- For a similar character, see Alternate Weather
Weather Report (ウェザー・リポート Wezā Ripōto), real name Wes Bluemarine (ウェス・ブルーマリン Wesu Burūmarin), born Domenico Pucci (ドメニコ・プッチ Domeniko Putchi), is a primary ally featured in the sixth part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Stone Ocean.
An amnesiac at his introduction, Weather Report is a fellow inmate who seeks his memory and allies himself with Jolyne Cujoh. It is revealed that he is Enrico Pucci's fraternal twin brother. Weather is a Stand User capable of controlling the surrounding atmosphere through his ability, which is also named Weather Report.
Weather Report is a man of above-average height and medium to athletic build with tan skin.
He commonly wears a light, flat-topped buffalo hat with two short horns at its front, and a dark bodysuit adorned with a golden codpiece.
During his time as Wes Bluemarine, he wears a similar bodysuit, only with different colored sleeves, and the top half of the suit being cut, looking like a shirt. He doesn't wear a hat, instead showing his real hair. His hair is quite similar to his hat, only excluding the horns, it's smaller, and has several strands going behind his neck.
Following Pucci's fusion with The Green Baby, Weather is shown to have a star-shaped Joestar birthmark appear on his left shoulder - imitating Pucci's development of the same birthmark - which foreshadowed his familial relation to him.
Weather Report is an eccentric but deep down righteous man with a grim past, determined to take back his memories, and later, more than anything, to kill his twin brother Enrico Pucci.
As a youth, Wes Bluemarine was a seemingly ordinary teen with a strong sense of justice. He risked losing his job to stop a thief from running away with the purse of a young girl, who later became his girlfriend. When a great tragedy befell him and his lover, Wes became jaded by life. Wes developed a deep hatred for himself and his brother for having let his lover (and sister) die. He lost any care for his own safety, and tried numerous times to end his own life. His rage led him to confront Pucci and have his memories taken away.
After becoming deprived of his memories, Wes (now Weather Report) became quiet, mellow, and eccentric, having once been described by Emporio Alnino as acting like "a ghost". Among his quirks is having to get close to other people's faces as he doesn't open his mouth much, as a result of this boldly standing a few inches next to Jolyne's face to get her attention rather than call her name, usually walking on his toes, and reading TV guides despite not actually watching television. Moreover, Emporio has also stated that if Weather Report wasn't there to keep Anasui calm, there is no knowing what he would do. While in this state, he was trustworthy and compassionate, rescuing those in need without caring for his own safety. Unless someone he knew was in danger, Weather hardly panicked. Weather was also described as having a strong sense of justice, describing the worst injustice as "evil that does not know it is evil".
Upon the return of his memories and past, Wes's malicious tendencies burst out. Wes carelessly flaunts his powers for his own amusement and sadistically tortures unsuspecting victims through his control of the environment.
 His newer personality frightening even Anasui, a cold-blooded killer. Though Wes retains a sense of justice, and admits that while he does feel sorry for those who fall victim to his Stand, there is a part of him that enjoys it all. The return of his burning hatred of Pucci turns him dead-set on murdering the priest. He shows no such passion for life or the lives of people around him, and hopes for Anasui to kill him after he succeeds.
Though he is tragically killed by Pucci, Anasui asserts to Jolyne that Wes was 'saved'. He was happy in the last few days of his life. Anasui also points out that he used Whitesnake's ability to pull out his stand DISC, thinking that the group could use it in their battle against Pucci.
- See also: Weather Report
Weather Report's homonymous Stand affords him a great degree of control over the weather, and/or the atmosphere.
His Stand also has an ability named Heavy Weather which alters the refractive angle of the sun's rays entering earth's atmosphere to create a natural subliminal effect. Those who fall victim to it by touching the rainbows that manifest in the surrounding area will perceive themselves as snails.
Weather was originally born as "Domenico Pucci" to the wealthy Pucci family, the younger of fraternal twins. He was stolen from the clinic nursery by a woman whose own baby had died the same day, soon after birth. He later lived the rest of his life as Wes Bluemarine.
In his teenage years, he worked as a juice delivery boy. One fateful day, he stopped a thief from stealing Perla Pucci's bag and within two week's time, the two began dating. Enrico Pucci, discovering that Weather was, in fact, his twin brother, sought to separate them in a manner that would least harm his sister. However, the "private detective agency" he used to accomplish this was actually run by the KKK, who subsequently looked into Weather's family history and found that his "mother" had married an African American man. When the KKK members saw Perla give Weather a goodnight kiss, they attacked the pair and ultimately hanged Weather from a tree to die. Perla cut him down and, not realizing he still had a faint pulse, committed suicide by jumping off of a cliff.
Not long after, when Pucci was stabbed by the Arrow, Weather gained a Stand ability on his own as well. After regaining consciousness, he sought out the head of the "private detective agency" for information on Pucci. Weather was filled with rage at both himself and the world, but his Stand made it impossible for him to kill himself. He tried jumping off a cliff, but winds blew him back to the cliff side. He tried drowning himself, but the waves pushed him back to the shore. He even tried shooting himself, but the gun chamber filled with water and refused to work. On the fourth day after his regained consciousness, snails began to rain from the sky as a result of his Stand. Pucci then confronted Weather, revealed that they were brothers, and removed Weather's memory disc using Whitesnake.
At some point after, without his memories, he became Weather Report. Later on, he was imprisoned in Green Dolphin Street Prison for attempted murder and eventually met Emporio Alnino and Narciso Anasui.
Stone Ocean (2011-2012)
Weather Report first appears in the ghost music room looking at Emporio Alnino and Ermes Costello's conversation about investigating Whitesnake alongside Narciso Anasui, but doesn't intervene.
Operation Savage Garden
Weather is formally introduced to Jolyne Cujoh by Emporio Alnino as an amnesiac whose memory was stolen by the master of Whitesnake. Meeting her in the music room, he is willing to help her deliver Jotaro Kujo's Stand DISC to the Speedwagon Foundation. Using his Stand Weather Report, Weather Report makes it wind and rain near a piano, knocking pens onto the keys of a piano and creating a small puddle. The sound makes an enemy peek and Weather confirms his presence by using the puddle as a mirror to look behind the corner. The trio thus run to the corridors and seemingly elude the enemy by hiding in a jacket. In there, Weather agrees to go to the factory's entrance first.
Battle Against Lang Rangler
Weather then hears Jolyne's call and help and runs to her side, seeing her floating because of Lang Rangler's ability Jumpin' Jack Flash. Using special gauntlets, Lang shoots nuts and bolts at Weather, who creates atmospheric layers to deflect the projectiles and set Lang's arm on fire when he tries to punch him. Lang cancels his power but triggers an alarm and flees. To catch up, Weather grabs Jolyne who is still floating and propels himself using wind to the factory.
In the factory, Jolyne begins to feel the effects of the decompression and needs to urinate, to her embarrassment. Weather creates a cloud for her to hide while she relieves herself. On a graver note, they realise that the very air they touch is going away from them. The decompression also forces their blood out. At this moment, Lang shoots scraps at them but Stone Free deflects them. To keep some air near them, Weather Report makes a suit of cloud for the both of them but the heroes must find and defeat the enemy before their oxygen supplies run out. Unfortunately, Lang has hidden somewhere in the factory.
Weather Report tries to get away from Jolyne to be free of the antigravity, using some drum barrels as a landmark. Lang is revealed to be behind the heroes and shoots with his gauntlets. Weather is wounded in the leg. Jolyne tries to cover Weather, but Lang shoots a drum barrel. It is pierced and the flowing air violently propels it toward Weather and the suit is damaged on impact. Weather is also sent back in Jolyne's range. Lang pushes his advantage and throws a couple of rats at Jolyne; they explode and the blood covers her suit, blinding her. Lang reloads and shoots at Jolyne, but she deploys her strings to block the projectiles and ties Lang, pulling him in the deadly zero gravity environment. Even though Lang destroys Jolyne's suit with a makeshift grenade, Weather sacrifices his suit to give Jolyne time. Lang cancels his Jumpin' Jack Flash but the returning air flow allows pushes Lang back in Stone Free's range. Stone Free pummels Lang, defeating him.
Weather is out of commission and Jolyne hides him behind some barrels for the moment. However, when she arrives in the courtyard, a guard controlled by Whitesnake shoots her. To save Jolyne, Weather has no choice but to summon a rain of poisonous jungle frogs. It ultimately helps Jolyne deliver the Stand DISC to the Speedwagon Foundation. Weather Report is found injured and is brought to the infirmary.
Still recovering, Weather Report serves as valuable back up for F.F., causing the sky to rain if she is too dehydrated. However, Pucci completes his current objective of seizing The Green Baby and kills F.F. then leaves the prison. Weather gains a Joestar Birthmark alongside Pucci though he doesn't know why. He joins Anasui, at the latter's insistence, in their search for Jolyne.
Weather and Anasui are pursued by the police and reach a motel where Weather helps an old man get up after he trips and drops his groceries. Hiding in the bathrooms, Weather is momentarily confused by the new sinks because they have no spigot. Anasui asks Weather Report to remember who he is. He's suspicious after seeing the Joestar Birthmark on his neck, which he noticed was also present on The Green Baby, Jolyne, and Jotaro. Weather is determined to defeat Pucci, who he believes is his enemy. However, they have to escape the area which is difficult with cop cars surrounding them. Anasui condemns Weather for not stealing a car earlier, but Weather says it's too risky. Instead, he uses his Stand to clear the clouds above the old man he rescued earlier, causing a ray of light to shine on him. The pain in the old man's knee goes away, and he decides to give the two a ride in the back of his truck.
Battle Against Bohemian Rhapsody
On the truck, Weather senses Jolyne traveling north, so they decide to go that way as well. Suddenly Anasui notice a jarring absence of illustrated characters on a Disney's guidebook and panels, then notices something scuttling near them Thinking it's an enemy, he uses Diver Down to grab whatever is hiding inside it, which he discovers is Pinocchio. The two understand that Pucci has sent Stand users against them. Anasui tries to interrogate Pinocchio, but the fictional character doesn't know anything about the enemy and digresses on the other fictional characters inside the truck. Weather suddenly loses trace of Anasui only to find him under the wheels of the truck. The truck crashes, with Weather making an airbag with the atmosphere to cushion everyone. Anasui finds himself back in his body and Weather suggest to defeat the user of Bohemian Rhapsody. Again, Weather loses traces of Anasui.
Looking for Anasui, Weather rebukes a bearded man with a pipe who presents himself as the portrait of Van Gogh after he cut off his own ear. Weather Report now finds himself under Bohemian Rhapsody's influence. Weather feels that the enemy Stand user is rapidly moving North, and tries to think about how to defeat him. Exasperated by Van Gogh, he tries to punch him, but stops when he sees that he has paintbrushes in his hand. The portrait, describing Van Gogh's life, ominously announces that Weather is now in the story of the famous painter, who ended up shooting himself. A bullet bursts out of a paintbrush, hitting Weather in the head, and a second mortal bullet to the head is imminent. Panicking, Weather uses his Stand to block the highway heading North only to realize the enemy is on a plane faster than any meteorological phenomenon. The situation seems desperate. The pistol with which Van Gogh shot himself is before Weather, who nervously warns the portrait to stay away from it. He tries to run away, but Anasui, filled with rocks, crashes against him and both trip. The pistol shoots a bullet, blowing Weather's head off, while Anasui begins to melt, his hand melting inside his mouth and drowning him. Both the goats and Van Gogh gloat, but Weather suddenly grabs the portrait.
Weather then forces Van Gogh to create a new character, Put Back the hero who puts all the fictional characters back in their place. Bohemian Rhapsody's power is cancelled and Ungalo loses his will to live.
Heavy Weather Unleashed
Weather Report and Narciso Anasui reach the hospital of Orlando where Weather feels that Pucci is close. Suddenly, Donatello Versus' Stand Under World comes to him and gives him back his memory DISC.
Weather kneels from the shock of recovering his memories, sitting in a seat reserved for hospital patients. When a patient complains about it and a nurse tells him to get out of the seat, Weather is a changed man, having become extremely aggressive. He drowns the nurse, filling his corpse with so much water he becomes a bloated cadaver. Weather leaves the hospital accompanied by a flabbergasted Anasui, and briefly announces his intention of killing his brother, confusing Anasui even more. In the streets, Weather indulges himself in another act of villainy by forcing two women to massage him by running electricity through them.
Battle Against Pucci
The snail outbreak has begun to spread all over Orlando. Weather and Anasui witness the catastrophe, and Anasui, sure that Weather is somehow responsible, demands answers. However, Weather suddenly asks Anasui to kill him, and announces that he will settle his score with Pucci, saying that the priest is now near them. Although Diver Down and Weather Report scan the surroundings, Pucci is nowhere to be seen. Anasui and Weather then see a suspicious empty car and approach it. Suddenly, Weather's right leg is cut off, and Pucci emerges from a nearby mass of snails, somehow immune to Heavy Weather. When Anasui tries to rush toward Pucci to attack him, several snails lunge toward him, infecting him as well. Pucci declares himself victorious and turns his back to the duo, but Weather suddenly jumps to him, his right leg replaced with that of Diver Down. A close quarter fight ensues, but Weather Report is more powerful and its ability to manipulate gusts of winds violently propel Pucci toward a car. Weather closes in and uses a karate chop on Pucci, but the priest decides to reflect the sun's rays with a wing mirror. Anasui's transformation drastically accelerate, but Diver Down is disabled, crippling Weather again.
Pucci then exposes the power subliminal messages has on the human mind. Explaining that Heavy Weather modifies the atmosphere into influencing humans so that they believe they are transforming into snails, the human mind makes the transformation happen. However, since Heavy Weather is founded on sunlight, Pucci simply blinded himself, compensating with his mystic sense to detect Weather. Pucci cuts off Weather's remaining leg, shocking Anasui who attacks the priest. Angry, Pucci punches Anasui with Whitesnake and almost finishes him off. However, Pucci suddenly impales his foot on an ice spike, and finds himself unable to move without risking impalement. Weather used his Stand to freeze his blood which has splattered all over the place and trap Pucci in a maze of spikes, cornering him. Weather crawls toward Pucci to attack him while he's immobilized, but Pucci plunges Whitesnake's hand into Anasui's head to brainwash him, forcing him to reveal the positions of the spikes and escape. However, Anasui notices too late that a spike has formed on Pucci's chest, menacing to impale the latter's head. Moreover, Weather uses the air pressure to disequilibrate him, but Pucci is determined to avoid the attack; Pucci breaks several spikes, throwing them at Weather in the hopes that Weather tries to protect himself and weakens his attack. However, Weather calmly suffers being impaled by the spikes thanks to his death wish, only freezing the blood further to tie Pucci. Now in range, Weather Report punches Pucci and immobilizes him to the ground. Pucci tries to beg Weather, but he shuts him up, declaring that Pucci is an evil oblivious of his evilness, and goes for a finishing punch.
Suddenly, a car crashes next to them, causing chaos and separating the twin brothers. It was Versus, who rode alongside Jolyne, Ermes and Emporio but crashed, unable to control the car after Weather unwittingly created a cloud of dust. Jolyne feels that Pucci is nearby, but the priest has already punched through Weather's chest, supposedly aided by Fate. In his last moments, he was able to wrestle his Stand disc away from Pucci, a gift he left for Jolyne.
His vengeance was ultimately delivered when Emporio used Weather's Stand to defeat Pucci. In the alternate universe, when Irene and Anakiss finally manage to start up their car, with Ermes and Emporio in tow, a reincarnated Weather is shown as a hitchhiker and joins the group shortly after.
Chapters / Episodes
- SO Chapter 24: Ermes's Sticker, Part 4
- SO Chapter 27: There's Six of Us!, Part 2 (Cover only)
- SO Chapter 40: Operation Savage Garden (Head to the Courtyard!), Part 1
- SO Chapter 41: Operation Savage Garden, Part 2
- SO Chapter 42: Operation Savage Garden, Part 3
- SO Chapter 43: Operation Savage Garden, Part 4
- SO Chapter 44: Operation Savage Garden, Part 5
- SO Chapter 45: Operation Savage Garden, Part 6
- SO Chapter 46: Operation Savage Garden, Part 7
- SO Chapter 47: Operation Savage Garden, Part 8
- SO Chapter 48: Torrential Downpour Warning, Part 1
- SO Chapter 58: Ultra Security House Unit (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 59: His Name Is Anasui (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 68: Enter the Dragon's Dream, Part 2 (Cover only)
- SO Chapter 85: AWAKEN, Part 1 (Flashback)
- SO Chapter 91: Whitesnake - The Pursuer, Part 3 (Voice only)
- SO Chapter 95: New Moon! New Priest (Voice only)
- SO Chapter 96: Jail House Lock!, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 97: Jail House Lock!, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 101: Jail House Lock!, Part 6 (Cover only)
- SO Chapter 103: Three Men in the Hospital
- SO Chapter 104: Bohemian Rhapsody, Part 1
- SO Chapter 105: Bohemian Rhapsody, Part 2
- SO Chapter 106: Bohemian Rhapsody, Part 3
- SO Chapter 107: Bohemian Rhapsody, Part 4
- SO Chapter 108: Bohemian Rhapsody, Part 5
- SO Chapter 109: Bohemian Rhapsody, Part 6
- SO Chapter 110: Bohemian Rhapsody, Part 7
- SO Chapter 111: Long Time No See, Romeo (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 117: Sky High, Part 6 (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 118: Time for Heaven: Three Days Until the New Moon
- SO Chapter 121: Under World, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 122: Under World, Part 4 (Stand Disc only)
- SO Chapter 124: Under World, Part 6
- SO Chapter 125: Heavy Weather, Part 1
- SO Chapter 126: Heavy Weather, Part 2
- SO Chapter 127: Heavy Weather, Part 3 (Flashback)
- SO Chapter 128: Heavy Weather, Part 4 (Flashback)
- SO Chapter 129: Heavy Weather, Part 5 (Flashback)
- SO Chapter 130: Heavy Weather, Part 6 (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 131: Heavy Weather, Part 7 (Cover only)
- SO Chapter 132: Heavy Weather, Part 8 (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 133: Heavy Weather, Part 9
- SO Chapter 134: Heavy Weather, Part 10
- SO Chapter 135: Heavy Weather, Part 11
- SO Chapter 136: Heavy Weather, Part 12
- SO Chapter 137: Heavy Weather, Part 13 (Death)
- SO Chapter 138: At Cape Canaveral (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 140: Gravity of the New Moon, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 144: C-MOON, Part 4 (Mentioned only)
- SO Chapter 158: What a Wonderful World (Mentioned only)
- SO Episode 10: Operation Savage Garden (Head to the Courtyard!), Part 1
- SO Episode 11: Operation Savage Garden (Head to the Courtyard!), Part 2
- SO Episode 12: Torrential Downpour Warning
- SO Episode 21: AWAKEN (Flashback)
- SO Episode 22: Time for Heaven! New Moon! New Priest! (Voice only)
- SO Episode 23: Jail House Lock!
- SO Episode 25: Bohemian Rhapsody, Part 1
- SO Episode 26: Bohemian Rhapsody, Part 2
- SO Episode 27: Sky High (Flashback)
- SO Episode 28: Time For Heaven: Three Days Until the New Moon
- SO Episode 29: Under World
- SO Episode 30: Heavy Weather, Part 1
- SO Episode 31: Heavy Weather, Part 2
- SO Episode 32: Heavy Weather, Part 3 (Death)
- SO Episode 33: Gravity of the New Moon (Corpse only)
- SO Episode 38: What a Wonderful World (Mentioned only)
- “Weather Report manipulates the weather. (ウェザー・リポートは天候を操る野力……Wezā Ripōto wa tenkō o ayatsuru noryoku)”
- “Don't worry. I'll absorb it with clouds, if you're going to pull your pants down. (心配するな 「曇」で吸いとってやるよ 君がパンツを下げるなShinpai suru na. 'Kumori' de sui totte yaru yo. Kimi ga pantsu o sageru na)”
- “Don't touch me asshole! Don't make me kill you!”
- “Let's just go insane, how 'bout it?”
- “You know how you can tell girls who'll go out with you from girls who won't? Just try to tell if they're smarter than your nearest tree, and if they look dumber than a tree, chances are, they'll come with you.”
- “I curse my own life... (オレは自分の人生を呪っている……Ore wa jibun no jinsei o norotte iru...)”
- “My only hope to live is to settle with him. (オレの唯一の生きる希望はヤツとの決着をつけることだOre no yuiitsu no ikiru kibō wa yatsu to no ketchaku o tsukeru koto da)”
- “I'm going to be the one to kill Pucci. And after I kill him, kill me. Understand?”
- “You... The kind of evil that doesn't realize that it's evil... is the worst one there is... (おまえは………自分が『悪』だと気づいていない…もっともドス黒い『悪』だ…Omae wa... Jibun ga "aku" dato kidzuite inai... mottomodosu kuroi "aku" da...)”
- “This is the end, Enrico Pucci!!!”
Iggy, Killer Queen, The Fool, Hierophant Green, Kira, Harvest, Weather Report, Weather, D4C, & Sticky Fingers - Ripples of Adventure
- Araki mentions Weather Report's fur hat as being his favorite design piece in the series.
- Weather Report's voice actor in All-Star Battle and Eyes of Heaven, Toru Okawa, is also the narrator in both games and in the TV anime since the first season. He was also the voice of Joseph Joestar in Heritage for the Future.
- In All-Star Battle R, Weather Report's moveset takes inspiration from Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers. He also has attacks similar to Blanka and Cody from the Street Fighter series.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 SO Chapter 127: Heavy Weather, Part 3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 SO Chapter 41: Operation Savage Garden, Part 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 SO Chapter 40: Operation Savage Garden (Head to the Courtyard!), Part 1
- ↑ Stone Ocean Model Sheet No.CR007-01
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 SO Chapter 128: Heavy Weather, Part 4
- ↑ SO Chapter 134: Heavy Weather, Part 10, pg.7
- ↑ SO Chapter 68: Enter the Dragon's Dream, Part 2
- ↑ SO Chapter 103: Three Men in the Hospital
- ↑ SO Chapter 129: Heavy Weather, Part 5
- ↑ SO Chapter 59: His Name Is Anasui, p.8
- ↑ SO Chapter 125: Heavy Weather, Part 1, p.3-5
- ↑ SO Chapter 126: Heavy Weather, Part 2, p.17
- ↑ SO Chapter 133: Heavy Weather, Part 9, p.3-4
- ↑ SO Chapter 137: Heavy Weather, Part 13, p.16
- ↑ VOGUE+ (February 2022)