Guido Mista ★ Video Games
A summary of Guido Mista's history and movesets in video games.
Mista makes his comeback in the PS3 title as a playable character and was confirmed for the game alongside Giorno, Kakyoin, and Polnareff.
Mista's entire moveset is based on his previous game appearance, as he uses Sex Pistols to deliver powerful shots and ricochet bullets at the opponent. Despite being one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Mista cannot switch between movesets, nor does he have access to the Stand Rush ability. He shares this effect with Hol Horse and Diavolo. Instead, Mista's Style button triggers abilities that involve Sex Pistols, powering up the strength of his shots. Exclusive to Mista are a Pistols Icon and Ammunition Icon, appearing above his Heart Heat Gauge. The Pistols Icon displays how many and which of Sex Pistols are readily available for use, and the Ammunition Icon displays the number of bullets loaded in Mista's cylinder. Mista has 950 HP.
- Light - Mista fires downward, allowing him to shoot the opponent if they are down; From the air, Mista fires sharply downward underneath him.
- Medium - Mista fires the shot straight forward; From the air, Mista fires at a downward angle.
- Heavy - Mista fires at an upward angle, allowing him to anti-air attack a jumping opponent; From the air, Mista fires straight forward, allowing him to challenge an opponent in the air with him.
He may fire more shots at once with subsequent button presses, even firing at the other possible angles with the alternate attack buttons. Assuming all six bullets land, the sixth shot will knock the opponent down. (Comboable through Puttsun Cancel)
- Under normal circumstances, the individual bullets will deal insubstantial amounts of damage by themselves, weaker than even his Light normal attacks.
- If "Time to get to work!" is in effect on a bullet when Mista fires it, it will have homing capabilities and deal drastically more damage depending on the amount of Pistols attached. However, any subsequent shots in a string of bullets after the initial one cannot be enhanced through Sex Pistols, merely tacking on the aforementioned small amounts of damage.
- Should any bullet incidentally come in contact with a Sex Pistol deployed with "Places, everyone!", it will automatically be redirected toward the opponent.
Alongside the rest of Team Bucciarati (sans Narancia) and Ermes Costello, Mista is one of the only characters who activate Resolve Mode instead of the normal Rumble Mode when low on health. In this state, attacks that do not result in hard knockdowns or blow-backs no longer phase the character.
If Mista is fighting against Polnareff, they will have special dialogue, where Mista asks if the young Polnareff is the same wheelchair-bound man who becomes a turtle, while Polnareff merely wonders aloud if Sex Pistols is similar to Hol Horse's Emperor. Mista also has special dialogue with Hol Horse himself, wherein Hol Horse decides to see which one of the two is the faster gunman, a challenge that Mista accepts. If Mista wins, he'll note how funny of a guy Hol Horse is. If Hol Horse wins, he'll note that, unlike Mista, his bullets are also part of his Stand.
Mista was confirmed for the game alongside Giorno, Fugo, and Narancia. Since most character animations & GHA's are reused from All-Star Battle, he retains most of the same attack patterns as previously. However, as a result of the transition into full 3D arena combat in Eyes of Heaven, Mista is able to use the environment more freely to his advantage, utilizing his Stand's capacity for bullet control to a much more advanced degree than what was possible within the 2.5D combat system of ASB.
As a Stand User, Mista is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle. Mista does not have Normal Attack combos. Instead, his Normal Attacks have him fire his bullets at targets. Similar to All-Star Battle, Mista has an Ammo Icon above his health gauge, displaying his current bullet count out of 6. If he is out of ammo, the icon will have the word "RELOAD" flashing over it, and any attack or skill that would cause him to fire bullets instead causes him to Load his revolver, inserting each bullet individually.
- Quick Reload: If Mista reloads while guarding, he will instantly reload his revolver by dropping the ammunition from his hat into the cylinder. This skill can be used whether or not his revolver is empty.
- Pistols Icon: A display above his Ammo Icon shows how many and which of the Sex Pistols are readily available for use. Skills that assign the Pistols to different tasks cause the respective members' icons to darken, signifying that they're currently in play. Certain skills that drain Mista's stamina gauge will instantly recall all Pistols back to him once the gauge empties. Unlike in All-Star Battle, Mista may have different members of Sex Pistols performing different tasks at a given time, granting better control over all of his different abilities.
- Trait - Only four bullets left?! That is such bad luck!: If Mista is attacked while he's reloading, a panel of his face visibly panicking appears. For a period of time, Mista may only hold up to 4 bullets in his Ammo Icon, and he takes increased damage.
- Style Action - Could you wait until our job is finished to take a nap?: Mista attaches one of the Sex Pistols to a bullet, granting that bullet homing capabilities when fired. If the Style Action button is held, Mista can recall any of the Sex Pistols that are in use with his skills.
- Pass, pass, pass!: Mista sends one of the Sex Pistols to hover around opponents, either his target if he is locked on, or the nearest opponent otherwise. If Mista's bullets hit that opponent, any of the Pistols attached to that opponent will join in and ricochet the bullets through them multiple times, carrying them into the air and greatly increasing the damage done by a single shot. Mista's stamina gauge drains while this skill is active. He can have Pistols attached to both opponents at once. The more of Sex Pistols that are attached to a single opponent, the greater the damage dealt per shot, but the faster the stamina gauge depletes. This skill also allows Mista's bullets to bypass projectile-reflecting abilities, due to the bullets' rapid attacking, as well as hitting from multiple angles such as from behind them where most projectile-reflectors are vulnerable.
- Sex Pistols!: Mista fires a bullet with weak homing capabilities by default, either at his target or the nearest opponent. The skill may be repeatedly inputted to fire more shots. If any of the Sex Pistols are active via "Places everyone!", he will instead attempt to fire at the nearest one.
- Places, everyone!: Mista deploys one of the Sex Pistols in the air, keeping them in that spot. If a bullet fired makes contact with them, or if Mista manually fires at them via "Sex Pistols!", they will ricochet the bullet towards his target, or to the nearest opponent otherwise. The bullet's redirected path is determined via the best route to the target (from the Pistol closest to Mista to the one closest to the target), rather than attempting to pass it between all active Pistols like in previous games. This allows Mista to shoot opponents without requiring direct line-of-sight and greatly reduces the likelihood that uneven distribution or placement of the Pistols can unintentionally disrupt his bullet path. Mista's stamina gauge drains while this skill is active, and the more of Sex Pistols that are deployed at once, the faster the stamina gauge depletes.
- EX - Pass, pass, pass!: Mista gains super armor until the skill activates, and all remaining Sex Pistols are attached to an opponent at once.
- EX - Sex Pistols!: Mista gains super armor until the first shot is fired, and his Ammo Icon will instantly refill if he has no ammunition left before firing, without requiring him to reload at all. Mista may continue firing after the initial shot.
- I always take care never to play favorites!: Mista must have all 6 Sex Pistols attached to 6 bullets via his Style Action. (200 Points)
- Let's go! Aim, you idiots!: Mista must use "Pass, pass, pass!" 6 different times. (200 Points)
- I can see it now, in the darkness! That's the path I need to take!: Mista must use "Places, everyone!" 6 different times. (300 Points)
- My Stand's more of the silent-killer type.: Mista must survive the first 20 counts of the battle timer without taking damage. (500 Points)
- Every other number is a good number!: Mista must win the battle without "Only four bullets left?! That's such bad luck!" ever activating once. (800 Points)
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - My true resolve begins here!: Identical to its performance in All-Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity.
- With Giorno - True resolve!!: Mista, claiming that his true resolve has just begun, aggressively fires away at the opponent, each shot getting redirected by Sex Pistols multiple times to hit them at different angles. Giorno subsequently appears and jumps high into the air until he is directly above the opponent. Following up on Mista's statement by telling him that true resolve "isn't about self-sacrifice", Giorno proceeds to stomp down on the target several times with Gold Experience, the final kick hitting with the impact to launch him off and create a shockwave. Both attacks are references to the two's battle against Ghiaccio.
- With Narancia - I'm gonna send you flying!: Mista unloads an entire cylinder at the opponent, each bullet carried by Sex Pistols and kicked into them at different angles; Narancia follows up by having Aerosmith unleash an extended barrage of machine-gun bullets into the opponent, turning upward to spear and carry them into the air as it's ridden by the Pistols. Performing a somersault, Aerosmith ends the attack by firing at the airborne opponent from above and sending them crashing into the ground while Sex Pistols cheer.
Mista is given an alternate costume. The costume is based on the flashback from his teenage days before joining Passione, wearing a more casual outfit consisting of a beanie, a T-shirt with an open button-up shirt over it, and saggy jeans.
He is paired with Giorno in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament, defeating Rohan Kishibe and Polnareff in the first round, and "Kosaku Kawajiri" and Weather Report in the second. In the semifinals, they are defeated by Bucciarati and Trish in the first round.
Mista was one of the characters first confirmed during the game's announcement.