Kenny G. (ケニーG Kenī Jī) is a tertiary antagonist featured in the third part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Stardust Crusaders.
Serving as one of DIO's many servants, Kenny G. protects the mansion by casting an illusion that makes the mansion look like a labyrinth on the inside. However, he is quickly dispatched by the Crusaders.
Kenny G. is a small, stocky man with pointy, prominent ears, a small nose, and close-set eyes. He wears a side-buttoned shirt with shoulder pads, dark pants, dark shoes, gloves, a golden metallic necklace, and a conical hat.
In his short amount of screen time, Kenny G. shows a feeling of superiority over Nukesaku, threatening to kill the Vampire if he gets in the others' way.
In the spinoff Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak, Kenny G. remains the same elusive man he was during Stardust Crusaders, but now having settled down with Mariah. He is shown to dislike Hol Horse to the point of not trusting him, only allowing him in his hideout after Hol Horse agrees not to summon Emperor. Even then, Kenny G. doesn't deign to appear in front of Hol Horse.
- Main article: Tenore Sax
Kenny G.'s Stand Tenore Sax is capable of generating large illusions and hallucinations. He uses it to disguise the appearance of DIO's mansion.
Kenny G. is first shown preparing himself to battle the Joestar group with Vanilla Ice and Telence T. D'Arby. When Nukesaku suggests he could help them, the group threatens to kill him should he interfere in their battle.
Stardust Crusaders (1989)
Kenny G. uses his Stand to trap Joseph Joestar and Jotaro Kujo with Telence in order to aid his comrade. With this, he splits the Joestar group in half, setting the stage for Vanilla Ice's later attack. He conjures an illusion to slow the remaining half's progress, making DIO's mansion display a much more confusing and sprawling layout than it had in reality. By the time they encountered Kenny G.'s illusions, however, Muhammad Avdol had already easily discovered where he was hiding using one of Magician's Red's abilities. Iggy then used The Fool and disposed of him before he could do any damage.
Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak
It is revealed that Kenny G. survived his ordeal and that the Speedwagon Foundation apparently left him be. Ten years after the events of Stardust Crusaders, Kenny G. has settled down with Mariah. For unknown reasons, the couple have a hideout in an abandoned bar camouflaged with his Tenore Sax. Kenny G. lets Hol Horse enter his hideout to speak to Mariah, but only after Hol Horse agrees to unsummon his Emperor. Even then, Kenny G. doesn't deign showing himself.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 239: The Miasma of the Void, Vanilla Ice, Part 2 (Retired)
- Chapter 247: DIO's World, Part 1 (Flashback)
- CDDH Chapter 1: Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak #1 (Voice only)
- SC Episode 42: The Miasma of the Void, Vanilla Ice, Part 1 (Retired)
- SC Episode 44: The Miasma of the Void, Vanilla Ice, Part 3 (Flashback)
JoJo RPG (SFC)
Kenny G. appears as a minor boss when the player enters DIO's mansion. He has low health and flees in terror after the first turn. Eventually, the player can corner him and defeat him with few problems, dispelling the illusion he placed on the mansion.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (PS1)
Kenny G. or Ken-E-Gee in the English localization, appears a Mini Game in Super Story Mode. The player must use Avdol's heat detectors to find him and send Iggy out to attack him. The player is given a view of Kenny's movement, but with the added difficulty of Tenore Sax's confusing layout. Kenny G.'s special battle can be unlocked in Book Mode.
- Having been a fan of the artist Kenny G, Araki apologized in hindsight for making the character so dispensable.
- Kenny G.'s voice actor in Heritage for the Future, Wataru Takagi, also voiced Arabia Fats, Cameo and Boingo in the same game. He would eventually voice Okuyasu Nijimura in multiple media since 'All-Star Battle'.
- ↑ Pet Shop's Horus - Vol.8 "Shueisha Jump Remix Stardust Crusaders Edition" P84 The Secret of JOJO Characters
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chapter 247: DIO's World, Part 1
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.104
- ↑ Chapter 239: The Miasma of the Void, Vanilla Ice, Part 2
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: Araki's Stand Commentaries - Tenore Sax