Josuke Higashikata (JoJolion) ★ Video Games
A summary of Josuke Higashikata from JoJolion's history and movesets in video games.
Josuke makes his debut in the PS3 game, as the only Part 8 playable character. He was confirmed for the game alongside the first DLC character, Yoshikage Kira.
Josuke's appearance in the game was a surprise for fans, as Part 8 was still fairly recent and only 3 volumes into its story. As a result most of his moves, animations, taunts and such are based on those three volumes, along with a few liberties, making a couple of his animations somewhat limited or, to some, even awkward.
As one of the mass majority of playable characters in the game with the "Stand" Style, Josuke can turn Soft & Wet on/off, changing movesets, as well as having access to the Stand Rush ability returning from the Capcom game, being able to attack in conjunction with his Stand. Josuke has 1000 HP.
With the absence of a major antagonist and main plot at the time, Part 8's Story Mode consists of Josuke facing all the previous JoJo protagonists (starting with Jonathan all the way to himself) with no logical reason. They all appear from the Wall Eyes like Josuke and see him as an enemy, sinking back into the ground when defeated. Baoh also appears as the last Extra Story fight with Josuke, with their battle named "Baoh the Visitor". After defeating them all, Josuke proceeds to search for Yasuho Hirose before the "To Be Continued" arrow appears, putting in motion the story of JoJolion proper.
For the western version of the game, Josuke was named "Josuke Higashikata 8" to avoid confusion with Part 4's Josuke Higashikata, who was named "Josuke Higashikata 4".
Josuke, once again named "Josuke Higashikata 8" to avoid confusion with Part 4's Josuke, was confirmed for the game alongside Joshu, Narciso Anasui and Enrico Pucci with C-Moon/Made In Heaven. Due to Part 8's continuation, Josuke's abilities have been updated and expanded upon since All Star Battle: He now employs new attacks that were originally used against Yotsuyu Yagiyama in battle.
As a Stand User, Josuke is one of many characters with wildly varied abilities that grant him uniqueness in battle.
- Style Action - I can steal your vision.: Josuke sends a single bubble forward as a projectile, capable of stealing his opponents' vision. If it connects, opponents will be Blinded. While Blinded, they cannot lock-on or use certain skills, and their guards have reduced durability and thus become easier to break; Blinded opponents will also have the color of their screen convert to a deep, blurry blue. This style of view is similar to N'Doul's visualized sonar ability seen in the TV anime. Characters that are already blind are immune to the bubble's effects and will simply take a small amount of damage: Wamuu while his "Now I will shut out the light, and with this horn see only the wind!" skill is active, and N'Doul.
- Checkmate!: Soft & Wet delivers a barrage of 10 punches aimed towards the ground. If an opponent is hit, S&W then delivers another punch that creates a large bubble to immobilize and slowly carry them into the air. In this state, they are completely vulnerable to follow-up attacks, but will be set free upon taking any damage. Quickly moving the movement stick around can shorten the time bound. The skill can also hit downed opponents, but S&W will not trap them in a bubble.
- The hell is your problem?!: Josuke Backsteps into a crouch as Soft & Wet advances forward before delivering 6 punches, the final strike sending opponents flying. Josuke gains super armor from activation until he lands from the Backstep.
- Let me take that from you.: Josuke sends out a small group of homing bubbles that slowly float towards opponents and rapidly deal 5 hits upon connecting. The bubbles will persist for a very long period of time, covering a considerable distance before popping. Josuke may have up to 2 active at a given time.
- I'll suck all the moisture out of you...!: Soft & Wet creates a dense cluster of bubbles that remain in place as a trap. The bubbles will deal 6 hits to opponents and deplete their stamina gauge.
- EX - The hell is your problem?!: Josuke gains complete invincibility instead of super armor, can Sidestep to cancel the skill at any time, and can also act out of the move faster. Soft & Wet will move a slight distance further, deliver 5 more punches, and its final strike sends opponents flying a long distance away.
- EX - I'll suck all the moisture out of you...!: The skill activates quicker, Josuke is invincible until the bubbles are formed, and the bubbles deal 4 more hits.
- "Soft and wet.": Josuke must land his Style Action. (200 Points)
- Geez... Can't you do anything?: Josuke must connect "I'll suck all the moisture out of you...!" 3 times. (200 Points)
- I brought you here just so I could push you off the edge.: Josuke must connect "Checkmate!" 3 times. (300 Points)
- Now, tell me! Who am I?!: Josuke must connect a Dual Heat Attack. (500 Points)
- The winner is...me! By a mile!: Josuke must win the battle within 50 counts of the battle timer. (800 Points)
Dual Heat Attacks
- Solo - "Soft & wet.": Identical to its performance in All Star Battle, though executes faster for the sake of brevity.
- With Joshu - We're friends, right?: Josuke and Joshu discuss their "friendship" status as Soft & Wet delivers a punch that downs the opponent. Joshu and Nut King Call hastily move in to finish them off, but fails to notice a bubble by Soft & Wet that steals the ground's friction, making him slip and spin out of control. Accelerating to high-speeds, Joshu is only stopped when he inevitably crashes into the downed opponent as Josuke humorously looks on.
He is paired with Narciso Anasui in the Eyes of Heaven Tournament, having been placed in the F Block series of battles to be incorporated into the main Tournament. They were eliminated in the first round by Part 4 Jotaro Kujo and Diego Brando (Parallel World).