Jolyne Cujoh ★ Video Games
A summary of Jolyne Cujoh's history and movesets in video games.
Jolyne appears as a support and help character. Her 2-Koma support summons her to use Stone Free's strings on every nearby opponent, stunning them. Her 3-Koma support is an "ORAORAORA!!!" rush by Stone Free. Her 1-Koma support boosts special gauge generation when health is low. Jolyne has an ally boost with Jotaro.
Jolyne makes her playable debut on the PS3 title. She was confirmed for the game along with Ermes, Josuke and Okuyasu. Most of her moveset involves utilizing Stone Free's ability to generate a multitude of medium-long ranged attacks. As one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Jolyne can turn Stone Free on/off in order to change movesets, and attack in conjunction with her Stand using the Stand Rush ability.
In combat, Jolyne uses various abilities featured in Stone Ocean.
- Throw - I gotcha now!: Jolyne wraps her opponent up with her string, before Stone Free punches them away.
While Stone Free is off:
- Whatever it takes to win!: Jolyne turns around and performs a downward reverse kick, before summoning Stone Free to do the same. The second hit by Stone Free knocks the opponent down. Jolyne's skills can be performed instantly following the first hit. (Comboable)
- Sweet dreams, creep!: Jolyne summons Stone Free as the both of them rapidly kick in unison, the final hit sending the opponent flying. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- The best angle to strike from!: Jolyne sends out a string along the ground. If the opponent touches it, Jolyne wraps them up before summoning Stone Free to pummel them, sending them flying. This is a low attack that cannot be blocked if the opponent is not crouching.
- String Barrier: Jolyne creates a wall of string as a trap that will damage the opponent if they come in contact with it, and nullify most projectiles. Jolyne is able to move through the barrier without disarming it. (Comboable)
- Don't need strength to block with string.: Jolyne hangs a string from her finger in front of her as a trigger. If the opponent hits her with a non-Throw/HHA/GHA, Jolyne will automatically Stylish Dodge, creating an opening for retaliation. If Heavy is inputted, the move is a feint and ends faster, with no string visible, allowing her to leave cautious opponents open to attack. (Comboable)
While Stone Free is on:
- Stringing me for a ride!: This skill can only be used in mid-air; Stone Free uses string to immediately pull Jolyne to the ground, forward, backward, or directly downward, allowing her to attack instantly upon landing. This move can be used to quickly get within melee range of the opponent, or evade anti-air attacks.
- With my string!: Jolyne and Stone Free shoot string upward, before pulling themselves up by the ceiling (regardless of whether or not the stage has a physical ceiling), forward, backward, or directly upward. This allows Jolyne to cover large amounts of ground or evade easier. This skill can be performed after jumping to further increase Jolyne's height. "Stringing me for a ride!" cannot be used in the same jump that this move is performed.
- So you're the enemy, huh?: Stone Free rapidly punches the opponent. If Light is inputted, the attack sends the opponent flying. If Medium or Heavy is inputted, Stone Free augments its range by using string to extend its arms. This move can be charged to delay its release, and can can be used in mid-air to allow Stone Free to attack downward, with the Light variation being able to hit a downed opponent. A Stand Rush skill that Jolyne can disconnect from to attack the opponent while it is executing. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Don't wait, just attack!: Stone Free sends a punch at an upward angle, augmenting its range by using string to extend its arm. If it connects, the opponent is knocked off their feet into the air. This move doubles as an anti-air, and has a follow-up.
- I won't cut my string yet!: The airborne opponent is grabbed by the arm and swung downward, slamming into the ground.
Jolyne's HHA, "A thousand hits!" (liberally recast as "Balls deep!" in the English localization), has her pull out a baseball, before Stone Free tightly wraps its string around it. Stone Free takes the ball and throws it, and if the opponent is hit, Stone Free will follow up by rapidly hitting them with the ball exactly 1,000 times (a reference to Miraschon's defeat).
Jolyne's GHA, "Time for you to retire!", has her throw out a fishnet-like net of string. If the opponent is caught, Jolyne tightens the net around them until they're completely wrapped up, before directly beating them a few times herself. Jolyne then summons Stone Free to pummel them with a rapid flurry of punches and kicks, ending with a single heavy punch that sends the opponent flying as the string unravels.
Jolyne possesses several alternate costumes, mainly involving her original outfit, the outfit worn during the Savage Garden arc, and her outfit post-breakout. Her fourth alternate costume takes the form of Irene.
If Jolyne fights against Jotaro, Jotaro merely asks if she's a new Stand user (referencing the nature of Part 3 where Jotaro and his friends face off against countless Stand users sent to kill them on their journey to Egypt). In return, Jolyne shockingly questions about how he could have gotten so young.
As a Stand User, Jolyne is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant her uniqueness in battle.
- Style Action - Stone Free!: Jolyne extends a string above her head, before pulling herself into the air and backwards, creating distance and aiding in evasion. If used in mid-air, she instead extends the string forward before pulling herself towards wherever it lands, allowing her to gain more distance in the air. If locked-on, she will aim the string towards her target, paralyzing opponents that touch it and automatically pulling herself towards them. Jolyne is invincible once she begins moving.
- String Barrier: Jolyne deploys a thin net of string as a trap that will damage and paralyze opponents if they come in contact with it, leaving them open to further attack. Jolyne takes a very small amount of white (recoverable) damage upon the net being triggered.
- I can consider you my enemy, right?: Stone Free unleashes a barrage of 8 punches, augmenting its range by using string to extend its arms. The final hit sends opponents caught flying. The skill's damage is relative to range; the farther the opponent is when they are hit by the punches, the more damage will be dealt.
- You're no match for my Stone Free.: Jolyne leaps and somersaults forward into the air, with Stone Free holding onto a string attached to the floor. If an opponent touches the string before Jolyne lands, Stone Free will begin unleashing a downward barrage of 9 punches, the final hit knocking the target down. Jolyne is briefly invincible until she reaches the height of her jump.
- Bring it on right until the end!: Jolyne converts her torso into a Möbius strip (visualized by a blue electricity around her), reducing all received damage aside from projectiles, certain special skills by opponents, and DHA. If she is hit by C-Moon's attacks, the Möbius strip will be undone in order to nullify the effects of its power. Jolyne cannot activate this skill while Burning Mode is active, and activating Burning Mode will inversely undo the Möbius strip.
- EX - String Barrier: The skill executes quicker.
- EX - I can consider you my enemy, right?: The skill executes quicker and can be canceled via Sidestepping.
- You have the Ghost Lighter, don't you?: This skill is only available when Jolyne only has a single health gauge left, and can be used only once per battle. When activated, Jolyne uses a lighter to set herself on fire, activating Burning Mode. While in Burning Mode, Jolyne will slowly lose health and has decreased defense. However, she receives a large damage boost to all attacks except for skills that exclusively use string, and DHAs. Opponents hit by Jolyne will catch fire as well, and she also gains super armor while attacking.
- String... Is my soul controlling this?: Jolyne must use her Style Action twice. (200 Points)
- I'll catch you in 3D!: Jolyne must trap opponents with "String Barrier" 3 times. (200 Points)
- A Möbius strip...: Jolyne must use "Bring it on right until the end!". (300 Points)
- I sense hope in the way you think...: Jolyne must perform a Dual Combo Finish. (500 Points)
- I'll knock you unconscious...: Jolyne must Retire an opponent with a Dual Heat Attack. (800 Points)
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - I'll knock you unconscious.: Jolyne runs up to the opponent and kicks them off their feet in unison with Stone Free. She then begins rapidly kicking them back-to-back with her Stand. Jolyne finishes the attack by having Stone Free deliver a punch to the face that sends the opponent flying.
- With Ermes - We're gonna beat your ass!: Ermes uses Kiss' stickers to create multiple arms for Jolyne and Stone Free. Jolyne reprimands Ermes, knowing that the stickers' removal will cause her pain. Ermes reminds Jolyne that they are in the middle of a fight, forcing Stone Free to angrily pummel the opponent with an extra set of fists and blowing them back as Ermes laughs.
- With Weather - The momentum's on our side!: Stone Free assaults the opponent as Weather Report's Stand creates an opposing gale that keeps the opponent in place. Stone Free's fists ultimately overpower the gale and the target is sent flying into Weather Report's Stand, setting them on fire via friction.
- With Part 3 Jotaro - The Perfect Angle: Stone Free and Star Platinum send the opponent into the air with a dual uppercut, before Jolyne wraps them in a cocoon made of Stone Free's string. After Jotaro confirms the best angle to hit, they pummel it with both of their Stands.
In the post-credits of the new JoJo timeline where most of the fallen allies are now alive and well, a younger Jolyne appears in the new Part 4 timeline, in a retelling of its first chapter where her father meets Koichi. In this new timeline, she is brought along by Jotaro to Morioh. While Jotaro is introducing himself to Koichi, asking about a Josuke Higashikata, Jolyne appears running to her father and interrupting the conversation to hug him. She is then advised by Jotaro to be careful crossing the street and to not stray too far away from him as she is still a child, or else her mother will be worried.
She is paired with Gyro Zeppeli in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament, beating Muhammad Avdol and Koichi Hirose in the first round and Jotaro and Vanilla Ice in the second. Making it to the semifinals, they beat Jonathan Joestar and DIO in the first round and Bruno Bucciarati and Trish Una in the second. Ultimately, they were defeated in the final round by Kars and Pet Shop, taking second place.