Jack the Ripper
Jack the Ripper was an adult man of average height and muscular build. He possesses a regular haircut and a full short beard.
First seen with a full suit, he would go bare-chested when transformed into a Zombie and hide a number of daggers in his body.
Jack the Ripper is shown to have a gentlemanly facade, able to convince a woman to walk with him on a dark night. When he reveals his true colors, he does not hesitate to stab the unarmed woman to death. This trait becomes even worse when he's turned into a Zombie as he becomes even more cruel and insane. Jack is shown to have a desire only to cut things and cause pain.
After being turned into a Zombie, Jack becomes even more brutal than he was as a human. The zombified Jack is not only unable to feel pain, but also has incredible speed: he is shown to be able to kill a man, decapitate two horses, and hide inside the body of one horse in a matter of seconds.
After killing his final victim as a human, Jack was approached by a then-incapacitated Dio Brando who saw the evil in the man's heart and decides to make him one of his zombie minions. Refusing at first, Jack accepted after a failed attempt to kill Dio. (In the anime, Dio instead hypnotizes Jack to come forward so that the former could suck his blood to turn him into a loyal zombie servant.)
Later, he corners Jonathan Joestar, Robert E. O. Speedwagon and Will Anthonio Zeppeli in a tunnel on their way to Windknight's, decapitating their coachman along with the horses as he hid in one of them. Once revealing himself, Jack proceeded to throw the coach wagon into the mouth of the tunnel to prevent Jonathan and his companions from escaping. Zeppeli, fighting Jack to prove a point about Ripple energy and courage, manages to wound the zombie as he escapes into a labyrinth hidden in the tunnel, intending to attack from the darkness. Zeppeli gives Jonathan the task to finish off Jack as his final test, giving the youth a wine glass to pinpoint Jack's location on the other side of a wall. In the dark tunnels, Jack acquires a giant pincer with which he intends to cut Jonathan. His first attack fail and Jonathan is forced to abandon his torch. JoJo finally understands that the glass of wine acts as a detector and eliminates Jack with a huge Overdrive, surging through the brick wall and melting Jack.
Chapters / Episodes
- “You've been playing too late, dirty harlot! (この夜遅くまで遊んでる堕落した女ガァーッ！！Kono yoru osokumade asonderu daraku shita on'na ga!!)”
- “You are like mice trapped underwater... I will warm my pale flesh with your fresh blood! Prepare to despair, insects! (罠とともに水に沈められるネズミのように…青ざめた面にしてからおまえらの鮮血のあたたかさを あぁぁ味わってやる！絶望ォーに身をよじねィ虫けちどもォオオーッ！！Wana to tomoni mizu ni shizume rareru nezumi no yō ni... Aozameta men ni shite kara omae-ra no senketsu no atataka-sa o aaaajiwatte yaru! Zetsubō ni mi o yoji nei-chū kechi-domoooo!!)”
Jack appears as one of several Part 1 characters to have a Medal Striker. His FINISH Move sees him using the torture device on the defeated opponent. If defeated, Jack's Medal Striker will drop a knife; if any other Medal Striker gets near it, they'll lose some health points.
- In the original Weekly Shonen Jump publication of Chapter 22, Jack compares the protagonists to "pigs in a slaughterhouse" (屠所のブタ). This is changed to "mice trapped underwater" (罠とともに水に沈められるネズミ) in the volume release.
- Jack's seiyuu, Naomi Kusumi, would later go on to also voice Father Nijimura in the Diamond is Unbreakable TV Anime.
- Jack's English voice actor, Paul St. Peter, would later go on to also voice Wamuu in the Battle Tendency adaptation.