Muhammad Avdol ★ Video Games
A summary of Muhammad Avdol's history and movesets in video games.
- Jump Titles
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC)
- Heritage for the Future
- All Star Battle
- Eyes of Heaven
- Diamond Records
- Pitter-Patter Pop
Avdol appears as a support character for the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure arc story, where the player can talk to him in order to obtain minor information.
Avdol appears in the game as a special attack in Jotaro's 4-block battle koma, as he appears in front of Jotaro performing his "Crossfire Hurricane Special" attack utilizing Magician's Red.
Avdol appears again in the sequel as a special attack in Jotaro's 4-block battle koma, performing his "Crossfire Hurricane Special" attack utilizing Magician's Red, but can now cause a "burn effect", setting the enemy aflame and making them take damage over time. Avdol also appears during the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure World intro sequence.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (SFC)
Avdol appears as a playable character in game. He first shows up at Jotaro's house and joins his party after the events at Jotaro's school. Unlike in the manga, Avdol can survive his final confrontation with Vanilla Ice.
Heritage for the Future (Arcade/PS1/Dreamcast)
Avdol is one of several playable characters in the game. In terms of movelist, he is the closest the game has to a "Shotoclone" in that he possesses a fireball (Crossfire Hurricane), a Shoryuken-type move and a movement based quarter-circle-backward input move. Most of his attacks also consist of using the fire-themed attacks he used during the entire Part 3 saga.
In his arcade story, Avdol manages to avoid his canon death at Vanilla Ice's hands, just barely ducking under Ice's Stand. Avdol's ending is notable in that, similar to Chun-Li's ending in Super Street Fighter II (since the game was made by Capcom), it can end in one of two different ways. After destroying DIO, Avdol returns to his shop in Khan Khallili and decides to read his own fortune first. The player is presented with two face-down tarot cards, one being The World and the other being The Magician. If the player manages to pick The Magician, Avdol, pleased, decides to reopen his shop. If the player got The World, however, DIO greets Avdol once more, hinting at an unexpected resurrection.
If Avdol starts a "Blazing Fist Match" against another character, he will make Magician's Red keep shooting a sequence of Crossfire Hurricane as his "ora ora" attack style.
All Star Battle (PS3)
Avdol is one of the 9 characters representing Part 3 in the game, and was confirmed along with Hol Horse and DIO.
Most of his attacks are similar to those from the Capcom game (Heritage for the Future). As one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Avdol can turn Magician's Red on/off, changing movesets, as well as having access to the Stand Rush ability returning from the Capcom game, being able to attack in conjunction with his Stand. Avdol has 1000 HP.
Avdol possesses one alternate costume, inspired by his first appearance in the manga (where his appearance uses more scarfs and ribbons). In previous games, Magician's Red was primarily colored with one color (red), while in All Star Battle, it also possesses two main colors itself (blue-black from the waist down on its wristbands, and red from the waist up).
During a fight, Avdol can use several different attacks that were featured in Stardust Crusaders.
Eyes of Heaven (PS3/PS4)
Avdol was confirmed for the game alongside Mariah.
As a Stand User, Avdol is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle.
- Style Action - Crossfire Hurricane: Magician's Red casts a salvo of 3 flame ankhs that set opponents on fire with slight homing capabilities. If charged, Avdol will instead unleash Crossfire Hurricane Special, a massive ankh that flies straight forward for a short instance before splitting into 6 multi-directional smaller ankhs, all with homing capabilities. If the large ankh hits an opponent, they will be sent flying. It is also capable of nullifying minor projectiles, and cancels out strengthened/EX projectiles.
- This fire detects life...: Magician's Red casts a Life Detector that slowly homes in on opponents, setting its target on fire if successful. If locked on, the Life Detector will attack Avdol's target, otherwise flying towards the nearest opponent.
- Melting that in mid-air is child's play.: Magician's Red creates large ankhs around Avdol that burst from the ground, sending opponents into the air and nullifying projectiles. Avdol is invincible upon activation.
- Red Bind!: Magician's Red uses Red Bind, paralyzing the opponent and leaving them vulnerable. While actively bound, the opponent will slowly lose health and stamina. Quickly moving the movement stick around can shorten the time bound.
- EX - This fire detects life...: The Life Detector is slower, but the damage it does to an opponent's guard is increased. Instead of simply hitting the opponent, the projectile will now crumple them, leaving them open to further attacks.
- EX - Red Bind!: The skill initiates quicker and Avdol is invincible upon activation.
- Guess I'll have to get a little rough here.: Avdol must connect "Red Bind!" twice. (200 Points)
- This fire detects life...: Avdol must connect "This fire detects life..." 3 times. (200 Points)
- Time for your second helping of my Crossfire Hurricane!: Avdol must break an opponent's health gauge with "Crossfire Hurricane". (300 Points)
- Watch out!: Avdol must successfully execute 5 Combo Breakers. (500 Points)
- Not in a million years!: Avdol must Retire an opponent with a Dual Heat Attack.
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - Crossfire Hurricane Special!: It works the same as the one from All Star Battle.
- With Old Joseph - Double Bind!: Avdol fires an attack from Magician's Red that surrounds the opponent before Joseph strikes them with a Ripple-empowered Hermit Purple over his wrist throwing them into the air; they both capture the opponent with their respective abilities, before coming together and firing their Stands at the opponent overhead as they're burnt using a combination of Magician's Red's fire and the Ripple.
- With Polnareff - Flame Rapier: Avdol binds the opponent with Red Bind, then Magician's Red sets fire to Silver Chariot's rapier. Polnareff thanks him as Silver Chariot assaults the trapped enemy with its red-hot blade and activates an explosion when the rush ends.
Unlike the previous game, his main color scheme is now based on his anime incarnation.
In the altered timeline he, Kakyoin, and Iggy manage to survive the final battle against DIO, but are hospitalized, still sustaining heavy injuries. They are watched over by Polnareff, and all are invited to France to go along with him.
If paired against Esidisi the two will note their similar abilities and they wonder whose fire powers are superior.
Diamond Records (Android/IOS)
JoJo's Pitter-Patter Pop! (Android/iOS)