Josuke Higashikata ★ Video Games
A summary of Josuke Higashikata's history and movesets in video games.
Josuke appears as one of the ten characters from the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise to appear in the game Cult Jump.
Josuke appears as a support and help character. In his 2-Koma support, Josuke uses Crazy Diamond to heal the character that it punches and in his 3-Koma support he uses his Stand to rapidly punch the opponent as Crazy Diamond cries out "DORARARA!". His help Koma makes the duration of negative status effects (such as poison, blinding and burning) shorter. He has an ally boost with Jotaro.
Josuke makes his playable debut in the PS3 game, and was confirmed along with Okuyasu, Jolyne and Ermes. Josuke is a powerful and easy-to-use character. Josuke has 1000 HP.
As one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Josuke can turn Crazy Diamond on/off, changing movesets, as well as having access to the Stand Rush ability returning from the Capcom game, being able to attack in conjunction with his Stand.
During a fight, Josuke can use several different attacks that were featured in Diamond is Unbreakable.
Josuke also possesses alternate costumes, most of them are taken from the artbooks such as JOJO-A-GOGO and JOJO 6251. Besides the entire cast from Part 4, Josuke also possesses special dialogues before a match against Jotaro and Old Joseph (in both cases he asks both if it is really them, since Josuke recognizes them but notices that they look much younger, while Part 3 Jotaro and Joseph don't recognize Josuke).
In addition, characters will insult Josuke's hair, using the same "taunting eyes" pop-up also used by Joseph's "Your next line is...", having him reply with "What the fuck did you say about my hair!" (今おれのこの頭のことなんつった！ Ima ore no kono atama no kotona ntsutta!)
- “Huh? What's that big thing on your head?! (あ？頭でけぇーえ！？A? Atama de ke!?)”
- “Your hair's not great. (グレートじゃねー頭しがって⋯Gurēto janē atama shigatte...)”
- “My hair is more arranged than yours. (君よりもぼくの髪型のほうが整ってるな⋯Kimi yori mo boku no kamigata no hō ga totonotteru na...)”
- “Your hairstyle is out there! (あんたの髪型ぶっとんでるわAnta no kamigata button deru wa)”
- “That hairstyle's good. Really great. Super cool. (そのヘアスタイル、いいーーねエーー。すごくいいよ！超イケてるSono heasutairu, ī ne. Sugoku ī yo! Chō ike teru)”
- “What a screwed up hairstyle. (フザけた髪型だなぁFuza keta kamigata da na)”
- “Such eerie hair. What might be hiding away in it?! (ただならぬ不気味な頭部！いったぃどんなものを秘めているのかッ！？Tadanaranu bukimina tōbu! Ittai don'na mono o himete iru no ka!?)”
- “Stop walking around with such huge clown hair! (イナカ毛ンがでかい頭してんじゃあねーぜInaka ken ga dekai atama shiten jāne ze )”
- “My hair is more refined than yours. (ぼくの髪型のほうがお前のよりも洗練されてるなBoku no kamigata no hō ga omae no yori mo senren sa re teru na)”
- “That hairdo is a bit outdated, isn't it? (その頭よぉー、ちと古すぎんじゃあねーの？Sono atama yo, chito furu sugin jāne no?)”
- “What a dreary hairstyle... (シャバイ髪型だぜ⋯Shabai kamigata daze...)”
- “You regent-styled pig!! (このリーゼント豚野郎！Kono rizento buta yarō!)”
- “What a strange head. Makes me wanna stomp all over it... (変な頭だ、踏みつけてやりたいね⋯Hen'na atama da, fumitsukete yaritai ne...)”
- “What vulgar hair. (ゲスな頭だ⋯Gesu na atama da...)”
- “What shocking hair. (あきれた頭だAkireta atama da)”
- “I'll cut your hair to something more proper. (まともなヘアスタイルにカットしてやるぜMatomona heasutairu ni katto shite yaru ze)”
- “What a funny hairstyle! (おもしれー髪型だぜOmoshire kamigata daze)”
- “Stop acting all proud of that cheap-looking hairstyle! (安っぽいヘアスタイルで得意そうにするんじゃあないッ！Yasuppoi heasutairu de tokui-sō ni suru n jānai!)”
- “What a horrendous hairstyle. I would never allow the people of my country to have it. (なんともひどい髪型だ。そんなヘアスタイルはわが国民には絶対させないNantomo hidoi kamigatada. Son'na heasutairu wa waga kokumin ni wa zettai sasenai)”
- “A hairstyle fit for a peasant. (下等な頭だKatō na atama da)”
- “I'll burn that stupid hair up!! (そのマヌケな髪を焼いてやる！Sono manuke na kami o yaite yaru!)”
- “That stupid hair of yours will surely burn well. (そのばかげた髪はよく燃えるだろうなSono bakageta kami wa yoku moerudarou na)”
- “I think Josuke's hairstyle is a bit out of fashion... (仗助くんのヘアスタイルさ、ちょっと古いかなとは思うよ⋯Josuke-kun no heasutairu sa, chotto furui kana to wa omou yo...)”
- “Your hairstyle isn't rock. I don't feel soul from it! (オメェーの髪型はロックじゃあねえぜ。魂を感じねぇ！Omae no kamigata wa rokku jānē ze. Tamashī o kanjine!)”
- “What awful hair! I can't go along with it! (ひっでー髪の毛だぜ！ついていけねぇぜ！Hidde kaminoke daze! Tsuiteikene ze!)”
- “Whew, that's the worst hairstyle. (フ～、最悪のヘアスタイルだなFu~, saiaku no heasutairu da na)”
- “Your hair looks like cow shit stuck on the road. (道筋にへばりつく牛のクソのような頭だ⋯Michisuji ni hebaritsuku ushi no kuso no yōna atama da...)”
- “You should wear a hat to hide that stupid hair. (帽子でもかぶって隠したほうがいいぜぇーその頭⋯Bōshi demo kabutte kakushita hō ga ī ze sono atama...)”
- “Your hairstyle is really lame!! (その髪型、ダサイねェ！！Sono kamigata, dasai ne!!)”
- “I didn't blow up your head already, did I? Hehe... (その頭⋯まだ爆破させていないはずだが？ククSono atama... mada bakuha sasete inai hazuda ga? Kuku)”
- “What vulgar hair. (ゲスな頭だGesu na atama da)”
- “Shi shi, what strange hair!! (ししっ、変な頭してるだど！Shi shi, hen'na atama shiteru da do!)”
- “What's with that shameful, ugly hair?! Your parents will be sad! (なんじゃ、そのみっともない不細工な頭は！親が悲しむぞ！Nanja, sono mittomonai busaikuna atama wa! Oya ga kanashimu zo!)”
- “That hairstyle is the worst... (その髪型、最悪ね⋯Sono kamigata, saiaku ne...)”
- “That hair is a piece of shit! (このドグサレヘアーが！Kono dogusare hea ga!)”
- “I'm going to leap out your hair and fart in your face! (オマエの髪の毛むしりながら屁をこいてやるぜOmae no kaminoke mushirinagara he o koite yaru ze)”
- “I'll have to straighten that pretentious hairstyle of yours! (思い上がった髪型は正さねばならんOmoiagatta kamigata wa tadasaneba naran)”
- “I'll pluck that lame hair out from the 'inside' for you. (そのダサい髪の毛を「内側」からむしり撮ってやるSono dasai kaminoke o 'uchigawa' kara mushiri totte yaru)”
- “That hair makes your head look stupid huge, bro!”
- “We need to have a talk about your stupid hair later.”
- “Hey, great haircut... NOT.”
- “My hair obviously puts yours to shame!”
- “I've seen drag queens with better hair!”
- “I love your hair! It's the craziest stuff I've ever seen!”
- “That's some effed up hair.”
- “That's the strangest head I've ever seen! What secrets doth it hold, I wonder?”
- “What's some redneck like you doing with that huge hair?!”
- “My hairstyle's a lot more refined than yours.”
- “Nice haircut! Welcome to like, twenty years ago!”
- “Ugh, what frightening hair!”
- “You nasty-ass pompadour-lookin' dumbass freak!”
- “Your name must be whack-a-mole, because I want to stomp your silly looking head down!”
- “What disgusting hair...”
- “That hair is laughable.”
- “Shall I trim your hair into something less like cro-magnon man?”
- “I love your hair! You look just like a clown!”
- “Quit acting like you're special with that gaudy hairstyle!”
- “The first thing I'm going to do in office is outlaw that ridiculous hairstyle!”
- “What disgusting hair.”
- “I'll burn that stupid weave so fast of your damn head!”
- “I bet that hair of yours would burn right up.”
- “You know, Josuke, I think your hairdo's outdated...”
- “Your hairdo isn't rock 'n roll at all. It's got no soul!”
- “That hair's awful! I wouldn't be caught dead with it!”
- “Ugh, what a tasteless hairstyle.”
- “Your hair's like a pile of cow dung by the side of the road!”
- “I can lend you a hat if you wanna cover that disaster up!”
- “What ludicrous hair.”
- “That hairdo... I haven't blown you up yet, have I? Heh heh...”
- “What disgusting hair.”
- “Hey chicken-head! Buckaw!”
- “Well, look at that! A head not even a mother could love!”
- “What dreadful hair!”
- “I'm going to leap your hair and fart in your face!”
- “I must do something about that pompous hairstyle of yours!”
- “I'm going to pluck your ridiculous hair from the inside out!”
Since most of the game's animation, effects and attacks were reused from All Star Battle, Josuke's repertoire of abilities remains mostly the same, though with some new additions to aid him in battle.
As a Stand User, Josuke is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle.
- Style Action - Crazy Diamond: Josuke summons Crazy Diamond to deliver a punch that is able to generate a number of different effects.
- Under normal circumstances, Crazy Diamond's punch hits the ground to dig it up, reforming it into a floating barrier that can block projectiles and absorb sufficient damage before breaking, while also leaving a small, visible spot of excavated earth that Josuke can return to via "As you were!"
- If Crazy Diamond's punch hits an opponent, the barrier forms around them, trapping them inside and paralyzing them. This leaves them vulnerable to more attacks. Quickly moving the movement stick around can shorten the time bound. This will also leave the spot of dug-up earth.
- If Crazy Diamond's punch hits Josuke's partner, they will recover a small amount of health. No barrier or "As you were!" spot is created.
- Trait - I'll heal you, no problem.: While standing near the spot of a broken stage object, Crazy Diamond can repair it and have it available again immediately, with no limit to the number of times this can be done.
- As you were!: If the excavated spot of earth created by his Style Action is present, Josuke, using a piece of rubble he took from the floor, quickly flies toward the spot by fixing the piece. This move can be used from anywhere on the stage, and is excellent for evasion or covering large distances. If the floating barrier is present, Josuke will restore its durability to maximum upon reaching his destination. If there is any obstacle such as a wall in his path, Josuke will immediately stop, canceling the ability.
- You're in my range...: Crazy Diamond flies forward and punches. If it connects with an opponent, Crazy Diamond will unleash a barrage of 24 punches, sending them flying on the final hit.
- DORA!!: Crazy Diamond performs a chop that sends a vertical "wave" of blood a short distance forward as a projectile. If the blood hits an opponent, even if they block it, they will take a small amount of damage and become Bloody for a short period of time, and susceptible to a follow-up. Of note is that Josuke cannot perform this skill again on a different target if one of the opponents is actively Bloody.
- Meet my homing missile!: Crazy Diamond flicks a shard of broken glass that targets the Bloody opponent with very strong homing capabilities, dealing substantial damage and leaving them crumpling and open to further attack. Even if it is blocked, the broken glass will erratically boomerang back through its target multiple times, dealing immense damage to their guard. This skill has a separate, longer cooldown than "DORA!!".
- I'll just have to pummel you from here!/I'm a real Deadeye Dick!: The attack unleashed is dependent on whether or not the activating button is held. If pressed, Crazy Diamond flicks two ball bearings forward as projectiles, with their trajectories diverging and accuracy weakening the farther they travel. If held, Crazy Diamond flicks a rifle bullet as a projectile with high speed and accuracy, but extends the skill's cooldown.
- EX - You're in my range...: Josuke is invincible to projectiles for the duration of the attack.
- EX - I'm a real Deadeye Dick!: The rifle bullet is immediately ready and gains a damage boost, and Josuke is invincible to projectiles for the duration of the attack.
- Trait - Watch your mouth: When Josuke's health drops below 20% (or a little below his last health gauge), he will begin to fix his pompadour while the opponent that last hit him will stop to insult it, temporarily sending him into a blind rage as his hair spikes upward. Josuke's damage receives an incredible boost, his Homing Dash speed is increased, he gains super armor (or unflinching to enemy attacks short of grabs and DHA), and unlimited stamina for a short period of time. In exchange, he takes more damage, cannot guard, and his Homing Dash loses its homing capabilities.
- DORARA!!: Josuke must use his Style Action 3 times. (200 Points)
- As you were!: Josuke must use "As you were!" 3 times. (200 Points)
- Meet my homing missile!: Josuke must connect "Meet my homing missile!" 3 times. (300 Points)
- I'm not done kicking your ass!: Josuke must achieve a collective hit count of 300. (500 Points)
- This feels awesome!: Josuke must Retire an opponent with a Dual Heat Attack. (800 Points)
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - I went ahead and healed your sorry ass...: Identical to its performance in All Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity.
- With Okuyasu - Hey, are we gonna do this, or what?: Okuyasu has The Hand bring their opponent closer by eliminating a wide space in front of them, leaving them staggered. After Josuke and Okuyasu briefly and excitedly share comments, Crazy Diamond and The Hand pummel their target with a dual Stand barrage followed by a joint uppercut that sends them high into the air.
- With Koichi - Dorara Rush ×2: Koichi has Echoes ACT2 place SFX of Crazy Diamond's Stand Cry ("DORARARA!!") directly under the opponent's feet. He then prompts Josuke to attack, watching as he jumps high into the air until he is directly above the opponent. Crazy Diamond then punches the opponent from above as the SFX activates, creating artificially-made fists to attack from below, hitting them from both sides.
- With Rohan - I really hate this guy...: Rohan uses Heaven's Door to write within the opponent "My body will fly forwards at 70 km/hr." as he begins to tell Josuke something; revealing soon after that he hates him. The opponent is sent flying at Josuke in an attempt to cause a collision, forcing him to use Crazy Diamond to pummel them away.
- With Old Joseph - Gotta be cool, at my age.: Josuke & Crazy Diamond pummel the target, with the final punch sending them high into the air. Old Joseph then comes from behind Josuke and uses Hermit Purple to bind the airborne opponent. Yanking on his Stand and pulling them in, Old Joseph then charges and delivers a forceful Ripple-infused downward chop to blast the target away once more, leaving Josuke impressed.
He temporarily serves as the main protagonist of the story, along with Jonathan when the story enters the Steel Ball Run universe. He encounters his counterpart and fight a corrupted Joshu. After defeating Joshu, he is attacked by Yoshikage Kira and his Kosaku Kawajiri counterpart.
He is paired with Johnny Joestar in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament but was eliminated in the preliminaries by Old Joseph and Kira.
Relationships in Eyes of Heaven
(The information below derives from a Video Game not written by Araki. As such, it may not be considered canon.)
- Giorno Giovanna: Giorno steals Josuke's wallet, causing Josuke to tremble with anger upon discovering it's been stolen. Giorno notices that it "only has 12 yen," a reference to the "Shigechi's Harvest" arc. After a match between the two, Giorno notes that his Stand ability and Josuke's are similar. When paired together, the two consider themselves a great tag team and note it is like they can read each other's moves.
- Jolyne Cujoh: Josuke is surprised Jolyne is Jotaro's daughter. The two mock each other because they both look like delinquents.
Insults for Josuke's Hair
This is a list of the various insults each character gives to Josuke's hair in Eyes of Heaven. Upon having his hair insulted, Josuke will reply with "I won't forgive you for insulting it!" (けなすやつあゆるさねえ～～～ Kenasu yatsu a yurasane~~~). Note that characters not listed here reuses their quotes from All Star Battle (in Part 4 Jotaro's case, he reuses his Part 3 self's line from ASB), though they are re-recorded with their respective, new voice actors in cases of the Part 3 cast (except DIO) and Pucci. Japanese translations taken from here, except unused voice clips.
- “I've seen a lot of things in my life up until now! However, I've never seen such a strange head like that! (おれは！今までの人生でいるんな物を見て来だ！だが、こんなヘンな頭は見たこともねえッ！！Ore wa! Ima made no jinsei de iru n'na mono o mite kida! Daga, kon'na hen'na atama wa mita koto mo ne!!)”
- “Pfft... Hehehe... (プフーッ⋯ウッヒッヒッヒ⋯Pufū... Uhhihhihhi...)”
- “This guy's head... Is something sitting on it? (コイツの頭⋯何か乗っているのか？Koitsu no atama... Nanika notte iru no ka?)”
- “Hehe... Iron sand even got into your hair? (プッ⋯砂鉄でも入ってるの？その頭⋯Pu... Satetsu demo haitteru no? Sono atama...)”
- “KOGIGIII! (コギギイイイ)”
- “I'll say it clearly this time. Your hairstyle is unsightly. (この際だからはっきり言うわ、あんたの髪型ダサいのよKono sai dakara hakkiri iu wa, anta no kamigata dasai no yo)”
- “What's up with that hair?! Teehee, how lame... It's soooo uncool!! (なによその頭ーーッ！！だっ、ださいッ！すごくださいわあーッ！！Nani yo sono atama! Da, dasai! Sugoku dasai wa!!)”
- “Just the "result"! Calling your hair garbage is the only "result" that matters! (『結果』だけだ！タンカスのような頭という『結果』だけが残る！"Kekka" dake da! Tankasu no yōna atama to iu "kekka" dake ga nokoru!)”
- “Was your hair struck by lightning...? (雷でも落ちたのか⋯？その頭⋯Kaminari demo ochita no ka...? Sono atama...)”
- “Nowadays, not even thugs wear a hairstyle like that. (今どき、チンピラでもそんな髪型してないぜImadoki, chinpira demo son'na kamigata shi tenai ze)”
- “You know, I've seen a lot in my life, but that 'do of yours takes the cake!”
- “I'm going to turn your head into a one centimeter block of meat, just like one would pluck a chicken!”
- “Your hair is such a joke I can't even think of anything to say you.”
- “Here, let me give you that head of yours a killer cut!”
- “Pffft... Ooh hee hee hee...”
- “Is something riding on top of his head?”
- “Let me be frank here. Your hairdo sucks.”
- “We can talk about your stupid haircut later.”
- “Talk about rotten hair!”
- “The results are the only thing that remain! And as a result, you will forever be known as the man with a mountain of feces on his head!”
- “Did your hair get struck by lightning or something?”
- “Quit acting like you're special with that flashy hairstyle!”
- “Thugs don't style their hair like that anymore!”
- “Wow, what's inside your hair?”
- “Is he petting a bird or something?”—Joseph Joestar, disguised
- “That's a redneck's hairstyle, eh?”
- “How do you style your potato-like hair like that? Oh, you don't need to answer, I can imagine it.”
- “My hairstyle is greater than yours.”
- “DON'T SHOW ME THAT RIDICULOUS, DISGUSTING HAIRSTYLE!!”
- “Hahaha, what a lame hairstyle!”
- “Aren't you ever gonna get a new haircut? (いつまでそんなヘアスタイルしてるつもりだ？Itsu made son'na heasutairu shiteru tsumori da?)”
JoJo's Pitter-Patter Pop! (Android/iOS)
Josuke makes a brief appearance in the game's introduction as an image behind Giorno (along with Part 4 Jotaro, Part 3 Joseph, and Jonathan), appearing as Koichi remarks that Giorno has a kindness similar to those of the Joestar bloodline.
Josuke was one of the characters first confirmed during the game's announcement.