Midler is only briefly seen after her defeat. She appears as a woman of average height and build with a plain dress and long hair. Polnareff notes that her face is unbearable to look at since Jotaro broke all of her Stand's teeth.
In the Super Famicom game's instruction manual artwork, Midler has fair skin, blonde hair, and a teal dress.
Midler received a complete redesign for Heritage for the Future. She is a slim woman of average height wearing an outfit in the minimal style of a belly dancer. Her long hair is held together by a headscarf and five pins with a large star on each sticking out of the headscarf. A gemstone hangs on her forehead in addition to elaborate earrings consisting of several teardrop-shaped gemstones, each ending in one small orb. A veil covers her mouth. She wears a bikini-style bra with star-shaped cups, a fishnet-style band on her right arm, bracelets with frills, a loincloth, and high heels.
Midler is a ruthless mercenary of DIO who does not hesitate to kill the Joestar Group with High Priestess, both sinking their submarine and attempting to kill them directly with her Stand. She tends to laugh when she injures any of them. She is clever with her Stand, nearly killing both Polnareff and Jotaro
Despite her brutality, Midler is romantic and flirtatious and flippantly laments that she has to kill Jotaro, who is her kind of guy. She even seems somewhat touched by Jotaro's lie that he likes her. However, she is easily angered by men who lie about being attracted to her.
- Main article: High Priestess
Midler's Stand is High Priestess, possessing mineral materials in order to form shapes large and complex with which she may attack. Due to its long-range, Midler was capable of using it from ashore, while it attacked the group on the ocean floor.
Midler is a famous Stand user (as Avdol knew about her) hired by DIO to kill the Joestar group, infiltrating her Stand on Muhammad Avdol's submarine to trap them in a closed space. Taking the form of different things, her Stand continuously attacks and escapes from the group, while Midler taunts them talking through her Stand. Eventually trapping them in her own Stand's mouth, Midler claims that her teeth are harder than diamonds and tries to crush Jotaro with them, but instead has her teeth punched out by Star Platinum. Jean Pierre Polnareff, wanting to take a look at her, goes to her convulsing body but says it isn't worth to look, because of her now toothless face.
Chapters / Episodes
- “You guys are so stupid! All of you didn't even realize that the entire seabed is full of minerals!”
- “I am on the shore seven meters from here! But High Priestess will chew you to bits, so you will never see my face!”
- “Jotaro, you're my kind of guy... I regret that I have to destroy you...”
- “Shut up, you lying bastards! You don't mean any of that! I'll kill you all!”
- “These teeth are as hard as diamonds! You'll never break them! I'll crush you first!”
The events from HIGH PRIESTESS appear in the game with some alterations, with Midler being a stewardess on the same plane the team is attacked by DEATH 13, and her Stand taking on the shape of the restroom's doorknob.
Her story mode tells a drastically different tale from her fate in the original manga. She trails Jotaro's group in order to carry out DIO's orders to kill them and successfully wins against them, one by one. After she finally defeats Jotaro himself, she returns to DIO's mansion to report the good news. Cream informs her that DIO needed Joseph or Jotaro's fresh blood, and she is forced to defeat him in order to get past and see DIO. However, when she finally reaches DIO, he reassures her - before declaring that he only needs her blood, as the blood of one more person will enable him to take full control of Jonathan's body. He then asks if she will willingly give him her blood, to which she agrees. In her ending, DIO punctures her neck with his fingers and drains her blood, killing her.
As a playable character, Midler's Stand makes her a great medium-to-long-range fighter. While her normal attacks have a fairly good range, most of her attacks use High Priestess' ability to change into something, such as scissors, razor blades, harpoons, a tractor, cars, and an anvil. Her first super move allows her to transform High Priestess into a harpoon Launcher and shoots several harpoons at the opponent, each one hitting hands and legs, ending with a harpoon in the opponent's head (in the HD version of the game the move got censored, coloring the red blood into white color, however it can be changed in the options). Her second super move transform High Priestess into several cars, making combos on the opponent if hit. Her third super move allows High Priestess to appear on the floor as a giant face, swallowing the opponent and chewing him/her making several hits on the opponent (similar to how she attacked Jotaro and Star Platinum).
Despite not appearing in the game herself, Midler's Stand, High Priestess, appears as one of the several Metal Strikers available to choose. Its FINISH move is a regular scratch done on the defeated opponent's Metal Striker.
- In Weekly Shonen Jump 1990 #33, Midler's name was spelled as "Shidler" (シドラー Shidorā).
- When Capcom produced Heritage for the Future, they wanted to use Midler. However, as her face was never shown, they asked Araki to redesign her into something like a belly-dancer. Since then, as shown in the JOJO A-GO!GO! artbook, this new look is now her standard appearance.
- Most of the art featured in-game of her is based on Yukako Yamagishi, from character portrait, close-up, and defeat sprites.
- In addition, some of Midler's lines are borrowed from Mariah; the most obvious example is "Unfortunately, you have to die." (残念だけど死んでもらうわ Zan'nen dakedo shinde morau wa), used for Midler's appearance in the game.