Nukesaku (ヌケサク) is a tertiary antagonist featured in the third part of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series, Stardust Crusaders.
He is a Vampire henchman of DIO that disguises himself as a woman as an attempt to attack Jotaro when the Joestar Group infiltrates DIO's mansion. Having no Stand, he is used as a punching bag and unwilling guide to his master's coffin.
Nukesaku is a small, pale-skinned male vampire. He has long dark unkempt hair spiked backwards and a large widow's peak. Nukesaku wears a dark jumpsuit with an assorted vest and scarf on top. He also wears boots, a loincloth, multiple ringlets on his wrists and ankles, and an animal print taqiyah.
Nukesaku's back is the face and physique of a woman, used to disguise himself and fool the Joestar Group. Disguised as a female, Nukesaku wears simple earrings, a light dress, and a stylish belt. However due to his clumsiness, he forgets to fixate his hands to match his body.
Nukesaku is the dim-witted and loyal servant of DIO. He is looked down by the others within DIO's mansion, and ordered to not interfere in the climactic battle. DIO's henchmen seem to detest him so much that he was nicknamed idiot (抜作 nukesaku). Although he accepts his nickname, he acts snide when the other henchmen are defeated before him, mocking them for being the useless ones. Since Nukesaku lacks combat strength, he acts as a crying woman to lure his opponents to him. However, he overestimates his bizarre ability and immortality as he is easily defeated by the heroes who coerce him to reveal DIO's location. Despite this, though largely out of fear, Nukesaku displays naive loyalty to DIO.
As a vampire, Nukesaku has the natural ability to dislocate his body parts. In conjunction with his "Female Face", he can use it to trick people into believing he's actually just an innocent woman.
Nukesaku has the face and physique of a woman on his backside. Using the female face, he can use it to talk and make expressions. While somewhat useful, he often forgets to fixate his body to match the way this face is looking.
Nukesaku is one of DIO's many servants within the mansion. He was turned into a vampire at some point by drinking DIO's blood. Nukesaku, disliked by his allies so much, was nicknamed idiot (抜作 nukesaku).
At some point after DIO's awakening of a Stand, he decides to experiment with his potential. Nukesaku is seen wielding a sawed-off double-barrel shotgun to test the power of The World. He fires and DIO mysteriously discovers the true extent of his power.
Stardust Crusaders (1989)
Nukesaku is refused any involvement in the climactic battle with the Joestar Group by his allies who threaten to murder him should he interfere. However, after the deaths of DIO's remaining loyalists, he hopes to gain the chance to prove his value.
Nukesaku attempts to use his ability to trick Jotaro and company into believing he's an innocent woman trapped in DIO's mansion. He, however, is greeted with a punch to the face by Star Platinum, and it is then that Jotaro tells him that he was careless, due to the fact that he had not reversed his hands as well. Nukesaku notes that he forgot his thumbs pointed in the opposite direction when he was clasping his hands. He is forced to lead the group to DIO and believes that DIO will use this opportunity to defeat the Joestars, but when he removes the lid of his master's coffin, he finds himself sectioned to pieces in the coffin instead.
Chapters / Episodes
- Chapter 247: DIO's World, Part 1
- Chapter 249: DIO's World, Part 3 (Retired)
- Chapter 250: DIO's World, Part 4
- Chapter 257: DIO's World, Part 11 (Flashback)
- SC Episode 2: Who Will Be the Judge?! (Silhouette)
- SC Episode 3: DIO's Curse
- SC Episode 24: High Priestess, Part 2
- SC Episode 44: The Miasma of the Void, Vanilla Ice, Part 3
- SC Episode 45: DIO's World, Part 1 (Retired)
- SC Episode 47: DIO's World, Part 3 (Flashback)
Capcom Fighters (PS1/DC/Arcade)
JoJo's Venture & Heritage for the Future
Nukesaku appears as part of the Joestar Group's individual Story Mode campaigns, in cut-scenes mirroring the plot of Stardust Crusaders as he's captured by Jotaro and forced to open DIO's coffin.
If censorship (regulation in the arcade options, triggered by certain region settings) is enabled, or in the HD remake, expressions disabled, he will instead be wholly trapped inside DIO's coffin in utter disbelief, without the dismemberment of the original, and the crusaders leave him helpless upon realizing DIO is in the vicinity.
When DIO is hit by Alessi's Sethan, he will turn into a whimpering Nukesaku.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (PS1)
With the addition of Super Story Mode, Nukesaku appears as a minor villain in the plot. He is captured by Jotaro and forced to reveal DIO's location. When they arrive to the coffin, he's then forced to open the coffin but to the group's surprise, Nukesaku is suddenly inside the coffin, wounded and confused.
All-Star Battle (PS3)
Nukesaku appears as a stage hazard on DIO'S MANSION stage, after one of the players is thrown into the hazard indication area, Nukesaku will appears on the stage's wall. Excited, he will drop down on a location equally distant between both fighters, skewing towards whichever character has more health. Characters he lands on will bounce on the ground and take considerable damage. If hit himself by any source, Nukesaku will be sent reeling before retreating back to the ceiling. Attacked or not, he will continue to drop down from the ceiling periodically for the rest of the match.
JoJo's Pitter-Patter Pop! (Android/iOS)
All-Star Battle R (Various)
An antagonist from Part 3: Stardust Crusaders. He is a Vampire and one of DIO's henchmen, but lacks a Stand ability. He tries to ensnare the Joestars with his ability to masquerade as a woman, but fails and is captured. He is forced to help open DIO's casket, only to be sliced apart and killed by DIO himself.
Nukesaku appears as the Stage Gimmick (ステージギミック Sutēji Gimikku) for the DIO's Mansion (ディオの館 DIO no Yakata) stage. He jumps down and attacks the players, returning an unlimited number of times.
Nukesaku also has a few Tag Lines (プレイヤーカード名言 Pureiyā Kādo Meigen). They can be unlocked by completing 150 Secret Missions in All-Star Battle Mode.
- “It... was me inside... Even though I was the one who opened the lid!”
- “I can't hold on to the "in your face!" laugh that's welling up inside me right now!”
- “"Loser"?! I am not a loser!”
- “May I ask you something? How did you know they call me "Loser"?”
- Nukesaku is incorrectly classified as a zombie rather than a vampire in JoJo 6251.
- In Weekly Shonen Jump 1997 #22/23, Araki confirms in an author's note that Nukesaku is a vampire with no Stand ability. This had apparently been a frequent question asked of him by fans.
- Notably only in the novel, Over Heaven, Nukesaku is instead considered a Zombie.
- Nukesaku's voice actor in the Part 3 TV anime, Toru Nara, previously voiced Bruford in the 2007 Phantom Blood movie adaptation and later voiced Thunder McQueen in the Part 6 anime.
- ↑ Yuji Kishi "CODE RED" Official Website - Biography of YUJI KISHI
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chapter 505: Baby Face, Part 6, Author's Note
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Chapter 247: DIO's World, Part 1 P.3.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Chapter 247: DIO's World, Part 1 P.14.
- ↑ Chapter 247: DIO's World, Part 1
- ↑ Chapter 249: DIO's World, Part 3 P.13.
- ↑ Chapter 247: DIO's World, Part 1 P.11.
- ↑ Chapter 247: DIO's World, Part 1 P.12.
- ↑ Chapter 257: DIO's World, Part 11 P.7.
- ↑ Chapter 249: DIO's World, Part 3
- ↑ Chapter 250: DIO's World, Part 4