- Chapter 227: D'Arby the Player, Part 1
- Chapter 228: D'Arby the Player, Part 2
- Chapter 229: D'Arby the Player, Part 3
- Chapter 230: D'Arby the Player, Part 4
- Chapter 231: D'Arby the Player, Part 5
- Chapter 232: D'Arby the Player, Part 6
- Chapter 233: D'Arby the Player, Part 7
- Chapter 234: D'Arby the Player, Part 8
- Chapter 235: D'Arby the Player, Part 9
- Chapter 236: D'Arby the Player, Part 10
- Chapter 237: D'Arby the Player, Part 11
- Chapter 238: The Miasma of the Void, Vanilla Ice, Part 1
- Chapter 239: The Miasma of the Void, Vanilla Ice, Part 2
Tenore Sax (ティナー・サックス Tinā Sakkusu) is the Stand of Kenny G. featured in the third part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Stardust Crusaders. It allows Kenny G. to create complex illusions.
As a Stand that generates illusions and whose user was swiftly defeated, its appearance and personality, if any, are unknown.
It is one of the first Stands to not correspond to a tarot card or an Egyptian god and instead makes a musical reference.
Thanks to its illusions, Tenore Sax may be a useful Stand, but was defeated too rapidly to determine any strength other than disorienting enemies. One weakness is that it doesn't create olfactory illusions, as Iggy's nose was able to detect Kenny G.'s presence.
Tenore Sax has the ability to generate illusions that can distort the inside of DIO's Mansion, producing incomprehensibly large rooms or complex labyrinths. The Stand can replicate not only a specific area's appearance, but its composition as well; in the case of Telence T. D'Arby's island, the feeling of the water and ocean breeze were identical to the real thing. To dispel the illusions, it is necessary to defeat its user, Kenny G.
Chapters / Episodes
- CDDH Chapter 1: Crazy Diamond's Demonic Heartbreak #1
- SC Episode 39: The Gatekeeper of Hell, Pet Shop, Part 2
- SC Episode 40: D'Arby the Player, Part 1
- SC Episode 41: D'Arby the Player, Part 2
- SC Episode 42: The Miasma of the Void, Vanilla Ice, Part 1
Creation and Development
Araki admits he simply created Tenore Sax to give the story some resting time.
Tenore Sax was not given proper name until a few years after Part 3's publication, where it was revealed in JoJo6251.
As Tenore Sax was one of the only Stands in Part 3 to not to be based off a Tarot or Egyptian god, it was not given a Tarot card of its own. The Capcom game, Heritage for the Future, gives Tenore Sax and Cream their own unique Tarot cards.
- Tenore Sax is one of the few Stands in the anime that never received an eyecatch illustration displaying its Stand parameters. Other Stands that are missing an eyecatch illustration in the anime include Love Deluxe, Echoes ACT2, Achtung Baby, Ratt, Boy II Man, Burning Down the House, Marilyn Manson, and Bohemian Rhapsody.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pet Shop's Horus - Vol.8 "Shueisha Jump Remix Stardust Crusaders Edition" P84 The Secret of JOJO Characters
- ↑ JOJO A-GO!GO!: STANDS, p.104
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: STANDS
- ↑ JOJOVELLER: Araki's Stand Commentaries - Tenore Sax