Adams (アダムス Adamusu) is a tertiary antagonist featured in the first part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Phantom Blood.
Adams is a former human and villager from Windknight's Lot who becomes a Zombie created by Dio Brando. Pretending to still be human, he attempts to ambush Poco from behind with his long, stretchable tongue, but is promptly defeated by Jonathan Joestar.
In his human disguise, Adams is an ordinary man of average height and a muscular build. He has short curly light hair with two thin bangs. He has a particularly long and wide nose. Adams wears a vest with pockets on both sides on top of a collared long sleeve shirt. He carries a messenger bag around his shoulder. Below, he wears a belt, thick pants, and long boots.
When he reveals his zombified form, Adams grows fangs and his tongue becomes abnormally long. He abandons his human appearance by bulking up his upper torso, growing more muscles and losing his shirt. His hair falls off and he becomes bald, with the top of his head up to his nose gaining a narrow, segmented protuberance with several small spikes attached.
Adams initially appears as a normal adult, lecturing Poco that a child like him shouldn't be out so late at night. He can be somewhat immature as he mimics cow horns with his fingers while teasing Poco that his sister will lock him in a barn.
However, he reveals his true nature as a disingenuous heartless zombie, who is particularly bloodthirsty to eat children. He attempts to be sly by tricking Poco and the Joestar group that the town is okay, only to try ambushing them from behind after they walk away. Despite his overconfidence in his abilities, his tongue is easily caught by Jonathan.
As a zombie, Adams multiplies his physical strength. He can grow his muscles and is confident in his speed, assuming Jonathan would be unable to outpace him.
On December 1, 1888, Dio Brando turns Adams into a zombie in Windknight's Lot. That night, he meets Poco, Jonathan, and Speedwagon while disguised as a human. Poco greets him but Adams scolds him for being out so late at night. After Poco asks how his sister and the town are doing, Adams imitates the horns of a cow with his fingers. He explains that Poco's sister is furious that Poco is out so late and will lock him in a barn when he returns home. Poco thanks Adams and the three head off toward Dio.
As they leave, Adams extends his tongue and twists his head 180 degrees. Excited to drink the blood of a child, he launches his tongue at Poco but it is easily grabbed by Jonathan before reaching Poco. Adams enlarges the muscles of his upper torso, tearing off his shirt and losing his hair to reveal that he is a zombie. Confident in his speed, he jumps above Jonathan, preparing to strike with his hands and mouth. Jonathan easily grabs Adams' tongue and steps on his head, infusing his foot with the Ripple. As the Ripple melts Adams' face, Jonathan pulls Adams' tongue out and he dies.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 36: The Three from a Faraway Land, Part 1 (Death)
- Episode 7: The Successor (Death)
- “Hey, Poco! What's a kid like you doing, roaming about at this hour?! (おいポコォ！おめーのようなガキんちょが夜おそく どこほっつき歩いとるんだァー！？Oi Poko! O-me no yōna gaki n cho ga yoru osoku doko hottsuki arui torunda!?)”
- “She'll lock you in the barn when you get home, and feed you some bitter medicine to boot! (帰ってきたらオメーのこと牛小屋にとじこめてにがい薬のませてやるとよォ！Kaettekitara omē no koto ushigoya ni tojikomete nigai kusuri noma sete yaru to yo!)”
- “A child! Uheeheehee... Dumbasses! I want to drink the fresh, warm blood of a child! (こ…子どもだァ！ウヒヒヒ、バカめェ！子どものあったけー血がすいてェーぜ！Ko… kodomo da! Uhihihi, baka-me! Kodomo no atta ke chi ga suite ze!)”
- “You think you can match my speed?! (ほれ様のスピードがかわへるかーっ！Hore-sama no supīdo ga kawa heru ka!)”
Latin American Spanish
Phantom Blood (PS2 Game)
Adams appears as an enemy in Chapter 18, faced before Jonathan's confrontation with Dire. His special techniques revolve around attacking with his tongue. In Dio Mode, there is an extra event where he teams up with Doobie to defeat Dio. He is only playable in 77 Rings Knights Mode.
- Adams' voice actor, Hidenori Takahashi, would later voice Scatola in Escape From JoJo's Bizarre Museum and the Corrupt Lawyer in the Part 6 anime.
- ↑ Chapter 41: Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio, Part 3
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chapter 36: The Three from a Faraway Land, Part 1