Diavolo ★ Video Games
A summary of Diavolo's history and movesets in video games.
Diavolo is a playable character in All Star Battle. As one of the seven main antagonists, Diavolo is stronger than most characters and his ability to cause massive damage per individual hit makes up for his limited combos.
As one of the majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Diavolo can turn King Crimson on/off, changing movesets. Though unlike the vast majority of Stand Users in the game, he does not have access to the Stand Rush ability that returns from the Capcom game; None of his skills allow him to attack in conjunction with his Stand, as every single one of his attacks, including normal hits, are delivered solely by King Crimson. He shares this effect with Hol Horse and Guido Mista.
King Crimson acts as a powerful Stand whose melee attacks knock the opponent off their feet. When it is on, Diavolo's Heavy ground and air attacks down the opponent, and his crouching Heavy attack knocks the opponent into the air; His crouching Medium attack fills in the role of tripping the opponent. These melee attacks can be used to set up combos as most of his skills lack the potential to do so. Diavolo has 900 HP.
If Diavolo is Retired via any attack that does not result in a hard knockdown or blow-back, he will fall to his knees and weakly point at the opponent in fear, mirroring one of his infinite deaths in the story. If Retired by Giorno himself, he will furiously call him a brat/kid in a way similar to his final moments against Giorno before being defeated.
Diavolo is the only villain from Part 5 to appear in the game as a playable character, the third tallest character in the game behind Joseph Joestar and Wamuu (slightly taller than even DIO and the same height as any other Part 3 character), and also the only character to have 2 characters appearing during his intro (Diavolo and Doppio). For two of his victory poses, Doppio is used instead of Diavolo, and Doppio speaks several of his own (his "phone's" ringtone, answering the phone, his statement about the world being filled with idiots, etc.). Notably enough, Diavolo has no post-round special lines, regardless of whom he's fighting; All opponents that Diavolo has unique dialogue with will illicit special intro lines, though should Diavolo win, he will simply use whatever line of victory dialogue that was set for him, if not the default.
Diavolo and Doppio were confirmed for Eyes of Heaven alongside their daughter and Bucciarati. As a Stand User, Diavolo is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle.
- I've eliminated 0.5 seconds!: Replacing the standard Quickstep, Diavolo erases time to 'teleport' short distances, granting him small bursts of invincibility in exchange for a longer dodge.
- Style Action - All movement is useless now!: Diavolo summons King Crimson to erase time. Upon activation, the arena environment appears to, from Diavolo's perspective, turn a deep red hue. While time is erased, Diavolo is invisible to opponents as well as invincible. While they can still act and attack his partner, they are completely unable to perceive or attack Diavolo himself, allowing him to move around and position himself with immunity. He is also unable to move characters by pushing against them, further demonstrating his lack of presence. If the Style Action button is held, the time erasure will last longer. Once activated, Diavolo's stamina gauge is immediately depleted by half, and will slowly drain until either it empties or the button is released. Time will also return upon Diavolo attacking, requesting or activating a Dual Combo, and activating a DHA or Soul Succession. Other circumstances that will cancel the time erasure include another character connecting a DHA or a time-stopping character stopping time. The only character immune to the effects of Diavolo's time erasure is Giorno Giovanna with Gold Experience transformed into its Requiem form; Giorno is able to perceive and therefore attack Diavolo within the erased time frame, making it possible to knock him out of it.
- If you've seen King Crimson, it's already your time...nay, you're no longer in this world!: King Crimson executes a short, unblockable jab. If it connects, King Crimson will unleash a barrage of 6 punches, finishing with a powerful uppercut that sends the target high into the air directly upward, allowing Diavolo to combo them from there.
- The passage of time resumes!: King Crimson is summoned to fly forward and deliver a punch, capable of sending opponents flying a long distance. If the activating button is held, the attack can be charged to eventually increase its speed and range, as well as making it unblockable. If the fully charged version lands, any opponents hit will instead simply crumple.
- Such futility!: This skill can only be used once Diavolo is flinching from any attack or combo while standing, meaning he is unable to use it once he is knocked into the air, knocked down to the ground, or crumpling. Time will erase for a brief moment, allowing him to recover, before he automatically summons King Crimson to perform a charged punch, sending his attacker flying. This also has the effect of filling the Dual Heat Gauge by a considerable amount.
- Epitaph: Diavolo activates Epitaph, causing his hair to float in front of his face as he enters a special mode. While active, his stamina gauge will slowly drain until either it empties or he is hit. If hit by any non-DHA attack that does not knock him off his feet or crumple him, Diavolo will automatically erase time and reappear, his location dependent on what type of attack he is hit by. If hit by a projectile or any attack while the attacker is otherwise out of his range, Diavolo will instantly teleport a considerable distance forward towards them. If he is within range, Diavolo will teleport into the air behind them, easily allowing for a Backstab to follow.
- EX - If you've seen King Crimson, it's already your time...nay, you're no longer in this world!: The skill activates quicker, and Diavolo is invincible until the last punch is thrown. King Crimson also moves a slight distance forward, increasing the attack's effective reach.
- EX - The passage of time resumes!: The skill performs the fully charged version by default, and Diavolo is invincible until King Crimson stops moving.
- Dual Heat Attack - Pinnacle of Eternity: Identical to its performance in All Star Battle, except it no longer begins as a counterattack.
- The result is the only thing that lives in infamy!: Diavolo must use his Style Action. (200 Points)
- I know exactly where you'll be before you even get there!: Diavolo must Backstab 3 times. (200 Points)
- Foresee it!: Diavolo must use "Epitaph" 2 times. (300 Points)
- I can see the trails of your movements...: Diavolo must survive the first 20 counts of the battle timer without taking damage. (500 Points)
- No one must be allowed to threaten my eternal seat on the apex.: Diavolo must Retire an opponent without losing a single health gauge. (800 Points)
He is paired with Joshu Higashikata in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament, having been placed in the F Block series of battles to be incorporated into the main Tournament. They were eliminated in the first round by Bucciarati and Trish.