (or a little below his last health gauge), he will begin to fix his pompadour while the opponent that last hit him will stop to insult it, temporarily sending him into a blind rage as his hair spikes upward. Josuke's damage receives an incredible boost, his Homing Dash speed is increased, he gains super armor (or unflinching to enemy attacks short of grabs and DHA), and unlimited stamina for a short period of time. In exchange, he takes more damage, cannot guard, and his Homing Dash loses its homing capabilities.
- DORARA!!: Josuke must use his Style Action 3 times. (200 Points)
- As you were!: Josuke must use "As you were!" 3 times. (200 Points)
- Meet my homing missile!: Josuke must connect "Meet my homing missile!" 3 times. (300 Points)
- I'm not done kicking your ass!: Josuke must achieve a collective hit count of 300. (500 Points)
- This feels awesome!: Josuke must Retire an opponent with a Dual Heat Attack. (800 Points)
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - I went ahead and healed your sorry ass...: Identical to its performance in All Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity.
- With Okuyasu - Hey, are we gonna do this, or what?: Okuyasu has The Hand bring their opponent closer by eliminating a wide space in front of them, leaving them staggered. After Josuke and Okuyasu briefly and excitedly share comments, Crazy Diamond and The Hand pummel their target with a dual Stand barrage followed by a joint uppercut that sends them high into the air.
- With Koichi - Dorara Rush ×2: Koichi has Echoes ACT2 place SFX of Crazy Diamond's Stand Cry ("DORARARA!!") directly under the opponent's feet. He then prompts Josuke to attack, watching as he jumps high into the air until he is directly above the opponent. Crazy Diamond then punches the opponent from above as the SFX activates, creating artificially-made fists to attack from below, hitting them from both sides.
- With Rohan - I really hate this guy...: Rohan uses Heaven's Door to write within the opponent "My body will fly forwards at 70 km/hr." as he begins to tell Josuke something; revealing soon after that he hates him. The opponent is sent flying at Josuke in an attempt to cause a collision, forcing him to use Crazy Diamond to pummel them away.
- With Old Joseph - Gotta be cool, at my age.: Josuke & Crazy Diamond pummel the target, with the final punch sending them high into the air. Old Joseph then comes from behind Josuke and uses Hermit Purple to bind the airborne opponent. Yanking on his Stand and pulling them in, Old Joseph then charges and delivers a forceful Ripple-infused downward chop to blast the target away once more, leaving Josuke impressed.
He temporarily serves as the main protagonist of the story, along with Jonathan when the story enters the Steel Ball Run universe. He encounters his counterpart and fight a corrupted Joshu. After defeating Joshu, he is attacked by Yoshikage Kira and his Kosaku Kawajiri counterpart.
He is paired with Johnny Joestar in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament but was eliminated in the preliminaries by Old Joseph and Kira.
Relationships in Eyes of Heaven
(The information below derives from a Video Game not written by Araki. As such, it may not be considered canon.)
- Giorno Giovanna: Giorno steals Josuke's wallet, causing Josuke to tremble with anger upon discovering it's been stolen. Giorno notices that it "only has 12 yen," a reference to the "Shigechi's Harvest" arc. After a match between the two, Giorno notes that his Stand ability and Josuke's are similar. When paired together, the two consider themselves a great tag team and note it is like they can read each other's moves.
- Jolyne Cujoh: Josuke is surprised Jolyne is Jotaro's daughter. The two mock each other because they both look like delinquents.
Insults for Josuke's Hair
This is a list of the various insults each character gives to Josuke's hair in Eyes of Heaven.
|Jonathan Joestar||If only I could hit that strange hair with my Ripple...!|
|Will Anthonio Zeppeli||What an unusually ominous head! What secrets does it hold, I wonder?!|
|Robert E. O. Speedwagon||I've seen a lot of things in my life up until now! However, I've never seen such a strange head like that!|
|Dio Brando||What vulgar hair...|
|Joseph Joestar (Battle Tendency)||HUH? What's that gigantic thing on your head?!|
|Caesar Anthonio Zeppeli||Stop wearing that huge clown hair.|
|Lisa Lisa||That hairstyle is the worst...|
|Rudol von Stroheim||I'll pluck your hair out like the feathers of a chicken until it turns into a centimeter wide ball of yarn!|
|Wamuu||What shocking hair.|
|Esidisi||I'll burn that stupid hair up!|
|Kars||That hair is befitting of a peasant.|
|Jotaro Kujo (Stardust Crusaders)||I have nothing left to say to you... That hair... It's too pathetic for me to say anything else.|
|Joseph Joestar (Stardust Crusaders)||What's with that shameful, ugly hair?! Your parents will be sad!|
|Muhammad Avdol||That stupid hair of yours will surely burn well.|
|Noriaki Kakyoin||My hairstyle's a lot more refined than yours.|
|Jean Pierre Polnareff||I'll cut your hair into a more proper style.|
|Hol Horse||It'd be better for ya to cover yer head with a hat...|
|N'Doul||This guy's head... Is something sitting on it?|
|Mariah||Hehe... Iron sand even got into your hair?|
|Vanilla Ice||I'll have to straighten that pretentious hairstyle of yours!|
|DIO||Your hair looks like cow shit stuck on the side of the road...|
|Josuke Higashikata (Same character battle)||Your hair isn't so great...|
|Koichi Hirose||You know, Josuke, I think your hairstyle is a bit out of fashion...|
|Okuyasu Nijimura||That hairdo is a bit outdated, isn't it?|
|Jotaro Kujo (Diamond is Unbreakable)||We can talk about your stupid hair later.|
|Yukako Yamagishi||I'll say it clearly this time. Your hairstyle is unsightly.|
|Rohan Kishibe||That hairstyle... It sucks!|
|Akira Otoishi||Your hairdo isn't rock'n roll at all. I don't feel any soul from it!|
|Shigekiyo Yangu||Shishi! You have a weird head!|
|Yoshikage Kira||Whew, that hairstyle is the worst.|
|"Kosaku Kawajiri"||That hairstyle... I haven't blown you up already, have I? Hehe...|
|Giorno Giovanna||My hairstyle is more orderly than yours...|
|Bruno Bucciarati||What a dreary hairstyle...|
|Guido Mista||Go for it, Pistols! The target is that guy's huge, stupid looking head!|
|Narancia Ghirga||That hair's awful! I dunno what you were thinking!|
|Pannacotta Fugo||That hair is a piece of shit!|
|Trish Una||What's up with that hair?! Teehee, how lame... It's soooo uncool!!|
|Diavolo||Just the "result"! Calling your hair garbage is the only "result" that matters!|
|Jolyne Cujoh||Your hairstyle is mind-blowingly out there!|
|Ermes Costello||You regent-styled pig!|
|Narciso Anasui||I'll pluck that lame hair out from the 'inside' for you.|
|Weather Report||Was your hair struck by lightning...?|
|Enrico Pucci||Stop acting all proud of that cheap-looking hairstyle!|
|Johnny Joestar||(With a monotonous voice) That hairstyle’s good. Really great. Super cool!|
|Gyro Zeppeli||That's some strange hair. Makes me want to stomp all over it...|
|Diego Brando/Diego Brando (Parallel World)||Did you think that hair looked cool? That is somewhat pitiful...|
|Funny Valentine||What a horrendous hairstyle. I would never allow the people of my country to have it.|
|Josuke Higashikata (JoJolion)||That's one funny hairstyle.|
|Joshu Higashikata||Nowadays, not even thugs wear a hairstyle like that.|
JoJo's Pitter-Patter Pop! (Android/iOS)
Break and Repair
Lost Temper Rage
Josuke makes a brief appearance in the game's introduction as an image behind Giorno (along with Part 4 Jotaro, Part 3 Joseph, and Jonathan), appearing as Koichi remarks that Giorno has a kindness similar to those of the Joestar bloodline.
Josuke was one of the characters first confirmed during the game's announcement.