Page, Jones, Plant, and Bornnam
Page (ペイジ Peiji), Jones (ジョーンズ Jōnzu), Plant (プラント Puranto), and Bornnam (ボーンナム Bōnnamu) are a group of tertiary antagonists featured in the first part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Phantom Blood.
They are four zombies with horrifying and bestial appearances. Dio Brando summons them during his penultimate confrontation with Jonathan Joestar.
Although all four zombies have muscular humanoid bodies, they each have features that are a combination of various creatures. All of them wear warrior armor, have claws and fangs, and also have cables connected to different parts of their bodies.
Page has a head resembling a canine's skull with long segmented horns above his eyes extending past his head. Small veins stick out of his horns and the back of his head. The back of his head also has a visor. Page wears a loincloth and a belt with a skull emblem. He is the skinniest zombie compared to the others.
Jones has a face slightly resembling an alligator but with two prominent front fangs extending from his nose. The top of his head appears tumorous with small veins sticking out.
Plant's face resembles a deformed human. His nose and mouth are wide and he has a long drooping bottom lip. His most prominent feature is a round shield stitched onto the side of his head, covering his left eye. His skin has various tiny bumps and he has long veins extending past his head. He also has a long segmented tail, which is cylindrical at the end.
Bornnam has an asymmetrical head that is split in the middle, appearing with two completely different faces. The left half of his face looks toward the left instead of facing straight. It has a flattened nose and a webbed design on the top with small veins sticking out. The face on its right side is vertically longer and appears to have a metallic surface, resembling a mask. It faces forward and looks more humanoid, having a drooping eye, a nose, and a crease above its mouth resembling a mustache. The mouth on this face does not move when Bornnam speaks. This face has a cable connecting it to his shoulder pad, whereas his other shoulder has a cable connecting to his back. Bornnam is the largest zombie compared to the other three.
(Anime palettes have been manually brightened.)
Little is known of their personalities, since they are quickly killed by Straizo. However, they are all violent and cruel creatures excited to kill humans.
In the anime, they are given a short additional scene where they ask for Dio's orders before attacking Jonathan, showing that they are subservient to Dio and don't impulsively attack without getting orders beforehand.
Page, Jones, Plant, and Bornnam share all the typical characteristics of a zombie. Their strength is multiplied and they are weak to sunlight and the Ripple.
In the past, the four were knights who were executed in Windknight's Lot. Dio Brando revives them as zombies on December 1, 1888.
In the anime, the four zombies appear slightly earlier. They take the role of Dio's other zombies. They attempt to fight Jonathan Joestar when he arrives, but Dio stops them and sends them back into hiding, as Jonathan is his prey.
The four zombies approach Poco and his sister, but before they can dispose of the two, they are confronted by Straizo. The four then reveal their names and try to dispose of the Ripple user by attacking simultaneously with their Needle Vein Strike. Straizo jumps into the air and kicks a hanging chandelier causing it to fall. With their veins tangled after missing their prey, the four zombies are trapped inside the chandelier. Straizo then strikes the iron part of the chandelier with the Ripple, melting and killing the zombies.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 39: Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio, Part 1 (Death)
- Episode 8: Bloody Battle! JoJo & Dio (Death)
- “Lord Dio, we await your order to eliminate him. (ディオ様ァァァ！ここおれたちにヤツの処刑を命令してくだせえー！Dio-sama! Koko oretachi ni yatsu no shokei o meirei shiteku dase!)”
- “I'll let my fangs make an impression on him! (この牙の歯型としてくれましョオオオオオ！Kono kiba no hagata toshite kuremasho!)”
- “My name is Page. (おれの名はペイジOre no na wa Peiji.)”
- “Jones. (ジョーンズJōnzu.)”
- “Plant. (プラントPuranto.)”
- “Bornnam. (ボーンナムBōnnamu.)”
- “Needle Vein Strike! (血管針攻撃！Kekkanshin Kōgeki!)”
Phantom Blood (PS2 Game)
Page, Jones, Plant, and Bornnam appear as enemies faced in Chapter 21. The player controls Straizo and must face all four together. They are individually playable in some Extra Battle Mode fights, though their movesets are limited.
- Their profiles in the Phantom Blood PS2 game call them the Big Four (四天王 Shiten'nō) among the group of zombies who were executed in their pasts, implying that they are notably stronger than the other executed zombies.
- Plant's voice actor, Taketora, also voiced Dire.
- ↑ Chapter 41: Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio, Part 3
- ↑ Yoshihiro Kanemitsu's Roles
- ↑ https://twitter.com/taketora0131/status/272006695532773376
- ↑ Episode 8: Bloody Battle! JoJo & Dio
- ↑ Chapter 38: The Three from a Faraway Land, Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 39: Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio, Part 1
- ↑ Phantom Blood (PS2 Game)