Bruno Bucciarati ★ Video Games
A summary of Bruno Bucciarati's history and movesets in video games.
Bucciarati makes his debut on the PS2 game, as a boss and playable character.
Much like the events in Part 5, Bucciarati appears as the first enemy the player must face (controlling Giorno) in both Chapters 1 and 2. As Chapter 1 is more of the tutorial, the battle against him has the lowest difficulty in the entire game, with a single Stand Shoot attack doing a seventh of his health bar on Easy difficulty. In Chapter 2, he attempts to hide among four civilians, requiring Giorno to find him in order to beat him. All of his moves are shared as a boss and a playable character, and his attack pattern revolves around him using his Stand Shoot.
Bucciarati appears in All Star Battle as a playable character, he was confirmed for the game alongside Narancia and Diavolo.
His move set mostly remains the same from the previous game, and only received adjustments to make Bucciarati's moves more fitting for a fighting game character, such as allowing him to use zippers to chain combos. As one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Bucciarati can turn Sticky Fingers on/off, changing movesets, as well as having access to the Stand Rush ability returning from the Capcom game, being able to attack in conjunction with his Stand.
- Throw - From interrogation to torture!: Bucciarati grabs the opponent, punches them upside the head hard enough for them to bounce on the ground, backhand-punches them in the abdomen to knock them into the air, and backhand-punches them again in the head to send them flying.
While Sticky Fingers is off:
- I've got you!: Bucciarati punches the opponent from medium-range by extending his arm with a zipper. This move can be performed in mid-air. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel).
- This isn't my arm.: Bucciarati summons Sticky Fingers as they perform a 3-hit combo in unison. If Heavy is inputted, there is a delay but the opponent is sent flying on the final hit. This move can only be interrupted by Throws and HHA/GHA. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Close, zipper!: Bucciarati rides a zipper placed on the ground at high speed toward or away from the opponent. This move can be used to create or close distance between them, assisting in evasion through the former. This move has a follow-up:
- So I gotta beat you, huh?: Bucciarati delivers a low sliding kick that sends the opponent flying if hit. This move is a low attack that cannot be blocked if the opponent is not crouching.
- I'll finish you from afar!: Bucciarati places a zipper on the ground and enters it, his subsequent reappearance depending on the buttons inputted. If Down is held, he'll reappear from the ground through another zipper. If Up is held, he'll drop from the air, regardless of whether the stage has a physical ceiling or not.
- Light - He appears a distance from the opponent, or his position does not change if Bucciarati is already far enough from the opponent.
- Medium - He appears close to the opponent, or right in front of them if close enough.
- Heavy - He appears right in front of/above the opponent, or much closer if Bucciarati is too far.
While Sticky Fingers is on:
- ARI ARI ARI ARI: Sticky Fingers rapidly punches as it moves forward, the final punch sending the opponent flying. This move can be performed in mid-air and is a Stand Rush skill that Bucciarati can disconnect from to attack the opponent while it is executing. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Not so bright are you?: Both Bucciarati and Sticky Fingers punch the opponent from long-range by extending their arms with zippers. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Saw it coming miles away!: Sticky Fingers creates a zipper on the ground and punches into it. Another zipper immediately opens up under the opponent to deliver the punch and knock them into the air. This move is a low attack, and cannot be blocked if the opponent is not crouching. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Open, zipper!: Sticky Fingers sends out a zipper moving towards the opponent, knocking them into the air if they touch it. This move is a low attack, and cannot be blocked if the opponent is not crouching. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
Bucciarati's HHA, "Are you prepared? I am!", involves him bracing himself with his arms before sprinting forward. If he successfully tackles the opponent, Bucciarati will grab them before falling with them into an open zipper on the ground created by Sticky Fingers, and deal a number of blows to them off-screen. Bucciarati finishes by creating a zipper in the air and pile-driving his victim, at the cost of a sliver of health. Bucciarati can regain this lost health over time, but only if he doesn't receive any more damage during this process.
Bucciarati's GHA, "Arrivederci!", involves Sticky Fingers creating a zipper on the ground and punching into it, sending out another zipper moving towards the opponent. If it touches the opponent, a zipper-extended punch comes out of it, uppercutting them into the air. Bucciarati and Sticky Fingers then retreat into an open zipper on the ground. Sticky Fingers creates and emerges from another zipper under the airborne opponent and assaults them with a barrage of upward punches whilst letting out its signature "ARI ARI ARI" cry. Bucciarati slowly emerges after many hits and bids his opponent an "Arrivederci" while saluting, as a final left hook from his Stand sends them flying away (similar to how he finished Pesci).
Alongside the rest of the playable members of his gang (sans Narancia), as well as Ermes Costello of Part 6, Bucciarati is one of the only characters who activate Resolve Mode instead of the normal Rumble Mode when low on health. In this state, attacks that do not result in hard knockdowns or blow-backs no longer phase the character.
If Bucciarati is in a round where he could be Retired, "Heaven's small coincidence" activates upon his defeat if he has at least one stock of the Heart Heat Gauge, granting him a small amount of Resolve Mode health to continue fighting with.
If he is hit with Giorno's HHA, "Savor the taste of pain!", Gold Experience delivers a potent hook to his jaw, effectively dislocating it as a tooth can be seen flying from his mouth, recreating the exact same scenario in the manga.
Bucciarati was voted as the 4th most fan-favorite character in All Star Battle's League, making an exhibition match against Part 4 Josuke Higashikata to promote the game.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven (PS3/PS4)
Bucciarati was confirmed for Eyes of Heaven alongside Diavolo and Trish Una, as both a playable character and a guide NPC. As a Stand User, Bucciarati is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle.
- Style Action - Open, zipper!: Bucciarati summons Sticky Fingers to install a zipper on the ground. Opponents that step on the zippers will be paralyzed and left vulnerable to further attack. Bucciarati also has secondary applications for placed zippers.
- Zipper Icon: A small open zipper above Bucciarati's health gauge displays how many zippers he has active at a given time. He may have up to four zippers placed; assuming this Style Action is continuously used as soon as its cooldown period ends, the oldest zipper will run out of time and expire before Bucciarati can place a fifth.
- I'll finish you from afar!: If the Style Action button is held, Bucciarati places a zipper on the ground and enters it. This grants him invincibility and allows him to exit from any of the zippers he's already placed as he pleases, represented by anchor icons the player can select from. Bucciarati may travel between zippers from anywhere on the stage, regardless of distance, but will automatically choose the closest one if a destination zipper is not manually selected. This allows for quick escapes and inversely can be used to get closer to opponents just as quickly. If no other zipper is active, Bucciarati will simply come back out of the same zipper he entered. Upon his exit, he may also instantly cancel the skill with "Close, zipper!".
- Saw it coming miles away!: Sticky Fingers creates a zipper on the ground, then spawns a second zipper which travels as a projectile-type attack. The moving zipper has homing capabilities and will automatically curve towards targets. If it connects, the zipper immediately opens up and Sticky Fingers will deliver a punch into the first zipper that comes out the other end to uppercut opponents high into the air. Bucciarati is vulnerable when performing this skill, as he must maintain the moving zipper. The zipper will also stop upon making contact with a wall or other obstacle.
- ARI ARI ARI ARI: Sticky Fingers flies a short distance forward before attacking by rapidly punching 11 times. The final punch sends opponents flying, has a short delay, and causes the Stand to move even more forward. Upon the last punch being throw, Bucciarati can cancel the skill with his Style Action.
- Disgraces like you screw up everything they do!: Bucciarati unzips his arm and delivers a long-range punch. The activating input may be held to further increase range. If the punch connects, Bucciarati then grabs his target and pulls them towards him, giving him the chance to attack first. He can cancel the punch into any other attack.
- Close, zipper!: Bucciarati rides a zipper placed on the ground at high speeds, similar to his Homing Dash. This move can be used for traversal or closing the distance on his targets, assisting in evasion through the former. The activating input can be held to increase the time and therefore distance he covers. While active, Bucciarati's stamina gauge quickly drains, and he will damage opponents he makes contact with. If his Homing Dash is inputted, Bucciarati will instantly change directions towards his target if locked-on, or to the closest opponent otherwise. He may also instantly cancel the skill with "I'll finish you from afar!" while moving.
- In a similar fashion, and under a skill of the same name, Bucciarati is able to use his zippers to carry himself up to certain walls and columns around the stage. This grants him the ability to reach different areas of stages without needing to travel the conventional routes, or simply avoid attacks. Holding this activating button will allow him to climb higher, and he is able to attack from his vantage points.
- EX - Saw it coming miles away!: The moving zipper's speed and homing capabilities are given a boost, and Bucciarati is granted super armor through the entire attack's duration.
- EX - ARI ARI ARI ARI: Sticky Fingers throws 7 more punches, while Bucciarati is invincible until the attack begins, and is also granted super armor through the entire attack's duration afterward.
- Trait - A tiny stroke of fate that heaven allowed: When Bucciarati's health hits zero for the first time, he will be granted a portion of a health gauge to continue on with. He is granted super armor on every action, such as activating skills, Normal and Powerful Attacks, Homing Dashes and Homing Dash Attacks, and when he places zippers via his Style Action. Once his health reaches zero once more, Bucciarati will then be formally Retired.
- I'll finish you from afar.: Bucciarati must use "I'll finish you from afar!" 3 times. (200 Points)
- How about it? My skills make you shiver, no?: Bucciarati must trap opponents using his Style Action twice. (200 Points)
- If you can predict my movements, then...!: Bucciarati must connect "Saw it coming miles away!" 3 times. (300 Points)
- So I gotta beat you, huh?: Bucciarati must successfully execute 5 Combo Breakers. (500 Points)
- Arrivederci!: Bucciarati must Retire an opponent with a Dual Heat Attack. (800 Points)
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - Arrivederci!: Identical to its performance in All Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity.
- With Giorno - Double Arrivederci: Giorno has Gold Experience punch the opponent away and onto the ground before Bucciarati has Sticky Fingers place a zipper on the ground. The zipper rapidly closes and the two ride it to close the distance on their target before they leap into the air. In unison, both Bucciarati and Giorno inform the opponent of their resolve before Sticky Fingers and Gold Experience pummel their target while letting out their Stand Cries. The two Stands glow with blue and golden auras, respectively, and finish their assault with a joint uppercut that sends the opponent high into the air, while both users bid them an "Arrivederci".
Bucciarati is given an alternate costume. The costume is based on his appearance as a child, with his bangs parted in the middle, and lacking his hair's accessories and braid. He sports a simpler, more casual zipperless outfit consisting of a long, low cut v-neck shirt and open jacket over it, and wearing pants that do not have the spoon-like symbols that are signature to his normal appearance.
He is paired with Trish in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament, having been placed in the F Block series of battles to be incorporated into the main Tournament. They defeated Diavolo and Joshu Higashikata in the first round, and Part 4 Jotaro Kujo and Diego Brando (Parallel World) in the second, being incorporated into the main branch. In the semifinals, they defeated Giorno and Mista in the first round but were eliminated by Jolyne Cujoh and Gyro Zeppeli in the second.
JoJo's Pitter-Patter Pop! (Android/IOS)
Lurking in a Zipper
The Path I Believe In
Last Survivor (Arcade)
Bucciarati was one of the characters first confirmed during the game's announcement. He has two unique zipper-related abilities allowing him to move quickly through walls, or hide in objects for a limited amount of time.