Sex Pistols is a sextet of tiny Stands about as small as a bullet, who can ride the bullets that Mista fires and redirect them by kicking them.
Sex Pistols is a group of six tiny stands living inside Mista's revolver. They are numbered from 1 to 7, skipping the number 4 due to it being an unlucky number according to Mista. They have teardrop-shaped heads, wide eyes with black outlines and small stripes going outward from the center, and extremely small pupils, some of which appear cross-eyed. Later on, they are depicted with more focused pupils and no radial lines in their eyes.
They have segmented bodies with pointed shoulder pads, knee pads, elbow pads and long, pointed shoes with toe caps that curve upward. Ironically, they each have four fingers instead of five on each hand and knuckle bumps. However, they have five fingers in All Star Battle, Eyes of Heaven, and the anime. Frequently, the Pistols will open their mouths, revealing crooked teeth.
They're tiny enough to fit inside a revolver's cylinder.
- No.1 and No. 7, indentifiable with the numbers on their forehead. However, in its first appearance, No.7 had three fingers on each hand and shared No.2's black bar between its eyes, which were slightly elliptical.
- No.2 has the typical number on its forehead but is also identifiable by having eyes with black bar running between them, giving the appearance of goggles.
- No.3 has a belligerent face with squinted eyes, and the number on its forehead.
- No.5 is identifiable by the number on its forehead and a spot on its nose. Its expression is often a frown or just crying.
- No.6 is the most fearsome-looking of the group, usually keeping an irate face coupled with a V-shaped marking above its eyes.
Unlike most Stands, the Pistols each have distinct personalities, often interacting with each other and Mista. Despite their individuality though, they all share a childish and irreverent character; they are prone to argue, can make inappropriate comments, like to nap and will not work if they are not fed. Outside of battle, Mista doesn't actually control the Pistols, who do as they please and hate the idea of being treated as pets.
During battle, they are a well coordinated group that work together and celebrate after victory. They often exclaim phrases like "PASSPASSPASS ... !" and "YEE-HAW!" when riding and passing bullets around. They commentate and assist Mista outside of redirecting the bullets, like reloading his own gun or explaining its status. When Mista is out of commission, they'll aid other members of his group.
- No.1 is the leader of the group and is typically shot out first. Outside the number on its head, it's usually distinguishable by its joyful demeanor and canthus-like markings on its eyes. When turned against Mista via Chariot Requiem's defensive ability, No.1 becomes violent and curses at him, threatening to "blow his brains out" while rapidly kicking him in the face.
- No.2 appears the most rogue-like, but will often work together with No.1 as a team. The two have interacted a couple of times through some form of Dap greeting.
- No.3 is vicious and commonly shows a belligerent face, having squinted eyes. He commonly bullies No.5.
- No.5, a timid crybaby who is constantly bullied by No.3.
- No.6 is considered the most fearsome-looking of the group, usually keeping an irate face. Unlike No.3, it never displays hostility towards the others, though is nonetheless violent, shown when it angrily, if not excitedly, tells Bucciarati to kill Prosciutto after he nearly kills Mista.
- No.7 is similar to No.1 in appearance and is also known to take initiative in a similar fashion. Like the rest of the pistols, it'll yell out in excitement when riding a bullet, and has at some point imitated a bull rider.
The Pistols are by themselves very weak Stands and rely on the gun bullets they ride to participate in combat. Despite this, they are highly autonomous and have a long range (going as far as bullets can fly). This allows Mista to control the battlefield and gather information from afar thanks to the Pistols being able to spy on their enemies. If need be, the Pistols can make decisions by themselves whenever the opportunity presents itself, often surprising foes as a result.
The Pistols are unusually resilient and can persist even if Mista is put in a state of near-unconsciousness or even near-death. Should this be the case, the Pistols can continue to help Mista's allies.
The Pistols' ability is to literally ride the bullets that Mista fires in order to position themselves over an area (although they can hover around too), and then violently kick the bullets to change their path.
Mista's most common use of this is to rebound shots, allowing the sudden redirection of bullets to hit moving targets, strike key areas, or otherwise take his opponents by surprise by using odd and unpredictable angles. If all 6 of Sex Pistols are on a single bullet, they have the power to split said bullet into multiple pieces when they all kick, creating multiple projectiles. However, the Stand is vulnerable to attacks while out and active, but Mista can survive the most brutal harm dealt to the six members of his Stand so long as a single one of them remains unharmed. The Pistols can also block incoming bullets, and on one specific occasion, No.5 has even saved Mista from three fatal shots fired to the head by Prosciutto.
Mista normally does not reload his own gun but has Sex Pistols reload it for him. For this, he uses a six-chamber revolver. Mista can use any type of firearm, but a chamber allows the Pistols to reload all at once, as reloading a pistol magazine takes more time. Unlike Hol Horse's Emperor, another gun-related Stand, Sex Pistols has no firearm to work with by default and must always be provided a gun and ammunition, since it is useless for offense otherwise. However, each Pistol is able to fire a bullet without a gun by kicking the bullet's primer.
Chapters / Episodes
- “Come ooooooooooooon! (キャモオオオーーーーーーーーン！Kyamooooooooooooon!)”
- “The number four is bad luck, dude!”
- “Line 'em up, bitches! It's go time!”
- “We found the ice, my bitches! Now smash it up!”
- “Here it is! We got this! Perfect timing! The hole is wide open!”
- “Woohoo, Mista! Dang, I'm jealous of that body! Can I give you a hug?”
- “Take thiiiiis! Agagagagaga agagagaga!!! I'm gonna blow your fucking brains out! Aaaaaagagagagagaga!! Ibaaaaaaagagagagagaga!!! All over the floor, dammit! I'll blow 'em out! Blow 'em the fuck out! Your fucking brains! Take this! And this! You piece of shit! Gonna blow your fucking brains out!”
- Sex Pistols was the most portrayed Stand in the manga series (appearing in 385 panels), beating both Silver Chariot (367 panels) and Star Platinum (351 panels, up to Part 5).
- The stand got its name because it sounds like "Six Pistols".